Consumer Perception on Online Banking : An Analytical Study
Internet banking is concerned with online inquiry or banking transactions without any reference to the branch anywhere at any time. Online banking system can have some issues such as environmental instability, user's competence, security, trust, and privacy. These have all been cited as factors contributing to consumers' apprehensiveness toward internet use. In India, almost all banking businesses are controlled by Public Sector Banks (PSBs). Public Sector Banks are still dominating the commercial banking system. Now with the beginning of wellcomputerized foreign banks, there is a stiff competition for the nationalized banks. The proposed study is an attempt to address the security issues of online banking transactions and consumer perception about the internet banking operations.
- Aladwani, A. (2003) Key Internet Characteristics and E-commerce Issues in Arab Countries, Information Technology & People, 16, 1.
- Ali, Sadia Samar & Bharadwaj, R.K. (2010), "Factor analysis approach of decision making in Indian e banking: a value adding consumer's perspective", http://inderscience.metapress.com/app/home/ contribution.asp?referrer=parent&backto=issue,2 ,6;journal,3,18;linkingpublicationresults,1:120361.
- Al-Hajri,S. and Tatnall,A. (2008), "Technological innovation and the adoption of internet banking in Oman", The electronic journal of virtual organizations and networks, Vol.10, "Special issue on living labs".
- Brige,A. and Riga, (2006) "Building relationship with customers by using technological solutions in commercial banks of Latvia", Baltic Journal of Management, Vol. 1, No. 1
- Cegala, D.J., Savage, G.T., Brunner, C.C. and Conrad, Christopher GC, Mike LV, Amy W (2006). "A log it Analysis of Electronic Banking in New Zealand". Int. J. Bank
- Market, 24.A.B. (1982), "An elaboration of the meaning of interaction involvement: toward the development of a theoretical concept", Communication Monographs, Vol. 49.
- Comscore Inc., 1 in 4 Internet Users Access Banking Sites Globally, in: comscore Data Mine, comscore, Inc., http://www.comscoredatamine.com/2012/06/1in-4-internet-users-access-banking-sites-globally/, 2012
- Curran J.M., M.L. Meuter, (2005), "Self-service technology adoption: comparing three technologies", Journal of Services Marketing, 19.
- Gefen D., E. Karahanna, D.W. Straub, (2003), "Trust and TAM in online shopping: An integrated model", MIS Quarterly, 27.
- Gopi, M., and T. Ramayah (2007)., "Applicability of theory of planned behaviour in predicting intention to trade on-line: some evidence from a developing country", Malaysia International Journal of Emerging Markets. 2(4).
- McCroskey, J.C. (1977), "Oral communication apprehension: a summary of recent theory and research", Human Communication Research, Vol. 4.
- Pennington, R., Wilcox, H. D., & Grover, V. (2004), "The role of system trust in business-to-consumer transactions", Journal of Management Information Systems, 20(3).
- Pittayachawan, S., Singh, M., & Corbitt, B. (2008) "A multitheoretical approach for solving trust problems in B2C e-commerce", International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations, 5(3/4).
- Rotchanakitumnuai,S. and Speece,M. (2003) "Barriers of internet adoption: a Qualitative study among corporate customer in Thailand", International Journal of Bank Marketing,
- Sharma Bamoriya Prerna and Preeti Singh (2011), "Issues & Challenges in Mobile Banking In India: A Customers' Perspective", Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol 2, No 2.
- Singh Surabhi and Renu Arora, (2011), "A Comparative Study of Banking Services and CustomerSatisfaction in Public, Private and Foreign Banks", J Economics, 2(1)
- Susskind, A.M., Michael A. Stefanone, (2010), "Internet apprehensiveness An examination of on-line information seeking and purchasing behavior", Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, Vol. 1 No. 1.
- Susskind, A.M., Bonn, M.A. and Dev, C.S. (2003), "To look or book: an examination of consumer’s apprehensiveness toward internet use", Journal of Travel Research, Vol. 41 No. 3.
- Tan, M. and Teo, T. (2000) "Factors Influencing the Adoption of Internet Banking", Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 1, 5, pp 1-42.
- Uppal R. K. (2011), "Internet banking in India: Emerging risks and new Dimensions", Prime Journals Business Administration and Management (BAM), Vol. 1(3), pp. 73-81.
- Vyas P (2004), "Measurement of customer satisfaction on information technology adoption in banking services", Prestige Journal of Management and Research, 81(1-2) pp 8-16.
- Zeithaml, V.A. (2002), "Service excellence in electronic channels", Managing Service Quality, Vol. 12 No. 3.
- Zeithaml, V.A., Parasuraman, A. and Malhotra, A. (2002), "An empirical examination of the service quality-value-loyalty chain in an electronic channel", working paper, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC.
Abstract Views: 166
PDF Views: 35