Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Screening of NewCyclic Imides
The Cyclic imides and their Derivatives have been attracted significantly more attention of organic and medicinal chemists due to their antimicrobial activities. The derivatives of six member cyclic imides were synthesized by the action of glutaric anhydride with different substituted aromatic amines to obtained 4-(N-phenylcarbamoyl) butanoic acid. These intermediates undergo ring closer with acetyl chloride furnished six member cyclic imides derivatives. All these derivatives were screened for their antimicrobial activities.
Six Member Cyclic Imides, Glutarimide, 4-(N-Phenylcarbamoyl) Butanoic Acid, N-Phenyl.
- Arun Kumar, Vinita Gupta, Sanchita Singh, Y.K. Gupta. “Synthesis of Some Chalconeand Their Heterocyclic Derivatives as Potential Antimicrobial Agents: A Review”. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry, Vol. 10, No 02, pp 1155-1158, 2017.
- Zhang L, Hai GF, Tan Y, Xi Z, Huang MZ and Yang GF. Bioactive conformation analysis of cyclic imides as protoporphyrinogen oxidase inhibitor. Bioorg Med Chem. 2009; 17:4935-4942.
- Yogesh Kumar Gupta, Vinita Gupta, Sanchita Singh “Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial activity of Pyrimidine based derivatives”. Journal of Pharmacy Research, (Elsevier) Vol. 07, No. 06, pp 491-495, 2013.
- Sondhi SM, Rani R, Roy P, Agrawal SK and Saxena AK. Microwave-assisted synthesis of N-substituted cyclic imides and their evaluation for anticancer and anti-inflammatory activities. Bioorg MedChem Lett. 2009; 19:1534-1538.
- Wang J, Zhang L, Yang GF and Zhan CG. Quantitative structure-activity relationship for cyclic imide derivatives of protoprophyrinogen oxidase inhibitors. J ChemInf Comp Sci. 2004; 44:2099-2105.
- Arun Kumar, Vinita Gupta, Sanchita Singh, Y.K. Gupta. “Synthesis and Physico Chemical Studies of Some Chalcone and Their Derivatives as Potential Antimicrobial Agents.”Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology (RJPT) Vol. 10, Issue 04, pp178-183, 2017.
- Michalska D., Morzyk B., Bienko D.C., Wojciechowski W., Medical Hypotheses, 2000, 54(3): 472–474.
- Youngchul Lee, Ho Woong Choi, In-Joo Chin, Won H.Y. and Kim Y. S., Korea Polymer Journal, 1995, 3(2): 76-81
- Legay R., Roussel J. and Boutevin B., European Polymer Journal, 2000, 36(7): 1365-1371
- Rosana N. S. Peixoto, Giselle M. S. P. Guilhon et al., Molecules, 2013, 18: 3195-3205.
- Nicholson G. M., Spence I. and Johnston G. A. R., Elsevier, Neuropharmacology, 1985, 24(6): 461- 464
- Y.K.Gupta, Vinita Gupta, Sanchita Singh. “Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity of some 4-Thiazolidinones derivatives”. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry, Vol. 05, No 9, pp 1155-1158, 2012.
- Prado S. R. T., Cechinel-Filho V., Campos-Buzzi F., Correa R., Cadena S.M.S. and Martinelli de Oliveira M. B., Z. Naturforsch, 2004, 59c: 663- 672.
- Y.K.Gupta, S.C.Agarwal, Dilip Sharma “Synthesis and biological activities of 2-Methyl-4-N-2-cyanoethyl-N-substituted benzaldehydes and their derivatives”, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry, Vol. 5, No 2, pp 245-247, 2012.
- Mederski W.W.K.R., Baumgarth M., Germann M., KuxD.andWeitzel T., Tetrahedron Letters, 2003, 44(10), 2133-2136.
- Lee M. J., Kim S. C. and Kim J. N., Bull Korean ChemSoc, 2006, 27(1), 140-142
- Popovic-Dordevic J. B., Ivanovic M. D. and Kiricojevic V. D., Tetrahedron Letters, 2005, 46(15):2611-2614
- Rajput S. S., International Journal of Advances in Pharmacy, Biology and Chemistry, 2012, 1(2), 242-246
- Kumar R., Jain S., Jain N. and Singh M., ActaPharmaceuticalSciencia, 2008, 50: 183-188Y.
- K.Gupta, S.C.Agarwal, "Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of new 4-thiazolidinone derivatives containing 2-amino-6-ethoxybenzothiazole", Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry, Vol. 4, No 12, pp 1245-1252, 2011.
- Brian S. Furniss, Antony J. Hannaford, Peter W. G. Smith and Austin R. Tatchell, Vogel’s Textbook of Practical Organic Chemistry, Longman Scientific and Technical, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 605 Third Avenue, New York, N Y 10158, 5th Edition, 1989: 1265-1266.
Abstract Views: 296
PDF Views: 0