Open Access Subscription Access
Comparative Study of Pure Zno and Copper Doped Zno Nanoparticles Synthesised via Co-Precipitation Method
The ZnO nanoparticles has unique properties like wide band gap energy, large excitation energy, acts as a functional material near UV emission, optical transparency . It has versatile applications in optoelectronic devices, which creates the immense interest in its synthesis. Pure ZnO&Copper doped ZnO nanoparticles were prepared by Controlled Precipitation method. The structural characterization of the samples was investigated by X-ray diffraction and Scanning electron microscopy. The crystalline size of Pure ZnO nanoparticle is 22nm&Copper doped Nanoparticle is 11 nm is revealed by XRD. SEM micrographs reveals that both images are cluster shaped. The FT-IR showed that various functional groups have been formed. UV visible spectroscopy determines the band gap energy of ZnO nanoparticles.
Copper Doped ZnO, FTIR, Pure ZnO, SEM, UV, XRD.
- Bahsi Z., Oral A., “Effects of Mn and Cu Doping on the Microstructures and Optical Properties of Sol-gel Derived ZnO Thin Films”, Opt. Mater., vol. 29. p. 672–678, 2007.
- Rekha K., Nirmala M., Nair M., Anukaliani A., “Structural, optical, photocatalytic and antibacterial activity of zinc oxide and manganese doped zinc oxide nanoparticles”, Physics B: Condensed Matter, vol. 405. p. 3180–3185, 2010.
- Ullah R., Dutta J., “Photocatalytic degradation of organic dyes with manganese-doped ZnO nanoparticles”, J. Hazard. Mater. vol. 156. p. 194–200, 2008.
- Fu M., Li Y., Wu S, Lu P., Liu J., Dong F., “Sol–gel preparation and enhanced photo catalytic performance of Cu-doped ZnO nanoparticles”, Appl. Surf. Sci., vol. 258. p. 1587–1591, 2011.
- Xu C., Cao L., Su G., Liu W., Liu H., Yu Y., Qu X., “Preparation of ZnO/Cu2O compound photocatalyst and application in treating organic dyes”, J. Hazard. Mater., vol. 176. p. 807–813, 2010.
- Liu Z., Deng J., Deng J., Li F., “Fabrication and photo catalysis of CuO/ZnOnano-composites via a new method”, Mater. Sci. Eng. B, vol. 150. p. 99–104, 2008.
- Fernandes D, Silva R, Hechenleitner A. W., Radovanovic E., CustуdioMelo M., Pineda E., “Synthesis and characterization of ZnO, CuO and a mixed Zn and Cu oxide”, Mater. Chem. Phys., vol. 115. p. 110–115, 2009.
- Muthukumaran S., Gopalakrishnan R., “Structural, FTIR and photoluminescence studies of Cu doped ZnO nanopowders by co-precipitation method”, Opt. Mater., vol. 34. p. 1946–1953, 2012.
- Donkova B., Dimitrov D., Kostadinov M., Mitkova E., Mehandjiev D., “Catalytic and photocatalytic activity of lightly doped catalysts M:ZnO (M = Cu, Mn)”, Mater. Chem. Phys., vol. 123. p. 563–568, 2010.
- Oh S., Kang M., Cho C., Lee M., “Detection of car¬cinogenic amines from dye stuffs or dyed substrates”, Dyes Pigments, vol. 33. p. 119–135, 1997.
Abstract Views: 414
PDF Views: 589