Open Access Subscription Access
Options for Monitoring of Spaces Publicly Inaccessible in the Context of Protection of Personal Data and Personal Rights
The submitted article devotes to the protection of personal data, the protection of personal rights in connection to the use of monitoring devices – camera systems. It analyses legal regulation valid and effective up to 25.5.2018, namely the selected parts, which are assessed in view of suitability and sufficient protection of personal data of data subjects. Several of its parts are subject to scrutiny. Subsequently, the attention is given to the legal regulation effective from 25.5.2018, which is a response to the adoption of a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on protection of personal data of natural persons. Even though the original regulation is subjected to a relatively strong criticism, this new regulation does not contain even those guarantees, which are contained by the still effective act. Within this context, the conclusion contains the formulated specific recommendations and proposals to a significantly more effective protection of personal data of data subjects with regard to the used monitoring devices – camera systems.
Monitoring Devices, Options For Monitoring Of Publicly Inaccessible Spaces, Options of Using the Information Obtained.
- Centes, J. et al.: Criminal Code. Large comment. IIIrd updated release. Bratislava: EUROKODEX, 2016.
- Ivor, J.: Monitorovanie obydlia kamerovym systemom a jeho vyuzitie na úcely trestneho konania. In Zborník príspevkov z medzinárodnej vedeckej konferencie ,,Teoreticke a prakticke problemy vyuzívania informačno-technických prostriedkov, FP PEVŠ, Bratislava, 2017.
- Ivor J.: Monitorovanie osob ako dokazny prostriedok v trestnom konaní In: Ochrana osobných údajov: zborník z celostatneho seminára s medzinárodnou účasťou, Akadémia Policajného zboru, Bratislava, 2007.
- Lazar J. et al.: Substantive civil law 1st and 2nd volume. Bratislava: IURIS LIBRI, 2014.
- Siman, M., Slastan, M.: Primárne prsvo EÚ. Bratislava: EUROIURIS, 2012.
- The Constitution of the Slovak Republic No. 460/1992 Coll., as amended by constitutional laws.
- The European Convention for the protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms as amended by additional protocols.
- Civil Code No. 40/1963 Coll. as amended
- Full wording of the Act on protection of personal data No. 136/2014 Coll.
- The Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on protection of personal data and on amendments to certain acts, as amended.
- Methodical guidance of the Office for the protection of personal data No. 5/2016 named “Monitoring of premises inaccessible to public”.
- Jtk 10/2012.
Abstract Views: 80
PDF Views: 16