Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Sensory Evaluation of Blended Nectar of Guava-Papaya
The experiment was carried out to evaluate effect of different blending proportions of the pulp of guava with papaya pulp. For this experiment, Completely Randomized Design (C.R.D.) was used. During the course of investigation, sensory qualities of blended nectar were analyzed of an interval of 60 days. All the treatments under study showed a remarkable variation with respect to sensory qualities of blended guava-papaya nectar during ambient storage condition. The blended nectar of commercial both the varieties could be stored with optimum sensory qualities by blending in different ratios. Blending the pulp of guava with the pulp of papaya, improve the overall acceptability of blended nectar. Treatment T2 (75:25) found most suitable for blending of guava and papaya nectar.
Blending, Design, Sensory, Storage, Overall Acceptability.
- Amerine, M.A., Pangborn, R.M. and Roessler, E.B. (1965). Principks of sensory evaluation of foods. Academic Press, New York, 602 pp.
- Baramanray, A., Gupta, O.P. and Dhawan, S.S. (1995). Evaluation of guava (Psidium guajava L.) hybrid for making nectar. Haryana J. Hort. Sci., 24:102-109.
- Bose, T.K., Mitra, S.K., Farooqui, A.A. and Sandhu, M.K. (1999). Tropical Horticulture 1st Ed. Nava Prokash Publication, Kolkata:297.
- Chan, H.T. and Cavaletto, C.G. (1982). Aseptically packaged papaya and guava puree: Changes in chemical and sensory quality during processing and storage. J. Food Sci., 47:1164-1169.
- Gowda, Doreyappa I.N. and Huddar, A.G. (2004) . Investigation on processing quality of some mango varieties, hybrids and their blends. J. Food Sci. Technol., 41:154-159.
- Harnanan, S.W., Bains, G.S. and Singh, K.K. (1980). Studies on the processing of the pink and white-fleshed guava varieties for pulp. Punjab Hort. J., 20:179-189.
- Jain, P. K. and Asati, V. K. (2004). Evaluation of guava cultivars for pulp preparation. J. Food Sci. Technol.,41(6):684-686.
- Patil, Megha, Kalse, S.B. and Jain, S.K. (2014). Sensory evaluation of biscuits supplemented with soy flour and jamun seed powder. Internat. J. Agric. Engg., 7(1) : 131-136.
- Rajendra, B.N., Kurubar, A.R., Anasubai, G.H. and Swamy, K.M. (2013). Influence of organic manures and inorganic fertilizers on vegetative development, yield, shelf-life traits and sensory evaluation score of acid lime (Citrus aurantifolia Christm.) cv. KAGZI, Asian J. Hort., 8(1):183-187.
- Reddy, A. Harshvardhan and Chikkasubganna, V. (2009). Sensory evaluation of amla wine. Asian J. Hort., 4 (2):557-558.
- Revathi, D. and Singh, Vinita (2012). Sensory evaluation of whey based pineapple beverage. Food Sci. Res. J., 3(2):229-231.
- Shelke, R.R., Kahate, P.A. and Talekar, R.U. (2014). Studies on sensory evaluation, chemical quality and cost structure of sweet yoghurt from cow milk blended with soymilk. Res. J. Animal Hus. & Dairy Sci., 5(2):74-78.
- Smitha, N.K., Sreeramu, B.S., S. Chikkur, Shrinivas, Parmeshwar, A.S. and Kantharaj, K. (2012). Standardization of processing technology and sensory evaluation of avacado squash blended with sapota and aloe. Internat. J. Proc. & Post Harvest Technol., 3 (1):94-97.
- Wall, M.M. (2006). Ascorbic acid, vitamin a and mineral composition of banana (Musa sp.) and papaya (Carica papaya) cultivars grown in Hawaii. J. Food Comp. Anal., 19:434-445.
Abstract Views: 115
PDF Views: 0