Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Review on Study of Bottle Gourd on Human Health
Now a day peoples are interested in the hair care preparation like shampoos and hair conditioners. Shampoos are the products which are used for the removal of the dirt and surface grease from the hair shaft and scalp. There are numbers of synthetic shampoos in the market as compared to the herbal or natural shampoo, but synthetic shampoo has some harmful effect on the hair or scalp like dryness of hair and keratin loss. Now a day peoples are more aware about the side-effects each and every ingredient used in the formulation of shampoo or any of the cosmetic preparation. Hence due to this reason there is increase in demand for the natural ingredient containing formulation. From the results and discussion we were concluded that the formulation was better in all aspects when compared to the synthetic shampoos. The marketed shampoos have excessive detergents which can strip the hairs off from the scalp. The prepared herbal shampoo was having better detergency and even it maintained the shiny and oily appearance. Therefore the formulated herbal shampoo passed the entire test and hence can be a better substitute to the shampoos available in market.
Synthetic, ingredient, herbal, detergents
- Erickson, David L.; Smith, Bruce D.; Clarke, Andrew C.; Sandweiss, Daniel H.; Tuross, Noreen (20 December 2005). "An Asian origin for a 10,000-year-old domesticated plant in the Americas". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 102 (51): 18315–18320. Bibcode: 2005PNAS.10218315E. doi:10.1073/pnas.0509279102. PMC 1311910. PMID 16352716.
- Decker-Walters, Deena S; Wilkins-Ellert, Mary; Chung, SangMin; Staub, Jack E (2004). "Discovery and Genetic Assessment of Wild Bottle Gourd [Lagenaria Siceraria (Mol.) Standley; Cucurbitaceae] from Zimbabwe". Economic Botany. 58 (4): 501–8. doi:10.1663/0013-0001(2004)058[0501:DAGAOW]2.0.CO;2. hdl:10113/44303. JSTOR 4256864.
- Clarke, Andrew C; Burtenshaw, Michael K; McLenachan, Patricia A; Erickson, David L; Penny, David (2006). "Reconstructing the Origins and Dispersal of the Polynesian Bottle Gourd (Lagenaria siceraria)". Molecular Biology and Evolution. 23 (5): 893–900. doi:10.1093/molbev/msj092. PMID 16401685.
- Gemüse des Jahres 2002: Der Flaschenkürbis (in German). Schandelah: VEN – Verein zur Erhaltung der Nutzpflanzen Vielfalt e.V. 2002. Archived from the original on 10 August 2007. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- Strabo, Walahfrid (2000). De cultura hortorum (in Latin and German). Näf, W.; és Gabathuler, M. (ford.). ISBN 978-3-7995- 3504-5. Archived from the original on 29 September 2007. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- Walahfrid Strabo (2002). De cultura hortorum sive Hortulus VII Cucurbita (in Latin). Fachhochschule Augsburg: bibliotheca Augustana.
- White, Nancy (2005). Nancy White University of South Florida – South American Archaeology: Archaic, Preceramic, Sedentism. Bloomington: Indiana University Bloomington MATRIX project.
- Kistler, Logan; Montenegro, Álvaro; Smith, Bruce D.; Gifford, John A.; Green, Richard E.; Newsom, Lee A.; Shapiro, Beth (25 February 2014). "Transoceanic drift and the domestication of African bottle gourds in the Americas". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 111 (8): 2937–2941. Bibcode:2014PNAS..111.2937K. doi:10.1073/pnas.1318678111. PMC 3939861. PMID 24516122.
- Coskun Omer, Mehmet Kanter, Korkmaz Ahmet other Sukru. Quercetin, a flavonoid antioxidant, Prevents and protects streptozotocin-induced oxidative stress and B-cell damage in rat pancreas. J Pharmacological Research 2005; 51(2): 117-23.
- Shah BN, Seth AK, Nayak BS. Microwave assisted isolation of mucilage from the fruits of Lagenaria siceraria. Der Pharmacia Lett 2010; 2: 202-5.
- Tabata M, Taluka S, Cho HJ, et al. Production of an antiallergic triterene bryonolic acid by plant tissue cultures. J Nat Prod 1993; 56(2): 165-74.
- Habib-ur -Rahaman AS. Bottle gourd (Lagenaria siceraria)-a vegetable for good health. Nat. Prod. Radiance 2003; 2: 249-256. Sirohi PS, Sivakami N. Genetic diversity in cucurbits. Indian Hort. 1991; 36: 44-45.
- Sirohi PS, Sivakami N. Genetic diversity in cucurbits. Indian Hort. 1991; 36: 44-45.
- Modgil M, Modgil R, Kumar R. Carbohydrate and mineral content of chyote (Sechium edule) and bottle gourd (Lagenaria Siceraria). J. Hum. Ecol. 2004; 15: 157-159.
- Baranoswka KM, Cisowski W. HPLC determination of flavoneCglycosides in some species of Cucurbitaceae family. J. Chromatogram A 1994; 675: 240-243.
- Chang SC, Lee MS, Li CH, Chen ML. Dietary fiber content and composition of vegetable in Taiwan area. Asian Pacific J. Clin. Nutr. 1995; 4: 204-210
Abstract Views: 111
PDF Views: 0