Open Access Subscription Access
Valuation of Cultural Goods: Evaluation of Perspective Methods
Valuation of cultural assets represents a very actual topic not widely discussed within contemporary accounting and financial research. Main motivation of this paper is therefore to provide an empirical evidence of the methods for valuation of cultural and artistic goods. In general, any method for valuating cultural and artistic goods or institutions cannot bring results as objective as those available to valuate assets in the real market economy. Within this paper we did focused on valuation on a specific case of cultural institutions (theatre, museum) and also we aimed to analyse the economic impacts of cultural organizations.
Cultural Goods, Creative Industry, Valuation Methods, Economic Consequences, State Grant Policy, Czech Republic.
- Alpizar, F., Carlsson, F., & Martinsson, P. (1998) Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation, Amsterdam: Springer.
- Cikanek, M. (2009) Kreativni prumysly: prilezitost pro novou ekonomiku, Prague: Arts and Theatre Institute.
- Florida, R. (2002) The Rise of Creatice Class and How It's Transforming Work, New York.
- Kant, I. (1965) Kritika soudnosti, Prague: Odeon.
- Kislingerova, E. (2013) Nekolik poznamek k otazkam ocenovani kulturnich statku, Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 46-60.
- Kubickova, K. (2012a) Oceneni Divadla Oskara Nedbala Tabor, Prague: University of Economics Prague.
- Kubickova, M. (2012b) Oceneni Husitskeho musea v Tabore, Prague: University of Economics Prague.
- MC CR (2011) Zakladni statisticke informace o kulture v CR, Prague: Ministry of Culture Czech Republic.
- Myerscough, J. (1998) The Economic Importance of the Arts in Great Britain, London: Policy Studies Institute.
- O'Brien, D. (2010) Measuring the value of culture: a report to the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, London: Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
- Raabova, T. (2011) Navrh certifikovane metodiky pro vypocet ekonomickych dopadu kulturni organizace, Prague: Arts and Theatre Institute.
Abstract Views: 225
PDF Views: 77