Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Factors Infuluencing the Quality Index of Schools: A Preliminary Study
Education is a fundamental requirement of life. It is a crucial instrument that contributes to the overall growth and development of the country. Quality education lays the groundwork for societal egalitarianism. “People may widen all of their attributes and talents via quality education, allowing them to reach their full potential as human beings and members of society”. School Education Quality Index is a very important matter to be achieved. Therefore, researcher has chosen to work on the quality index of top government schools of Delhi. The present paper explains various factors, factors influencing the quality index of schools and assess the quality index of top Delhi government schools. It mentions the list of top Delhi government schools on the basis of their percentage of results and based on their quality index. Since it is important to measure the components to identify the quality index of a school, researcher has done a detailed analysis about teaching and non-teaching faculties, infrastructure of the institution, methods to assess students and other extra-curricular activities of Delhi government schools.
quality index, Delhi government schools, SQAA, SEQI, faculty, student assessment
- Cizek, G., Agger, C., & Lim, S. (2020, August 26). Measurement in education in the United States. Retrieved from oxfordbibliographies.com: https://www.oxfordbib liographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199756810/obo-97801997568100060.xml
- Indiatoday web desk (2021, October 17). How govt schemes RISE and EQUIP are bringing in a new dawn in the Indian education system. Retrieved from www.indiatoday.in: https://www.indiatoday.in/education-today/featurephilia/story/how-govt-schemes-rise-and-equip-are-developing-indian-education-system1865828-2021-10-17
- Institute for Studies in Industrial Development. Quality in school education. New Delhi.
- Kalam, D. A. (n.d.). CBSE School Quality Assessment and Assurance (SQAA). Retrieved February 7, 2021, from cbse.gov.in: https://www.cbse.gov.in/cbsenew/documents/CBSE%20School%20Quality%20Assessment%20and%20Assurance.pdf
- Kumar, P. (2019, October). “SEQI is a forward-looking instrument”: NITI Aayog's Alok Kumar explains how the new index can help states improve education. Retrieved from centralsquarefoundation.org: https://centralsquarefoundation.org/articles/seqi-forward-looking-instrument-niti-aayog-alok-kumar-new-index-statesimproveschool-education.html
- Mehra, A., Bali, U., & Arora, N. (2012). Quality of primary education in India: An interstate perspective. Journal of Social Science Research, 2(1), 91-101.
- Mondal, K. H. (2016, June 04). Quality in school education. Quality in School Education. Slideshare.net.
- National Council of Educational Research & Training (2005). National curriculum framework. NCERT. New Delhi, India Name of place?
- NITI Aayog (2021, December). School education quality index. Retrieved from www.niti.gov.in: https://www.niti.gov.in/index.php/content/school-educationqualityindex
- NITI Aayog (2019). The success of our schools: School education quality index. HYPERLINK "https://www.niti.gov.in/sites/default/files/2019-09/seqi_document_0.pdf" seqi_document_0.pdf (niti.gov.in) Incomplete reference
- Sarin, M. N. (2015). School, Quality education for all? A case study of New Delhi government. Policy futures in education, doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/1478210315569042 Incomplete reference
Abstract Views: 71
PDF Views: 0