Open Access Subscription Access
An Empirical Study on Awareness and Satisfaction of Gmail Users in Coimbatore City
Electronic mail, most commonly referred to as email or e-mail since 1993, is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Though there are so many email service providers in the world, Gmail has unique set of features and it is the leading email service provider at the moment in the world with huge market share. The present study primarily aims to analyse the awareness and satisfaction level of gmail users. Besides the reasons for using gmail service and switching over from previous mail services and problems faced by the gmail users were also analysed. Non-probability convenience sampling method has been used for selecting the sample respondents. Results revealed that majority of the respondents are highly aware (80%) and also highly satisfied (70%) with the gmail service. ‘Speed’ is considered as the main factor for preferring gmail service whereas 'operational difficulties’ is identified as the major problem in accessing gmail service.
Awareness, Email, Gmail, Independent Variables, Satisfaction, Service Provider.
- Available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gmail, retrieved on 5th February, 2015
- Available: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/slideshow/9-hidden-gmail-features-you-must-know/itslideshowviewall/43438021.cms, retrieved on 5th February, 2015
- Available: https://www.gmail.com/intl/en_us/mail/help/about.html/features.html, retrieved on 2nd February, 2015
- Kothari, C.R. "Research Methodology". Revised 2nd ed. New Delhi: Wishwa Prakashan, 2004. p.187–220.
- Gupta. "Statistical Methods". New Delhi: Sultan Chand and Sons, 2007. p. 255–350.
Abstract Views: 359
PDF Views: 249