Infrastructure for Smart City through a Secured Intelligent Structure for IoT Interoperability
Core Infrastructure, Distributed Infrastructure, IoT Device Security, Secure Intelligent Structure for IoT Interoperability, Smart City.
Manuscript Received: December 11, 2019; Revised: December 29, 2019; Accepted: January 4, 2020. Date of Publication: February 5, 2020.
- A. Awais, P. Anand, M. M. Rathore, and C. Hangbae, "Smart cyber society: Integration of capillary devices with high usability based on cyber-physical system," Future Gener. Comput. Syst., vol. 56, pp. 493-503, 2016. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2015.08.004
- E. A. Nuaimi, H. A. Neyadi, N. Mohamed, and J. AlJaroodi, "Applications of big data to smart cities," J. of Internet Serv. Appl., vol. 26, no. 25, 2015. https://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s13174-015-0041-5
- V.Albino, U.Berardi, and U.Dangelico, "Smart cities: definitions, dimensions, performance, and initiatives," J. Urban Technol., vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 3-21, 2015. https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10630732.2014.942092
- A.Al-Fuqaha, A.Guizani, M.Mohammadi, M.Aledhari, and M.Ayyash, "Internet of things: A survey on enabling technologies, protocols, and applications," IEEE Commun. Surv. Tutor., vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 23472376, 2015. https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/COMST.2015.2444095
- R. E. Barone, T. Giuffrẽ, S. M. Siniscalchi, M.A.Morgano, and G.Tesoriere, "Architecture for parking management in smart cities," IET Intell. Transp. Syst., vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 445-452, 2014. https://dx.doi.org/10.1049/ietits.2013.0045
- J. Bertot, E. Estevez, and T. Janowski, "Universal and contextualized public services: Digital Public Service Innovation Framework," Government Inform. Quart., vol 33, no. 2, pp. 211-222, 2016. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.giq.2016.05.004
- J. Bughin, M. Chui, and J. Manyika, "Clouds, big data, and smart assets: Ten tech enabled bus. trends to watch," McKinsey Quart., vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 75-86, (Aug, 1-14), 2010.
- V. Chang, H. Mills, and S. Newhouse, "From open source to long-term sustainability: Review of business models and case studies," Proc. of the UK e-Science All Hands Meeting 2007, University of Edinburgh/University of Glasgow (2007) (Acting through the NeSC), 2007.
- V. Chang, "An overview, examples, and impacts offered by emerging services and analytics in cloud computing virtual reality," Neural Comput. & Applic., vol. 29, no . 5, pp. 1243-1256. 2018, https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00521-017-3000-1
- ] T. Y. Chung, I. Mashal, O. Alsaryrah, C. H. Chang, T. H. Hsu, P. S. Li, and W. H. Kuo, "MUL-SWoT: A social web of things platform for internet of things application development," 2014 IEEE Int. Conf. on Internet of Things (iThings), and IEEE Green Computing and Commun. (GreenCom) and IEEE Cyber, Physical and Social Computing (CPSCom), Taipei, pp. 296-299, 2014.
- B. Farahani, F. Firouzi, V. Chang, M. Badaroglu, N. Constant, and K. Mankodiya, "Towards fog-driven IoTeHealth: Promises and challenges of IoT in medicine and healthcare," Futur.Gener. Comput. Syst., vol. 78, pp. 659-676, 2018.
- R. Giffinger, C. Fertne, H. Kramar, R. Kalasek, N. Pichler-Milanovic., and E. Meijers, "Smart Cities: Ranking of European Medium-Sized Cities," Centre of Regional Sci. (SRF), Vienna University of Technol., Vienna, Austria, 2007.
- Government of India,"Smart cities mission statement and guidelines." Ministry of Urban Develop.," 2015. [Online]. Available: http://smartcities.gov.in/content/innerpage/guidelines.php
- G. Dominique et al., "Towards physical mashups in the web of things Networked Sensing Systems (INSS)," 2009 Sixth Int. Conf. on, IEEE (2009). In Proc. of the 2017 ACM Int. Joint Conf. on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Proc. of the 2017 ACM Int. Symp. on Wearable Comput. (UbiComp '17). Assoc. for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, pp. 397-402, 2009. https://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3123024.3124411
- V. Gurbaxani, and S. Whang "The impact of information systems on organizations nd markets," Commun ACM 34, 1, January 1991, pp. 59-73. Doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1145/99977.99990
- R. Harmon, E. Castro-Leon, and S. Bhide, "Smart cities and the internet of things," In: Proc. of PICMET '15: Manage. of the Technol. Age," 2-6 August, Portland, OR, pp. 485-494, 2015.
- C. Harrison, B. Eckman, R. Hamilton, P. Hartswick, J. Kalagnanam, and J. Paraszczak, "Foundations for smarter cities," IBM J. of Res. and Develop., vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 1-16, 2010. https://dx.doi.org/10.1147/JRD.2010.2048257
- I. A. T. Hashem, I. Yaqoob, N. B. Anuar, S. Mokhtar, A. Gani, and S. U. Khan, "The rise of "big data" on cloud computing: review and open research issues," Inf. Syst., vol. 47, pp. 98-115, 2015. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.is.2014.07.006
- H. Haarstad and M. W. Wathne, "Are smart city projects catalyzing urban energy sustainability?" Energy Policy, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 918-925, 2019. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2019.03.001
- S. M. R. Islam, D. Kwak, M. H. Kabir, M. Hossain, and K.-S.Kwak,"The internet of things for health care: a comprehensive survey," IEEE Access, vol. 3, pp. 678708, 2015.
- J. Jin, J. Gubbi, S. Marusic, and M. Palaniswami, "An information framework for creating a smart city through internet of things," IEEE Internet Things J., vol. 1 no. 2, pp. 112-121, 2014. https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/JIOT.2013.2296516
- M. Khan, S. Din, S. Jabbar, M. Gohar, H. Ghayvat, and S.C.Mukhopadhyay, "Context-aware low power intelligent smart-home based on the Internet of Things," Comput. Electr. Eng., vol. 52, pp. 208-222, 2016. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2016.04.014
- M. Khan, B. N. Silva, and K. Han, "Internet of things based energy aware smart home control system," IEEE Access, vol. 4, pp. 7556-7566, 2016.
- N. Komninos, "Intelligent cities: Innovation, knowledge systems, and digital spaces," 2002. London: Routledge.
- G. Kuk and M. Janssen, "The business models and information architectures of smart cities," J. Urban Technol., vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 39-52, 2011. https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10630732.2011.601109
- J. H. Lee, M. G. Hancock, and M. C. Hu, "Towards an effective framework for building smart cities: Lessons from Seoul and San Francisco," Technol. Forecast. Soc. Chang., vol. 89, pp. 80-99, 2014. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2013.08.033
- C. S. Li, F. Darema, and V. Chang,"Distributed behavior model orchestration in cognitive internet of things solution," Enterp. Inf. Syst., vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 414-434, 2017. https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17517575.2017.1355984
- C. Manville, G. Cochrane, J. Cave, J. Millard, J. K.Pederson, R. K.Thaarup, and B. Kotterink, "Mapping Smart Cities in the EU," 2014.
- B. Mattoni, F. Gugliermetti, and F. Bisegna, "A multilevel method to assess and design the renovation and integration of smart cities," Sustain. Cities and Soc., 15, pp. 105-119, 2015. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2013.12.010
- N. Huansheng and W. Ziou, "Future internet of things architecture: like mankind neural system or social organization framework?," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 461-463, 2011.
- R. Novotny, J. Kadlec and R. Kuchta, "Smart city concept, applications and services," J. Telecommun. Syst. Manag., vol. 3, no. 2, 2014. https://dx.doi.org/10.4172/21670919.1000117
- G. Piro, I. Cianci, L. Grieco, G. Boggia, and P. Camarda, "Information centric services in smart cities," J. Syst. Softw., vol. 88, pp. 169-188, 2014. Doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2013.10.029
- S. Praharaj, J. H. Han, and S. Hawken, "Urban innovation through policy integration: Critical perspectives from 100 smart cities mission in India," City, Culture and Soc., vol. 12, pp. 35-43, 2018. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ccs.2017.06.004
- S. Praharaj, J. H. Han, and S. Hawken, "Towards the right model of smart city governance in India," Int. J. of Sustainable Develop. and Planning, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 171-186, 2018. https://dx.doi.org/10.2495/SDP-V13N2-171-186
- S. Praharaj, J. Han, and S. Hawken, "Evolving a locally appropriate indicator system for benchmarking sustainable smart cities in India," Sustainable Develop. Res. in the Asia-Pacific Region, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 253274, 2018. https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-31973293-0_15
- M. M. U. Rathore, A. Paul, A. Ahmad, B. Chen, B. Huang, and W. Ji, "Real-time big data analytical architecture for remote sensing application," in IEEE J. of Select. Topics in Appl. Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 4610-4621, October 2015. https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/JSTARS.2015.2424683
- M. A. Razzaque, M. Milojevic-Jevric, A. Palade, and S. Clarke, "Middleware for internet of things: A survey," IEEE Internet Things J., vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 70-95, 2016. https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/JIOT.2015.2498900
- J. Rice, and N. Martin, "Smart infrastructure technologies: Crowdsourcing future development and benefits for Australian communities," Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 2018. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2018.03.027
- F. Sa, A. Rocha, and M. P. Cota, "From the quality of traditional services to the quality of local e-government online services: A literature review," Gov. Inf. Quart., vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 149-160, 2016. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.giq.2015.07.004
- S. Praharaj and H. Han,"Cutting through the clutter of smart city definitions: A reading into the smart city perceptions in India," City, Culture and Soc., vol. 18, September 2019. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ccs.2019.05.005
- R. Slater and R. Khandelwal, "Report on case studies of smart cities Int. benchmark," ICF Int., 2016.
- Southampton City Council, Smart cities card, 2015. [Online]. Available: https://www.southampton.gov.uk/roadsparking/travel/smartcities-card/
- S. Uppoor, O. Trullols-Cruces, M. Fiore, and J. M. Barcelo-Ordinas, "Generation and analysis of a largescale urban vehicular mobility dataset," IEEE Trans Mob. Comput., vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1061-1075, 2014.
- O. Vermesan, and P. Friess, "Internet of Things From research and innovation to market deployment, Chapter 4. River Publishers, Aalborg., pp. 56, 2014. [Online]. Available: http://www.internet-of-thingsresearch.eu/pdf/IERC_Cluster_Book_2014_Ch.3_SRI A_WEB.pdf
- T. Yigitcanlar, "Smart cities: An effective urban development and management model?"Australian Planner, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 27-34, 2015. Doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07293682.2015.1019752
- T. Yigitcanlar, K. O'Connor, and C. Westerman, "The making of knowledge cities: Melbourne's knowledge-based urban development experience," Cities, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 63-72, 2008.[Online]. Available: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2008.01.001
- Z. Allama and Z. A. Dhunny, "On big data, artificial intelligence and smart cities," Cities, vol. 89, pp. 80-91, 2019. [Online]. Available: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2019.01.032
- A. Zanella, N. Bui, A. Castellani, L. Vangelista, and M. Zorzi, "Internet of things for smart cities," IEEE Internet Things J., vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 22-32, 2014.
- I.Zubizarreta, A. Seravalli, and S. Arrizabalaga, "Smart city concept: What it is and what it should be," J. Urban Plan. Dev., vol. 142, no. 1, 2015. Doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)UP.1943-5444.0000282
- A.Martinez-Balleste, P. A. Pérez-Martínez, and A.Solanas, "The pursuit of citizens' privacy: A privacyaware smart city is possible," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 136-141, 2013. https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2013.6525606
- J. Gubbi, R. Buyya, S. Marusic, and M. Palaniswami, "Internet of Things (IoT): A vision, architectural elements, and future directions," Future Gener. Comput. Syst., vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 1645-1660, 2013. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2013.01.010
- M. I. Ali, N. Ono, M. Kaysar, Z. Shamszaman, T. Pham, F. Gao, K. Griffin, and A. Mileo, "Real-time data analytics and event detection for IoT-enabled communication systems," Web Semantics: Sci., Services and Agents on the World Wide. Web 42, pp. 19-37, 2016.
Abstract Views: 44
PDF Views: 1