Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Physico-chemical Analysis, Phytochemical content and Antioxidant properties of honey dates "Robe" of some Algeria date variety from Oued Righ and Oued Souf regions
Honey has been made from some variety of date (Phoenix dactylifera L) Ghars, Tinicin and Tekermist (Tantbocht). The aim of this study is to determine different phytochemical compound and antioxidant properties of honey dates from Ouedrigh and Ouedsouf regions. The physical properties of these samples were very high significantly differences (p<0.001) on moisture and pH value with dark color in all type of honey dates. In addition, There were a significant differences (p<0.05) on total phenols, flavonoids and total sugars content among samples. Based on antioxidant properties, there were also significant difference (p<0.05) between the different samples. In conclusion the different product of honey date given the different beneficial antioxidant properties of these varieties but the dates honey Tinicin has a high importance antioxidant effect and physicochemical properties compared to the auther variety of honey dates.
Honey date, Antioxidants, Ghars, Tekrmist, Tinicin, Ouedrigh, Ouedsouf
- Boulaares I, Derouiche S. Effect of Garlic and Onions Extract Enriched with Honey Treatment on the Lipid Profile, Biochemical and Hematological Biomarker Status in Healthy Women. J. Pharm Biosci. 2021. 9(1): 22-27.
- Chaira N, Ferchichi A, Mrabet A, Sghairoun M. Characterisation of Date Juices extracted from the rest of sorting of degletnour variety. Biotechnology. 2007; 6(2), 251-256.
- El-Nagga EA, Abd El–Tawab YA. Compositional characteristics of date syrup extracted by different methods in some fermented dairy products. Annals Agr Sci. 2012; 57(1), 29-36.
- Derouiche S, Zeghib K. Evaluation of the Chelating Efficacy of Aquilariamalaccensis and Aristolochia longa Against Biochemical Alterations Induced by Lead Bioaccumulation in Rats. J PharmBiosci 2019; 7(2): 11-15.
- Chandrasekaran M, Bahkali AH. Valorization of date palm (Phoenix dactylifera) fruit processing by-products and wastes using bioprocess technology - Review. Saudi J Biol Sci. 2013;20(2):105-20.
- Fateme R A, Mina A. The Influence of Date Syrup on Color, Texture and Sensory Properties of Gaz. Bulletin Environ, Pharmacol Life Sci. 2014; 3(2), 159-163.
- El-Sharnouby GA, Aleid SM, Al-Otaibi MM. Liquid Sugar Extraction from Date Palm (Phoenix dactyliferaL.) Fruits. J Food Process Technol.2014; 5(12),1-5
- Boorn KL, Khor YY, Sweetman, E, Tan F, Heard TA and Hammer KA, 2010. Antimicrobial activity of honey from the stingless bee Trigonacarbonaria determined by agar diffusion, agar dilution, broth microdilution and time kill methodology. J AppMicrobiol. 108(5): 1534-1543.
- Mohini Shelke, Avesh Tamboli, Pankaj Sonawane, Priyanka Sadaphal, S.D. Mankar. A Review on Pharmacognosy and Pharmacological Activity of Carica papaya Leaf. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2021; 13(4):200-4.
- Slinkard K, Singleton VL. Total Phenol Analysis: Automation and Comparison with Manual Methods. American J EnolVitic,1977;28: 49-55.
- Irawan A, Rochaeny HH, Sulistiawaty L, Utami A, Putri D.Phytochemical Screening, Volatile Compound Analysis, and Antioxidant Activity of Mangiferaquadrifida Jack (Isem Kembang) Baby Fruit collected from Lampung, Indonesia. Res J Pharm Technol. 2021; 14(7):3523-7.
- Dubois M, Gilles K.A, Hamilton J.K, Pebers P.A and Smith F. Colorimetric method for determination of sugars and related substances. Anal Chem., 1956; 28: 350-356
- Ramya KB. In vitro Antioxidant potential, Total Phenolic and Flavonoid contents in Justiciagendarussa leaf extracts. Res J Pharm Technol. 2021; 14(5):2707-3.
- Ma J, Wu S, Shekhar NVR, Biswas S, Sahu AK. Determination of Physicochemical Parameters and Levels of Heavy Metals in Food Waste Water with Environmental Effects. Bioinorg Chem Appl. 2020; 2020:8886093.
- Ratiu IA, Al-Suod H, Bukowska M, Ligor M, Buszewski B. Correlation Study of Honey Regarding their Physicochemical Properties and Sugars and Cyclitols Content. Molecules. 2019; 25(1):34.
- Marasani A, Dugasani S, Kilari EK. Phytochemical, antioxidant, anti-stress and cerebroprotective activity of ethanolic extract of stem of Sarcostemmaacidum. Res J Pharm Technol. 2021; 14(11):5965-2.
- Singh I, Singh S. Honey moisture reduction and its quality. J Food Sci Technol. 2018;55(10):3861-3871.
- Dżugan M, Tomczyk M, Sowa P, Grabek-Lejko D. Antioxidant Activity as Biomarker of Honey Variety. Molecules. 2018;23(8):2069.
- Chetehouna S, Atoussi O, Boulaares I, Guemari IY, Derouiche S. The effect of Chronic Tobacco smoking on Atherogenic index and cardiovascular diseases risk in El-Oued (Algeria) men. Asian J.
- Research Chem. 2020; 13(6): 1-6.
- Cianciosi D, Forbes-Hernández TY, Afrin S, Gasparrini M, Reboredo-Rodriguez P, Manna PP, Zhang J, Bravo Lamas L, Martínez Flórez S, AgudoToyos P, Quiles JL, Giampieri F, Battino M. Phenolic Compounds in Honey and Their Associated Health Benefits: A Review. Molecules. 2018;23(9):2322.
- Derouiche S, Cheradid T, Guessoum M. Electrolyte Analysis of drinking water of Djamaa (Algeria) region and study its effect on the kidneys in Wistar rats. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(3):219-224.
- Atoussi O, Chetehouna S, Derouiche S. Biological properties and Acute Toxicity Study of Copper oxide nanoparticles prepared by aqueous leaves extract of Portulacaoleracea (L). Asian J Pharm Res. 2020; 10(2):89-94.
- Derouiche S, Degachi O, Gharbi K. Phytochemistry analysis and modulatory activity of Portulacaeoleracea and Aquilariamalaccensis extracts against High-fructose and high-fat diet induced immune cells alteration and heart lipid peroxidation in Rats. IntRes J Bio Sci. 2019; 8(4): 6-11.
- Atoussi O, Chetehouna S, Boulaares I, Guemari IY, Derouiche S. Analysis of Blood Pressure, Lipid Profile and Hematological Biomarkers in men Addicted to Tobacco Chewing. Res J Pahrmacol Pharmacodyn. 2021; 13(1): 1-4
- Alghamdi BA, Alshumrani ES, Saeed MSB, Rawas GM, Alharthi NT, Baeshen MN, Helmi NM, Alam MZ, Suhail M. Analysis of sugar composition and pesticides using HPLC and GC-MS techniques in honey samples collected from Saudi Arabian markets. Saudi J Biol Sci. 2020; 27(12): 3720-3726.
- Deepti Dongarwar Inamdar, Afeez M Dinakaran, Vadiraj D Kurdekar, Hemant R Jadhav. Synthesis and Antioxidant Potential of Novel 2-Isoxazole Substituted Chromenones Synthesized by Microwave Irradiation. Asian J Research Chem. 2010; 3(1): 106-109.
- Ajibola A, Chamunorwa JP, Erlwanger KH. Nutraceutical values of natural honey and its contribution to human health and wealth. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2012; 9:61.
- Atoussi O, Chetehouna S, Boulaares I, Guemari IY, Derouiche S. Analysis of Blood Pressure, Lipid Profile and Hematological Biomarkers in men Addicted to Tobacco Chewing. Res JPharmacol Pharmacodyn. 2021; 13(1): 1-5.
Abstract Views: 101
PDF Views: 0