Open Access Subscription Access
An Analysis of Organisational Role Stress Among Employees of IT Companies in Bangalore
Long-term productivity of a company relies on its diligent human resources. But the diligence beyond a limit pressurises the performer. So, strainful careers though lucrative are not without their negative outcomes such as, unpleasant state of mind, physical and emotional imbalance and threat to the well being of the performers. Hence, an analysis has been made in this paper to identify the role stress  and the sources/causes of the same among employees working in the IT companies in Bangalore city. The study has divulged the fact that the role stress  acquainted by the employees is not identical but diverse, which affirms the findings of Srivastav .
IT Companies, Organisational Role Stress, Role Stress, Stress, Work Stress.
- Srivastav A.K., Heterogeneity of role stress, research and practice in human resource management, vol. 18(1), pp. 16-27, 2010. Available: www.rphrm.curtin.edu.au
- Pareek U., Organisational role stress, L.D. Goodstein, J.W. Pfeiffer (Eds.), The 1983 Annual, San Diego, CA: University Associates, pp. 115-123, 1983.
- Beehr T.A., Work-role stress and attitude towards co-workers-group and organisation management, vol. 6(2) pp. 201-210, 1981, DOI: 10.1177/105960118100600206.
- Ahmed S., Bharadwaj A., Narula S., "A study of stress among executives", J Pers Clin Stud, vol. 1(2), pp. 47-50, 1985.
- Pestonjee, D.M., A study of role stresses in top and middle management, 1988 May, WP1988-05-01-00825. Available: ideas.repec.org/p/iim/iimawp/wp00825.html
- Satyanarayana K., "Stressors among executives and supervisors: a comparative study in a public sector undertaking", Osmania Journal of Psychology., vol. 19(2), pp. 1-9, 1995.
- Lehal R., Singh S., "Organisational role stress among college teachers of Patiala District: a comparative study of government and private colleges", RIMT Journal of Strategic Management and Information Technology., vol. 2(1,2), pp. 24-30, 2005 Jan-Jun.
- Yasmeen H., Supriya M.V, "Organisational role stress: confirmatory factor analysis approach", Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, Asia-Pacific Business review, vol. 4(2), pp. 29-33, 2008 Apr-Jun.
- Bhatt S., Pathak P., "Occupational stress among IT/ITES professionals in leading Metros in India: a case study", Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, Asia-Pacific Business Review, vol. 6(3), pp. 165-177, 2010 Jul-Sep.
Abstract Views: 398
PDF Views: 411