Open Access Subscription Access
Technology Based Teaching (TBT): A Transformational Study with Database Management System
In this 21st century, edifying is not inhibited to pen and board method as it used to be an effic acious (or ve rbal iz e only) source of communication in the earlier days. Nowadays, its span from four walls of class to any corner of the world. Students can optically discern, learn, etc. from anywhere of the world's corner. In this paper we have given our experiments with Undergrad subject Database Management Systems (DBMS) predicated on the technology implements like crossword, scramble word, findword, Kahoot and so on. In the cessation, we have done the survey in the respective class to get the feedback of these technology.
Teaching, Transformation, DBMS, Kahoot, Crossword, Findword.
- Borich, G. D. (1988). Effective teaching methods. Pearson Education India.
- Dianat, P. (2019, July). Interactive teaching methods of optoelectronics for enhancing engagement of under-represented groups. In Fifteenth Conference on Education and Training in Optics and Photonics: ETOP 2019 (Vol. 11143, p. 111430K). International Society for Optics and Photonics.
- Tutu, O. A. (2019). Survey of ICT and Education in Africa: Cape Verde Country Report.
- Rao, O.R.S. (2013) Outcome based Engineering Education – Need of the Hour, The Journal of Engineering Education, 1-13.
- Welch, R., Hitt, J., Baldwin, J., Bentler, D., Clarke, D., & Gross, S. (2001) The ExCEED Teaching Workshop: Hints to Successful Teaching, Proceedings of the 2001 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Prince, M.J., & Felder, R.M. (2006) Inductive Teaching and Learning Methods: Definitions, Comparisons and Research Bases, Journal of Engineering Education, 123-138.
- Wankat P.C., Felder, R. M., Smith, K.A., & Oreovicz, F.S. (2002) The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Engineering, Chapter 11 of M.T. Huber and S. Morreale, eds., Disciplinary Styles in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: Exploring Common Ground. AAHE/Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Washington, 1-13.
- Kapranos, P., & Tsakiropoulos, P. (2008) Teaching Engineering Students, International Symposium for Engineering Education, 2008, Dublin City University, Ireland.
- Houghton, W. (2004) Engineering Subject Centre Guide: Learning and Teaching Theory for Engineering Academics, The Higher Education Academy, Engineering Subject Centre, University of Exeter.
- Goodhew, P.J. (2010) Teaching Engineering – All you need to know about engineering education but were afraid to ask, The Higher Education Academy – UK Centre for Materials Education, University of Liverpool, ISBN 978 1-907207-22-8.
- Atasi Mohanty, Deepshikha Dash, “Engineering Education in India: Preparation of Professional Engineering Educators” , Journal of Human Resource and Sustainability Studies, 2016, 4, 92-101
- Kahoot, https://kahoot.it accessed on 23-11 2018
Abstract Views: 2
PDF Views: 0