Open Access Subscription Access
Analysis of Open Access Journals on Social Science in DOAJ: A Study
This paper examines the journals available on Social Science in DOAJ. It is found that 50 journals related to Social Science are available. Majority of the journals are published by USA, many of them are being published in English language and only few journals are charging publication fees from the author. Some of the institutions like DESIDOC, NISCARE are publishing their journals in the open access domain to increase the accessibility. Based on the results of the study, it is suggested that the open access journals should be covered multiple subjects to increase accessibility at global level.
DOAJ, Open Access, Social Science.
- Agashe A.T., Lihitkar S.R., and Lihitkar R., “Free online journals on business management on Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)”, SRELS Journals of Information Management, vol. 41(1). p. 41–60, 2010.
- Chauhan K., “Selected free e-journals in library and information science in Directory of Open Access Journals”, DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology, vol. 32(4). p. 339–346, 2012.
- European Research Council. Open Access Status of Journal Articles from ERC- Funded Projects, Brussels. 2012. Available: http://erc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/document/file/ open_access_study_status_journal_ articles_ERC_funded_ projects.pdf
- Faizul N., and Hilal A., “Analysis of Open Access Scholarly Journals in Chemistry”. 2014. Available: http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2821&context=li bphilprac
- Husain S., and Nazim M., “Analysis of open access scholarly journals in media and communication”. DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology, vol. 33(5). p. 405– 411, 2013.
- Kwan J., “What is open access and why should you care?”. Latitudes, vol. 12(3), 2003. Available: http://nnlm.gov/psr/ lat/v12n3/open_access.html. (Accessed 3 March 2014).
- Sivakumaren K.S., et. al., “A study on open access journals in library and information science: with reference to DOAJ”. Int. J. Libr. Sci., vol. 6(2), 2012.
Abstract Views: 391
PDF Views: 231