Open Access Subscription Access
Modeling and Closed Loop Votlage Mode Control of a Forward Converter
Objectives: This study is to introduce the design and development of a closed loop voltage-controlled forward converter operating in continuous conduction mode. Methods: The open and closed loop simulation was done in PSIM and the four different compensators were designed. Experimental work was carried out for both open and closed loop converter incorporating a type-2 PI compensator. Findings: A PI compensated forward converterwas capable of stepping down voltage with low ripple content and improved steady state performance. Application: The forward converter was designed in a laboratory prototype to study its operation for open loop and closed loop feedback. PI compensated forward converter was found to reduce the steady state error of the converter.
- Power electronics. Available from: https://www.abebooks.com/9780073380674/Power-Electronics-Daniel-HartProfessor-0073380679/plp. Date accessed: 2010.
- Chen SJ, Huang CM, Yang SP. A new interleaved series input parallel output zero-voltage-switching forward converter. 6th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications. 2011; p. 1791-6. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIEA.2011.5975883
- Singh S, Bhuvaneswari B, Singh V. Power quality improvement in multi-output forward boost converter. India International Conference on Power Electronics 2010 (IICPE 2010). 2011; p. 1-5. https://doi.org/10.1109/IICPE.2011.5728105
- A DC-DC interleaved forward converter to step - up DC voltage for DC Micro grid applications. Available from: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6672501. Date accessed: 25/11/2013.
- EMI Examination of Symmetric Forward Converter.
- Choi Y, Keum MH, Han SK, Kang JI. High efficiency and high power factor single-stage balanced forward-flyback converter. IECON 2013 - 39th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society. 2013; p. 822-7.
- Baby A, Nithya M. Sliding mode controlled forward converter. IEEE 9th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO). 2015; p. 1-4. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCO.2015.7282270
- Yang J, Faris AN, Zhang W. Small-signal model analysis and control design of a double-ended forward converter in discontinuous-capacitor-voltage mode. IET Power Electronics. 2015; 8(5):802-13. https://doi.org/10.1049/ietpel. 2014.0349
- Sudeep E, Rachappa Singh BK, Chippalkatti VS, Rao KU. Design and implementation of current mode controlled 150W miniature forward converter for defence application. IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES). 2016; p. 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1109/PEDES.2016.7914231
- Altintas G, Gulbahce MO, Kocabas DA. Non-ideal Analysis, Design and Voltage Mode Control of a Boost Converter. 57th International Scientific Conference on Power and Electrical Engineering of Riga Technical University (RTUCON). 2016; p. 1-6. PMCid:PMC5042924
- Biabani MAKA. Simulation, Mathematical Calculation and Comparison of Power Factor and Efficiency for Forward, Fly back and Proposed Forward-Flyback Converter. International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, and Optimization Techniques (ICEEOT). 2016; p. 1583-9. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICEEOT.2016.7754952
- Zhou G, Ruan X, Wang X. Input Voltage Feed-Forward Control Strategy for Cascaded DC/DC Converters With Wide Input Voltage Range. IEEE 8th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (IPEMC-ECCE Asia). 2016; p. 603-8.
- Zhou Z, Zhang Q, Li S, Jin Q. A Real-time Co-Simulation Research Based on VSC Closed-Loop Control. IEEE International Conference on Power System Technology (POWERCON). 2016; p. 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1109/POWERCON.2016.7753961
- Karuppiah M, Karthikumar K, Arunbalj A. A Transformerless Buck-Boost Converter with PID Controller (Closed Loop Controller). IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Techniques in Control, Optimization and Signal Processing (INCOS). 2017; p. 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1109/ITCOSP.2017.8303145
- Loza B, Cherrez JP, Gonzalez LG. Design and analysis of performance of a forward converter with winding tertiary. IEEE International Autumn Meeting on Power, Electronics and Computing (ROPEC). 2017; p. 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1109/ROPEC.2017.8261632
- Lu YJ, Liang TJ, Lin CH, Chen KH. Design and implementation of a bidirectional dc-dc forward/flyback converter with leakage energy recycled. Asian Conference on Energy, Power and Transportation Electrification (ACEPT). 2017; p. 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACEPT.2017.8168572
- Yang SP, Chen SJ, Huang CM, Chen CE. A Novel SoftSwitching High Step-Down Forward Converter. IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics for Sustainable Energy Systems (IESES). 2018; p. 82-7. https://doi.org/10.1109/IESES.2018.8349854
- Meng T, Ben H, Song Y, Li C. Analysis and Design of an Input-Series Two-Transistor Forward Converter for High-Input Voltage Multiple-Output Applications. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2018; 65(1):270-9. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2017.2716913
- Krishnaja M, Samanta S. Effect of optocoupler feedback dynamics on peak current mode controlled active clamp forward converter. IEEMA Engineer Infinite Conference (eTechNxT). 2018; p. 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1109/ETECHNXT.2018.8385375
- Vijayakumar AP, Devi R. Simulation and Experimental Results for the Closed Loop Controlled DC to DC Forward Converter. Acta Electrotechnica et Informatica. 2017; 17(2):23-9. https://doi.org/10.15546/aeei-2017-0012
- Power electronics: converters, applications, and design. Available from: https://books.google.co.in/books/about/Power_electronics.html?id=ToYoAQAAMAAJ&redir_esc=y. Date accessed: 2003.
Abstract Views: 333
PDF Views: 0