Status of Human Elephant Conflict (HEC) in the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve:A Case Study from the Bandipur National Park, Karnataka, India
- ANCF (2007). Asian Nature Conservation Foundation. Southern India elephant Census 2007 - Final Report submitted to Karnataka Forest Department, Asian Elephant Research and Conservation Centre (a division of Asian Nature Conservation Foundation) Innovation Centre, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore.
- Avinash K., Phalke S. and Sulaiman A. (2015). 'A rapid-survey report on the Status of Human-Elephant Conflict at a Private Farmland at Gonmaknahalli Village abutting Anchetty Range (Hosur Forest Division – Tamilnadu)'. A Rocha India: Bangalore
- Balasubramanian M., Baskaran N., Swaminathan S. and Desai A.A. (1995). Crop raiding by Asian elephant (Elephas maximus) in the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, South India. In: A Week with Elephants (J.C. Daniel and H.S. Datye, eds.), pp. 350-367. Bombay Natural History Society/Oxford University Press, Bombay.
- Barnes R.F.W., Azika S. and Asamoah-Boateng R. (1995). Timber, cocoa, and crop-raiding elephants: a preliminary study from southern Ghana. Pachyderm., 19: 33-38.
- Datye H.S and Bhagwat A.M. (1995c). Man-elephant conflict: a case study of human deaths caused by elephants in parts of central India. In: A Week with Elephants (J.C. Daniel and H.S. Datye, eds.), pp. 340-349. Bombay Natural History Society/Oxford University Press, Bombay.
- Easa P.S and Shankar S. (1999). Man-wildlife interaction in Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary and adjacent areas. KFRI research report, Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi.
- Hoare R.E and du Toit J.T. (1999). Coexistence between people and elephants in African savannas. Conservation Biology, 13(3): 633-639.
- Hoare R.E. (2001). A Decision Support System (DSS) for Managing Human–Elephant Conflict Situations in Africa. IUCN African Elephant Specialist Group, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Jha N., Sarma K. and Bhattacharya P. (2014). Assessment of Elephant (Elephas Maximus) Mortality along Palakkad-Coimbatore Railway Stretch of Kerala and Tamil Nadu Using Geospatial Technology. J. Biodivers Manage Forestry, 3:1.
- Johnsingh A.J.T. and Panwar H.S. (1992). Elephant conservation in India- problems and prospects. In: Mammal Conservation in Developing Countries:A New Approach, ed. P. Wegge, pp. 36-56. Aas, Norway: Agriculture University of Norway.
- Kumar M.A., Mudappa D., Raman T.R.S. and Madhusudan M.D. (2004). The elephant hills: Conservation of wild Asian elephants in a landscape of fragmented rainforests and plantations in the Anamalais, India. CERC Technical Report No. 10, Nature Conservation Foundation, Mysore.
- Lenin J. and Sukumar R. (2011). Action plan for the mitigation of Elephant-Human Conflict in India. A Final Report submitted to USFWS.
- Nath C. and Sukumar R. (1998). Elephant-human conflict in Kodagu, southern India: distribution patterns, people's perceptions and mitigation methods. Asian Elephant Conservation Centre, Bangalore.
- Naughton-Treves L. (1998). Predicting Patterns of Crop Damage by Wildlife around Kibale National Park, Uganda. Conservation Biology, 12(1): 156–158.
- Nelson A.P., Bidwell and Sillero (2003). A Review of Humn Elephant Conflict Management Strategies. People and Wildlife Intiative. Wildlife Conservation Research Unit, Oxford University, 25p.
- Palita S.K. and Purohit K.L. (2008). Human-Elephant Conflict: Case Studies from Orissa and Suggested Measures for Mitigation. Proceedings of the Seminar on Endemic & Endangered Species of the Nilgiris. pp 86-99.
- Santiapillai C. (1996). Mitigation of human-elephant conflicts in Sri Lanka. Gajah., 15: 1-7.
- Sukumar R. (2003). The Living Elephants: evolutionary ecology, behavior and conservation. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Sukumar R. and Gadgil M. (1988). Male-female differences in foraging on crops by Asian elephants. Animal Behaviour, 36: 1233-1235.
- Sukumar R. (1989b). Ecology of the Asian elephant in southern India. I. Movement and habitat utilization patterns. J. Tropical Ecology, 5: 1-18.
- Singh A.K., Singh R.R. and Chowdhury S. (2002). Human elephant conflicts in changed landscapes of south west Bengal, India. Indian Forester, 128: 1119-1132.
- Thouless C. (1994). Conflict between humans and elephants on private land in northern Kenya. Oryx., 28(2): 119-127.
- Williams A.C and Johansingh A.J.T. (1996a). Status survey of elephants, their habitats and assessment of elephant-human conflict in Garo hills, Meghalaya. Final report. Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun.
- Williams A.C., Johansingh A.J.T. and Krausman P.R. (2001). Elephant–human conflicts in Rajaji National Park, north–western India. Wildlife Soc. Bull., 29: 1097–1104.
Abstract Views: 377
PDF Views: 0