Understanding the Worldwide Paths towards the Creation of True Intelligence for Machines
Nowadays, we remark that breakthroughs in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) suggesting its similarity with human beings, tremendous diversity of subfields and terminologies implied in the AI discipline, huge diversity of AI techniques, mistakes of AI and hype could lead to confusion about a clear understanding of the field (due to multiplicity of elements, brilliant successes, and senseless failures at the same time). In some cases, misunderstanding about AI led to hype, firing, and rude criticism even among many senior experts of the AI domain. Therefore, we detected the need for a short and very comprehensive overview of the whole and very vast AI field (as a good and useful reference) for providing fast insights leading to a better contextual understanding. And all of this by putting all aspects of AI together in few pages, based on practical and realistic (empirical) studies. Indeed, as only long training paths based on several outstanding books can fully cover all aspects of the AI discipline in several years, a short AI approach with shallow technical aspects would be suitable for everybody no matter their fields of activity, and so would contribute to avoiding misunderstandings about AI.
Subsequently, in the situation where the digitization and involvement of AI appears on a global level in all fields of activity, we let the very hard complex technical aspects (requiring at least sophomore level of mathematics) to (we) AI specialists only.
In this paper, we proposed “Understanding the Worldwide Paths towards the Creation of True Intelligence for Machines” so that everyone (starting with newbies) is able, via clear insights, to make a difference rapidly. As our modest contribution to scientific literature, we unambiguously showed via carefully designed illustrations and discussions, how the AI realm is held by well-known Theories of Intelligence and related AI Concepts that perfectly match the current technological advances in the AI field, and also future objectives. And, of course, we provided a clear insight into Ethical concerns about Artificial Intelligence.
- Stuart J. Russell and Peter Norvig, ―Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach,‖ Pearson India Education Services Pvt. Ltd., India, Third Edition, twelfth Impression 2018.
- Kouassi Konan Jean-Claude, Ph.D. Student in Artificial Intelligence at Bircham International University (BIU) – Madrid since 2018. (2021, February 3). Case Study of the 4th Book Report, 35 pp. The Artificial Intelligence Realm and the implied Techniques [Figure], p.26.
- Harry Surden, ―Artificial Intelligence Overview,‖ Associate Professor of Law, University of Colorado Law School, Oct. 2017.
- Heaton, Jeffrey. (2017). Ian Goodfellow, Yoshua Bengio, and Aaron Courville: Deep learning: The MIT Press, 2016, 800 pp, ISBN: 0262035618. Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines. 19. 10.1007/s10710-017-9314-z.
- Mariusz Flasiński, ―Introduction to Artificial Intelligence,‖ Springer Nature, Switzerland, 2016.
- ―The Astronomist: A Cubic Millimeter of Your Brain.‖ The Astronomist, http://theastronomist.fieldofscience.com/2011/07/cubic-millimeter-of-your-brain.html. Accessed 14 Aug. 2018.
- La Communication Entre Les Neurones : La Transmission Synaptique - Assistance Scolaire Personnalisée et Gratuite - ASP. https://www.assistancescolaire.com/eleve/4e/svt/reviser-une-notion/la-communication-entre-les-neurones-la-transmission-synaptique-3sad06. Accessed 14 Aug. 2018.
- Robert Stufflebeam. (n.d.). Neurons, Synapses, Action Potentials, and Neurotransmission. The Mind Project. https://mind.ilstu.edu/curriculum/neurons_intro/neurons_intro.html.
- Jeff Beck, Editor. (2015, January 15). ―The Formation of Multi-synaptic Connections by the Interaction of Synaptic and Structural Plasticity and Their Functional Consequences,‖ Ncbi.Nlm.Nih, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4295841/.
- Fabien Tell, Editor. (2015, June 24). ―The Influence of Synaptic Size on AMPA Receptor Activation: A Monte Carlo Model,‖ Ncbi.Nlm.Nih, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4479604/.
- Shane Legg et al., ―A Collection of Definitions of Intelligence,‖ arXiv:0706.3639v1, Jun 2007.
- H.-P. Schwefel et al., Advances in Computational Intelligence – Theory and Practice, Springer, Germany, 2010.
- Songbai Liu, ―A Survey on Learnable Evolutionary Algorithms for Scalable Multiobjective Optimization,‖ arXiv:2206.11526v1, Jun. 2022.
- Olga Moskvyak et al., ―Semi-supervised Keypoint Localization,‖ arXiv:2101.07988v1, Jan. 2021.
- Yichuan Tang, ―Deep Learning using Linear Support Vector Machines,‖ arXiv:1306.0239v4, Feb. 2015.
- Chaoyun Zhang et al., ―Deep Learning in Mobile and Wireless Networking: A Survey,‖ arXiv:1803.04311v1, June 2022.
- Tiansheng Yao et al., ―Self-supervised Learning for Large-scale Item Recommendations,‖ arXiv:2007.12865v4, Feb. 2021.
- Xin Xin et al., ―Self-Supervised Reinforcement Learning for Recommender Systems,‖ arXiv:2006.05779v2, Jun. 2020.
- Yuxi Li, ―DEEP REINFORCEMENT LEARNING: AN OVERVIEW,‖ arXiv:1701.07274v6, Nov. 2018.
- Hassam Sheikh, Mariano Phielipp, ―Maximizing Ensemble Diversity in Deep Reinforcement Learning,‖ International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR), ICLR 2022.
- Shivani Choudhary et al., ―Interpretation of Black Box NLP Models: A Survey,‖ arXiv:2203.17081v1, Mar 2022.
- Hanaki, Jalaj. ―Differences between NLU and NLG - Python Natural Language Processing [Book].‖ O’Reilly Online Learning, Packt Publishing.
- Shane Legg et al., ―Universal intelligence: A definition of machine intelligence,‖ arXiv:0712.3329v1, Dec 2007.
- Nick Bostrom and Eliezer Yudkowsky, ―The Ethics of Artificial Intelligence,‖ Future of Humanity Institute and Machine Intelligence Research Institute, June 2014.
- Gina, DiGravio. ―A New Explanation for Consciousness.‖ Neuroscience News, 3 Oct. 2022, https://neurosciencenews.com/consciousness-theory-21571/. Accessed 03 Oct. 2022.
- The New York Times Company. (2019, March 27). Turing Award Won by 3 Pioneers in Artificial Intelligence. Nytimes. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/27/technology/turing-award-ai.html.
- Ben Dickson. (2019, December 23). System 2 deep learning: The next step toward artificial general intelligence. TechTalks. Retrieved March 2, 2021, https://bdtechtalks.com/2019/12/23/yoshua-bengio-neurips-2019-deep-learning/.
- Synced. (2019, May 10). Google I/O 2019 | Geoffrey Hinton Says Machines Can Do Anything Humans Can. Medium. Retrieved March 2, 2021, https://medium.com/syncedreview/google-i-o-2019-geoffrey-hinton-says-machines-can-do-anything-humans-can-460dff834ae2.
- Ben Goertzel, ―The General Theory of General Intelligence: A Pragmatic Patternist Perspective,‖ arXiv:2103.15100v3, Apr 2021.
- Robin Manhaeve et al., ―DeepProbLog: Neural Probabilistic Logic Programming,‖ arXiv:1805.10872v2, May 2018.
- Ryan Riegel et al., ―Logical Neural Networks,‖ arXiv:2006.13155v1, Jun 2020.
- Gary Marcus, ―The Next Decade in AI: Four Steps Towards Robust Artificial Intelligence,‖ arXiv:2002.06177v1, Feb 2020.
- Zhen Zhang, ―MiCS: Near-linear Scaling for Training Gigantic Model on Public Cloud,‖ arXiv:2205.00119v4, May 2022.
- Wei_Li. ―Software AI Accelerators: AI Performance Boost for Free.‖ CodeProject - For Those Who Code, 29 Apr. 2022, https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/5330215/Software-AI-Accelerators-AI-Performance-Boost-for. Accessed 18 Sept. 2022.
- Brian Lester et al., ―The Power of Scale for Parameter-Efficient Prompt Tuning,‖ arXiv:2104.08691v2, Sep 2021.
- Ofer, Fryman. ―AI Is Driving the Future of Hardware, Software, and Data.‖ Syte, SyteVisualAI, 13 Dec. 2017, https://www.syte.ai/blog/retail-innovation/ai-hardware-software-data/. Accessed 18 Sept. 2022.
- NVIDIA CORPORATION. (2022, September 20). GTC Sept 2022 Keynote with NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWcNlRI00jo.
- Edouard d'Archimbaud co-founder and CTO of Kili Technology. (2022, June 28). Kili Technology & Jellysmack at the WAICF 2022 [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92L5A9XhgYQ.
- MIT Technology Review Insights. (2022, June 7). Building a better society with better AI. MIT Technology Review. https://www.technologyreview.com/2022/06/07/1053031/building-a-better-society-with-better-ai/amp/.
- Dennis Nealon – Harvard. (2022, September 3). How the Brain Processes Sensory Information From Internal Organs. Neuroscience News. Retrieved September 12, 2022, from https://neurosciencenews.com/sensory-processing-internal-organs-21356/.
- Visible Body. (n.d.). Sight, Sound, Smell, Taste, and Touch: How the Human Body Receives Sensory Information. VisibleBody. Retrieved September 16, 2022, from https://www.visiblebody.com/learn/nervous/five-senses.
- Lalor, John P. et al. ―Benchmarking Intersectional Biases in NLP.‖ NAACL (2022).
- B, Senthil Kumar et al. ―An Overview of Fairness in Data – Illuminating the Bias in Data Pipeline.‖ LTEDI (2021).
- Zheng, Hui et al. ―A mathematical model for intimacy-based security protection in social network without violation of privacy.‖ Int. J. High Perform. Comput. Netw. 15 (2019): 121-132.
- Ziefle, Martina et al. ―Medical Technology in Smart Homes: Exploring the User's Perspective on Privacy, Intimacy and Trust.‖ 2011 IEEE 35th Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference Workshops (2011): 410-415.
- Toscano, Manuel. ―On the Concept of Privacy: the Relation between Privacy and Intimacy.‖ Isegoria (2017): 533-552.
Abstract Views: 207
PDF Views: 8