Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Studies on Formulation of RTS Beverage from the Blend of Pomegranate, Giloy and Wheatgrass Juice
Efforts have been made to prepare RTS beverage from the blend of pomegranate, giloy and wheatgrass juice and its physico-chemical properties and the mineral content were evaluated.The concentration of pomegrante juice was kept constant (10 %) and the addition of different levels of giloy and wheatgrass juice were done and based on the sensory evaluation from the semi trained panelists the final concentration of 5 per cent wheatgrass juice and 5 per cent of giloy juice were finalized. The prepared RTS beverage was analysed for moisture content, ash content, pH, acidity, carbohydrate, potein, fat content, TSS, mineral content. Microbial analysis like total plate count, yeast and mold and total coliform count were also done along with storage studies which were carried out for 60 days at refrigerated and ambient temperature.
RTS Beverage, Physio-Chemical Properties, Microbial Analysis, Storage Studies.
- Abdulkareem, S.A., Habibu, U. and Abdulfatai, J. (2011). Development and characterization of a carbonated ginger drink. Leonardo J. Sci.,18 : 45-54.
- Afreen, S.M.M.S., Premakumar, K. and Inthujaa, Y. (2016). Preparation of ready-to serve (RTS) beverage from carrot with sour-orange juices. Internat. J. Innovat. Res. Sci., Engg. & Technol., 5:1992-1998.
- Akbarpour, V., Hemmati, K. and Sharifani, M. (2009). Physical and chemical properties of pomegranate (Punica granatumL.) fruit in maturation stage.Am-Euras. J. Agric. Environ. Sci., 6 : 411–416.
- Awsi, J. and Dorcus, E.M. (2012). Development and quality evaluation of pineapple juice blend with carrot and orange juice. Internat. J. Scientific & Res. Public., 2(8):1-8.
- Bhardwaj, R.L. and Mukherjee, S. (2011). Effects of fruit juice blending ratios on kinnow juice preservation at ambient storage condition. African J. Food Sci., 5(5): 281-286.
- Bodla, Ramesh Babu and Mujoriya, Rajesh (2011).A study on wheat grass and its nutritional value, Food Science & Quality Management www.iiste.org ISSN 22246088 (Paper) ISSN 2225-0557 (Online) 2.
- Chauhan, D.K., Puranik, V. and Rai, G.K. (2012). Development of functional herbal RTS beverages. Open Access Scientific Reports, 1(12) : 1-5.
- Chauhan, M. (2014). A pilot study on wheat grass juice for its phytochemical, nutritional and therapeutic potential on chronic diseases. Internat. J. Chem. Stud., 2(4): 27-34.
- Deka, B.C. and Sethi, V. (2001). Preparation of mixed fruit juice spiced RTS beverages. Indian Food Packer, 42(3): 58-61
- Dhingra, R., Sullivan, L., Paul, F., Jacques, Thomas, J. Wang, Caroline, S. Fox, James, B. Meigs, Ralph, B. D’Agostino, Michael Gaziano and Ramachandran, S. Vasan (2009). Soft drink consumption and risk of developing cardiometabolic risk factors and the metabolic syndrome in middle-aged adults in the community. The American Heart Association, 480-488.
- FSSAI (2017). Food safety and standards authority of India.
- Gaikwad, K.K., Singh, S. and Shakya, B.R. (2013). Studies on the development and shelf -life of low calorie herbal aonlaginger RTS beverage by using artificial sweeteners. J. Food Process. Technol., 4 : 200. doi:10.4172/2157-7110.1000200.
- Grover, J.K., Vats, V., Rathi, S.S. and Dawar, R. (2001). Traditional Indian antidiabetic plants attenuate renal hypertrophy, urine volume and albuminuria in streptozotocininduced diabetic mice. J. Ethnopharmacol., 76: 233-238.
- Pandey, Manisha, Paul, Virginia, Singh, Pallavi and Ali, Zebish (2016). Evaluation of nutritional composition and antioxidant activity of herbal leaves. World J. Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sci., 5 (8):1396-1402.
- Patel, Payal D. (2012). Preservation technology for wheat grass juise, M.Sc. Thesis, College of Food Processing Technology and Bioenergy, Anand Agricultural University, Anand, Gujarat (India).
- Ranganna, S. (1986).Manual of analysis of fruit and vegetable products. Tata McGraw Hill PublishingCompanyLimited, New Delhi, India.
- Rowayshed, G., Salama, A., Abul-Fadl, M., Akila-Hamza, S. and Emad, A.M. (2013). Nutritional and chemical evaluation for pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) fruit peel and seeds powders by products. Middle East J. Appl. Sci., 3(4): 169-179.
- Sabahuddin, S., Taur, A.T., Sawate, A.R. and Kshirsagar, R.B. (2017). Effect of artificial sweetners on quality of herbal RTS beverage. Food Sci. Res. J., 8(2): 53-57.
- Sood, Sangita and Shilpa (2015). Assessment of storage stability of Tinospora cordifolia (Giloy) based squash, Internat. J. Innovat. Res. & Develop., ISSN 2278 – 0211.
- Srivastava, R.P. and Kumar, Sanjeev (2002). Fruit and vegetable preservation, principles and practices (Revised and Enlarged Third Edition).
Abstract Views: 187
PDF Views: 0