Open Access Subscription Access
Possibilities for the Use of Information Obtained by using Information and Technical Means and Means of Operative-Search Activities in Other Criminal Matters
Information that were obtained legally using information and technical means and means of operative-search activities have the nature of evidence in criminal proceedings. The nature of evidence is granted directly to this information, not to the media where they are recorded. In the case of legal use, this information has the nature of evidence in the criminal case, but the provisions of Criminal Procedure Code in the Slovak Republic contribute significantly to the detection and proving of serious criminal offences, because such information can be indirectly used also in other criminal case. Problematic is the fact that the Supreme Court of the Slovak Republic adopted differing positions precisely on these options of the use of evidence in other criminal case, this dispute was also joined by the Prosecutor's office and this application problem has not been resolved even by the unifying opinion at the level of the Supreme Court of the Slovak Republic. There is therefore still an open question from the point of argumentation and application, what evidence can be used also in other criminal cases or under what conditions.
Information, Evidence, Con-Current Conduction of Criminal Prosecution, Application Practice.
- Ivor, J., Polak, P., Zahora, J.: Criminal Procedure Code. IInd part. Bratislava: Wolters Kluwer, 2017.
- Ivor, J., Tóthova, M.: Informacie získané použitím informacno-technickych prostriedkov a prostriedkov operatívno-patracej cinnosti. In Ivor, et al.: From crime to punishment. Bratislava: EUROKÓDEX, 2012.
- Kyjac, Z.: Použitie informacno-technických prostriedkov v trestnom konaní. Bratislava: Wolters Kluwer, 2015.
- Skorkova, V., Kotrecova, A.: Vplyv judikatúry ESĽP na rozhodovanie vnútroštátnych súdov vo veciach práva na ochranu súkromia. In: Acta Iuridica Olomucensia, No. 8/2013.
- Tittlová, M.: Zákon o ochrane súkromia pred odpočúvaním. Comment. Bratislava: Wolters Kluwer, 2017.
- Criminal Procedure Code (Act No. 301/2005 Coll., as amended).
- Ruling of the Constitutional Court of the Czech Republic I. US 3038/07.
- Ruling of the Supreme Court of the Slovak Republic 3 To 2/2011 of 21 September 2011.
- Ruling of the Supreme Court of the Slovak Republic 2 To 5/2011 of 07 February 2012.
Abstract Views: 85
PDF Views: 14