An Analytical Study of News Paper Reading Habits Among the Hospitality Students in the City of Pune
Newspaper reading is very essential now a days. The study is based on the reading habits of among the hospitality students of Pune City. The authors have used questionnaire to collect the data. The respondents are too confident about the views of newspapers reading and use of iPhone/ android for updating. Male students are more than women for feedback. Respondents are within the age of 19, 20 and 21. Respondents have the habit to read the newspapers on daily basis. They prefer to read newspaper rather than any other source of information. The use of library on regular basis is very less. Maximum students who goes on weekly basis to refer newspaper for reading are more. Respondents who refers other source for information than newspapers. Maximum people refer Times of India as a major source for reading. Other major source is internet through mobile. Indian Express, Hindustan Times, Hospitality Express, Lokmat, Sakal, are less referred for reading. Respondents said they don’t refer Hospitality Journal or magazines daily. They refer mobile or internet. By using Internet on a large scale to get the news on hospitality and its sectors than radio and TV. IPhone / android phone and online information is the major source for continual information about hospitality followed by newspaper and radio. Sports, Hospitality, Politics, Sensational News, Cinema these are the prime focus areas for reading. Sports is one of the favorite part to read in the newspapers. Students are more towards sports likings. They are concentrated on sports rather than all other news in the newspapers. Other information plays very less importance for the hospitality students. Entertainment and news come later as a priority. Electronic media has got the maximum feedback as a positive response. Students are more willing to read news on electric media rather than print media and others. They feels that is one of the fastest and easily available source. Which they can refer at any time anywhere. As you want to see the popularity of newspapers universally is good. Most of the people refer newspapers as a reading source.
- Budd (ed.) 2002; Walravens (ed.) (2006, 2008, and 2011). Maja Krtalic, Damir Hasenay (2012), Newspapers as a source of scientific information in social sciences and humanities: A case study of Faculty of Philosophy, University of Osijek, Croatia. Retrieved from http://conference.ifla.org/ifla78 Date, Session 119 — Users and portals: digital newspapers, usability, and Genealogy — Newspapers with Genealogy and Local History,
- Krishnamurthy, C., & Awari, V. H. (2015). Newspaper Reading Habits among Post-Graduate Students of Karnatak University, Dharwad. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 35(1), 25-29. DOI: 10.14429/djlit.35.1.7837, 2015, DESIDOC.
- Edegoh, L. O. N., Ezeh, N. C., & Samson, A. C. (2015). Evaluation of newspaper reading habits of youths in Anambra State, Nigeria. New Media and Mass Communication, 37. ISSN 2224-3267 (Paper) ISSN 2224-3275 (Online).
- Nagashetti, V. N., & Kenchakkanavar, A. Y. (2015). News paper reading habits among the students of muncipal arts and commerce college, laxmeshwar: A sociological perspective. International Journal of Advanced Research in Eduation & Technology (IJARET), 2(3). ISSN: 2394-2975 (Online) ISSN: 2394-6814 (Print)
- Majumder, D., & Hasan, M. (2013). Newspaper Reading Habits of Private University Students: A Case Study on World University of Bangladesh. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM), 12(1), 87-91. e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Retrieved from www.iosrjournals.org
Abstract Views: 28
PDF Views: 1