Open Access Subscription Access
Young Consumers' Attitude towards On-line Advertising
The present paper deals with measuring the attitude of the young consumer towards on line advertising. Online advertising is gaining momentum in India with consumers increasingly noticing and affecting from it. The study was conducted in Delhi using a structured non-disguised questionnaire for the age group of 18-25 years. Data were analyzed with the help of SPSS and one sample t-test was used as a test of significance. It was revealed in the study that people have positive attitude towards online advertising. However, they expressed their cautious attitude towards disturbing and imposing nature of online advertising. They also expressed their concerns towards trustworthiness of the online advertising.
Online Advertising, Attitude, Internet.
- Bakos, JY (1997). Reducing Buyer Search Costs: Implication for Electronic Marketplaces. Management Science. Vol 43, No 16
- Chowdury Cotte, J, , Ratneshar, TG, S & Ricci, LM (2006) , Pleasure or Utility? Time Planning Style and Web Usage Beahviours. Journal of Interactive Marketing. Vol 20, No 1
- Dholakia, Utpal, & Richard P. Bagozzi. (2001). Consumer behaviour in digital environments.
- Gay Richard, Charlesworth Alan & Esen Rita (2010) On-line Marketing: A Customer Led Approach. Oxford University Press.
- Jayawardhena, C., Souchon, A. L., Farrell, A. M. & Glanville, K. (2007). Outcomes of Service Encounter Quality in a Business-to-Business Context. Industrial Marketing Management. Vol. 36, No 5.
- Kierzkowski, Alexa , Mcquade Shayne, Waitman , Robert, and Zeisser, Michael (1996), "Current Research: Marketing to the Digital Consumer", The McKinsey Quarterly, 1996 Number 2.
- Kleinrock, L. (1961). Information Flow in Large Communication Nets. RLE Quarterly Progress Report. Licklider J.C.R.(1960). Man-Computer Symbiosis. (HFE-1) IRE TRANSACTIONS ON HUMAN FACTORS IN ELECTRONICS 4-11 at http:// groups.csail.mit.edu/medg/people/psz/Licklider.html;
- Licklider, J.C.R. & Clark W. E. (1962). On-line mancomputer communication. Proceedings of the Spring Joint Computer Conference, AFIPS JOINT COMPUTER CONFERENCES. Retrieved from http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1460847; accessed on December 23, 2014.
- Licklider, J.C.R. & Taylor, R.W.(1968). The Computer as a Communication Device. Science and Technology. Retrieved from http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/lectures/taylor/licklidertaylor.pdf. Accessed at December 27, 2014
- Leiner, B. M., Cerf, V. G., Clark, D. D., Kahn, R. E., Kleinrock, L., Lynch, D. C., & Wolff, S. (2009). A brief history of the Internet. ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, 39(5), 22-31.
- Medoff, N. J. (2000). Just a click away: Advertising on the Internet. Allyn & Bacon, Inc..
- Okin, J. R. (2005). The technology revolution: the not-for-dummies guide to the impact, perils, and promise of the Internet. Ironbound Press.
- O'Reilly, T. (2007). The First Decade of Internet Advertising. Retrieved from http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/2007/03/07/ the_first_decad.html. accessed at 29th December, 2014.
- Pannu, P., Tomar, Y.K. (2010). ICT4D Information Communication Technology for Development. I.K. International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Ratliff, J. D., & Rubinfeld, D. L. (2010). Online advertising: Defining relevant markets. Journal of Competition Law and Economics, 6(3).
- Sople, Vinod V. (2011) E-Marketing: Text & Cases. Biztantra Publication Pvt Ltd. New Delhi.
- World Wide Web Consortium. (1999). HTML 4.01 specification. Retrieved from http://www.w3.org/ History.html accessed at December, 28 2014.
- 'Research and Markets: India Digital Advertising Spend in India Databook Q2 2014 Featuring Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Facebook, YouTube & Twitter, Business Wire'. Retrieved from http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w4ww2f/ databook_q2_2014 accessed on December 21, 2014.
- 'India Online Advertising Market Outlook – Rise in Internet Users and Wide Reach to Drive Growth'. Netscribes, Inc. Report, 2014. Retrieved from http:/ /www.pr.com/press-release/585931 accessed on December 21, 2014.
Abstract Views: 182
PDF Views: 29