Open Access Subscription Access
A Study on Women’s Online Purchasing Behaviour in Erode
With the advent of internet technology, a new evolution has emerged and turned the nature of purchasing behaviour of people significantly. The internet is a magic tool that aids online shopping. Previously, women had a setback in purchasing online, but the situation is now changing from offline shopping to online shopping. The present study was conducted among 200 female respondents in Erode with the aim of identifying the spending pattern and factors influencing respondents’ online purchasing behaviour. The data were collected through a well-framed questionnaire with Google forms. The statistical tools namely chi-square analysis, weighted average score analysis and Garrett Ranking method were used for analyzing the data. The present study indicated that the profile variables namely age, residential area, occupation, monthly income, and marital status had significantly associated with the spending level of the respondents. ‘Discounts and offers’ was ranked as the primary preference factor towards online purchasing behavior. The study concluded that online retailers should give guarantees about the security of personal information of their customers so that they might continue online purchasing in the future.
Digital Payment, E-retailers, Online Purchasing Behaviour and Spending Level
- Mohammad Anisur Rahman, Md. Aminul Islam, Bushra Humyra Esha, Nahida Sultana and Sujan Chakravorty. Consumer buying behavior towards online shopping: An empirical study on Dhaka city, Bangladesh. Cogent Business and Management. 2018; 5(1):1-22. https://doi.org/10.1080/23311975.2018.1514940
- Anurag Pandey and Jitesh Parmar. Factors affecting consumer’s online shopping buying behavior. Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Digital Strategies for Organizational Success. 2019. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3308689
- Manorama Devi, Leena Das and Moonty Baruah. Inclination towards online shopping - A changing trend among the consumers. Journal of Economics, Management and Trade. 2019; 25(2):1-11. https://doi.org/10.9734/jemt/2019/v25i230190
- Karthick K and Gowtham Aashrivad. A study on online shopping behaviour of customers in Chennai. Malaya Journal of Matematik. 2020; 5(2):756-759.
- Bhagyasree J Da and Venugopal JS. Study on the impact of online shopping on consumer’s buying behavior. Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education (TURCOMAT). 2021; 12(12):2843-2851.
- Daroch B, Nagrath G and Gupta A. A study on factors limiting online shopping behaviour of consumers. Rajagiri Management Journal. 2021; 15(1):39-52. https://doi.org/10.1108/RAMJ-07-2020-0038
Abstract Views: 95
PDF Views: 49