Open Access Subscription Access
Industrial and Environmental Safety and Efficiency of Gas Transportation Industry
Objectives: Analysis of the influence of the drive type of gas compressor units on industrial safety and ecological efficiency of the main gas pipelines. Methods/Statistical analysis: Analysis of the main drive types of gas compressor units was carried out. Analysis of the main factors, which influence on industrial safety and ecological efficiency of the main gas pipelines, was carried out. It is shown, what technologies in a driver of gas compressor units are used to improve industrial safety and ecological efficiency of the main gas pipelines. Findings: The main drive types of gas compressor units are: gas turbines; electric drives; gas engine compressors. The main factors that influence industrial safety and ecological efficiency of the main gas pipelines, when using gas turbine gas compressor units are: emissions of harmful substances in the atmosphere; toxic waste; noise and vibration. When using gas turbine gas compressor units there is an additional problem of energy saving on the main gas pipelines. The best way to improve industrial safety and ecological efficiency of the main gas pipelines is to use electrically driven gas compressor units. The most effective and well-proven are electrically driven gas compressor units, built on the concepts of HOFIM and MOPICO. Application/Improvements: The results of work can be used in the analysis and development of methods to improve industrial safety and ecological efficiency of the main gas pipelines.
- Zyrin VO, Vasiliev BU. Electrothermal complex with dowhole elec-trical heating generators for enhanced heavy oil recovery. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2016; 11(3):1859–66.
- Mardashov DV, Vasiliev BU. Development of well killing technology during well service on oil gas and condensate fields with carbonate reservoirs. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10(22):43103–5.
- Cortinovisa A, Ferreaua H.J, Lewandowskib D, Mercangöza M. Ex-perimental evaluation of MPC-based anti-surge and process control for elec-tric driven centrifugal gas compressors. Journal of Process Control. 2015; 34:13–25.
- Verma M, Parker D, Grinbaum II, Nanney J. Converting to electric motors and adjustable speed drives: A case study of a 20.000HP gas turbine driven compressor. IEEE Petroleum and Chemical Industry Committee Conference, USA; 2015. р. 1–9.
- Wil B, Mol V. Direct electric drives for the west-east pipeline – flexible, efficient and with a high degree of availability. Petro Min PipeLiner. 2010; 2(08):24–7.
- Wyszkowski M, Sivitskaya V. Effect of different substances on some properties of soil contam-inated with heating oil. Journal of Ecological Engineering. 2015; 16(1):62–6.
- Kozyaruk AE, Vasilev BY. Structure. composition. and control algorithms of high-efficiency electric drives of gas-compressor units. Russian Electrical Engineering. 2013; 84(2):94–102.
- Higashi N. Natural gas in china. Market evolution and strategy. Energy markets and security: Beijing; 2009. p. 1–39.
- Behmer P, Meyer B. Verdichterstation ochtrup mit elektroantrieb und regelbarem planeten-getriebe. GWF Gas Energie. 2011; 152(7–8):462–5.
- MAN. HOFIM technology oil-free compression systems. MAN Press: Zurich; 2012. p. 1–6.
- MAN. MOPICO Compact compression system for gas transport. MAN Press: Zurich; 2014. p. 1–6
Abstract Views: 472
PDF Views: 0