Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Impact of Corporate Branding Strategy on the Consumer Loyalty: An Empirical Investigation
Branding strategy is activity performed by the companies to manage their portfolio, so that they could be visible, differentiated, and preferred in the market. Companies have many options regarding branding strategy; they canuse name of their company, give independent name, or mixed of both for branding their offerings. The objective of this study is to assess the impact of branding strategy on the consumer loyalty. It has been found that devise corporate branding strategy does not directly leads to consumer loyalty, rather it enhances corporate image and positive corporate image leads to corporate loyalty which finally results to brand loyalty.
Branding Strategy, Corporate Branding Strategy, Corporate Image, Corporate Loyalty.
- Aaker D. A., & Joachimsthaler, E. A. (2000).The brand spectrum - The key to the brand architecture challenge. California Management review, 42(4), 8 - 23.
- Andreassen, T.W., & Lindestad, B. (1998).Customer loyalty and complex services. International Journal of Service Industry Management, 9(1), 7-23.
- Balmer, J.M.T. (1998). Corporate Identity and the Advent of Corporate Marketing. Journal of Marketing Management, 14 (8), 963-996.
- Balmer, J.M.T., & Gray, E.R. (2003). Corporate brands: what are they? What of them? European Journal of Marketing, 37(7/8), 972-997.
- Bernstein, D. (1984). Company Image and reality: A critique of corporate communications. Eastbourne, Holt, Rienehart & Winston Ltd.
- Bhattacharya, C.B., & Sen, S. (2003). Consumercompany identification: a framework for understanding consumers' relationships with companies. Journal of Marketing, 67( 2), 76-89.
- Boulding, K.E. (1956). The Image: Knowledge in Life and Society. Ann Harbour, University of Mitchigan Press, 175.
- Chaudhuri, A., & Holbrook, M.B. (2001).The chain of effects from brand trust and brand affect to brand performance: The role of brand loyalty. Journal of Marketing, 65(2), 81-93.
- Chin, W.W., & Todd, P.A. (1995). On the use, usefulness, and Ease of use of Structural Equation Modelling in MIS Research: A note of caution. MIS Quarterly, 19(2), 237-246.
- Cronbach, L.J. (1951). Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests. Psychometrika, 16, 297-334.
- deChernatony, L. (2001). From brand vision to brand evaluation, Butterworth and Heinemann, Oxford.
- Dick, A.S., & Basu, K. (1994).Consumer loyalty: Toward an integrated conceptual framework. Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, 22 (2), 99-113.
- Gregory, J.R., & Wiechmann, J.G. (1999). Marketing Corporate Image, NTC Business Books, New York, NY.
- Hair, J.F., Anderson, Jr. R.E., Tatham, R.L., & Black, W.C. (1995). Multivariate Data Analysis With Readings. 4th ed. Englewoos Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall
- Hatch, M.J., & Schultz, M. (2003). Bringing the corporation into corporate branding. European Journal of Marketing, 37(7/8), 1041-63.
- Jacoby, J., & Kyner, D.B. (1973). Brand loyalty vs. repeat purchasing behavior. Journal of Marketing Research, 10(1), 1-9.
- Joreskog, K.G., & Sorbom, D. (1989). LISREL 7: A Guide tothe Program and Application.2nd ed. Chicago: SPSS Inc.
- Kapferer, J. (1992). Strategic Brand Management: Creating and Sustaining Brand Equity Long Term. 2nd ed.Kogan Page, Dover, NH.
- Kapferer, J. (1997). Strategic Brand Management: Creating and Sustaining Brand Equity Long Term, 2nd ed., Kogan Page, Dover, NH.
- Kapferer, J-N. (l992). Strategic brand management. London, Kogan Page
- Kapferer, J-N. (l995). Stealing brand equity: measuring perceptual confusion between national brands and 'copycat' own labels. Marketing and Research Today, 96-103.
- Keller, K.L. (2003). Strategic Brand Management: Building, Measuring, and Managing Brand Equity. PHI 2nded. New Delhi.
- Keller, K.L. (1993). Conceptualizing, measuring and managing customer-based brand equity. Journal of Marketing, 57, 1-22.
- Laforet, S., & Saunders, J.A. (1994). Managing brand portfolios: How the leaders do it. Journal of Advertising Research, 64-76.
- Morgan, R.P. (1999). A consumer-oriented framework of brand equity and loyalty. Journal of the Market Research Society, 42(1), 65-78.
- Murphy, J. (1989). Brand valuation: Establishing a true and fair view. London: Hutchinson Business Books.
- Newman, J.W. (1957). Motivation Research and Marketing Management. Norwood, The Plimpton PressOlins, W. (1989). Corporate Identity: Making Business Strategy Visible Through Design. London: Thames and Hudson.
- Sekaran, U. (2003). Research Methods for Business: a skill Building Approach, 4th edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Shapiro, C. (1982). Consumer information, product quality, and seller reputation. The Bell Journal of Economics, 13(1), 20-35.
- Shukla, P. (2009). Impact of contextual factors, brand loyalty and brand switching on purchase decisions. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 26(5), 348-357.
- Singh, B.G. (2011). Branding strategy of Indian companies for global competitiveness. Research Journal of Arts, Management, & Social Sciences, 4, 20-35.
- Souiden, N., Kassim, N.M., & Kong, H-J. (2006). The effects of corporate branding dimensions on consumers' product evaluation: a cross-cultural analysis. European Journal of Marketing, 40(7/8), 825-45.
- Urde, M. (2003).Core value-based corporate brand building. European Journal of Marketing, 37 (7/8), 1017-39.
Abstract Views: 215
PDF Views: 3