Open Access Subscription Access
A Secure Image Encryption and Embedding Approach using MRSA and RC6 with DCT Transformation
The growing potentialities of recent communications necessitate information security on the computer network. The various fields such as banking, E-commerce, education, and health sectors depend on the online network to communicate. Information security is becoming more significant. Hackers can get the data if it is sent as it is in an unsafe network. Therefore, security challenges like confidentiality, integrity & undetectability are essential to safeguard sensitive data from unauthorized users. To secure communicated information from a third party, it is necessary to convert the information into a scrambled form. Researchers have used various cryptographic and steganographic algorithms. The public key and private key cryptographic algorithms are suitable to scramble the input secret data. Using private key algorithms, key exchange is a challenge. Always two-level of scrambling of data is safe. After scrambling, embed it in cover media by using suitable transform domain techniques to provide higher security. In the proposed method, two-level scrambling of input secret images is carried out by applying faster processing symmetric algorithms such as Rivest Cipher 6 (RC6) & One Time Pad (OTP) to enhance the security of images. As these algorithms use the key on their own, it becomes difficult for any intruder to extract and identify the keys. Also, there is a necessity to safely send keys to the recipient. These two keys are scrambled using a public key cryptographic algorithm such as Modified Rivest-Shamir-Adleman (MRSA) algorithm. This reduces the chances of stealing the keys. Another level of security for the scrambled image is provided by embedding it in cover media using DC coefficients resulting in the stego image. Send the stego image and scrambled keys to the receiver. Simulation outcomes and analysis show that the proposed method provides two-level security for color image mediation and key authentication.
Modified RSA, RC6, DCT, OTP, Encryption, Steganography.
- Monu Singh, and Amit Kumar Singh, “A comprehensive survey on encryption techniques for digital images,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, pp. 1-33, 2022. DOI:10.1007/s11042-022-12791-6
- Omega Sarjiyus, B Y Baha, and E. J. Garba, “Enhanced Security Framework for Internet Banking Services,” Journal of Information Technology and Computing, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 9-29, 2021. DOI:10.48185/jitc.v2i1.162
- A.Nithya, B. Ramakrishnan, Resul Das, “A Novel Approach for Data Privacy Using Attribute Based Scheme Algorithm for Cloud Computing,” International Journal of Computer Networks and Applications (IJCNA), Volume 3, Issue 4, 2016. DOI: 10.22247/ijcna/2016/v3/i4/48567
- Catherine Bhel B. Aguila, Ariel M. Sison, and Suji P. Medina, "Enhanced RC6 permutation-diffusion operation for image encryption," International Conference on Data Science and Information Technology, pp. 64-68. 2018. DOI:10.1145/3239283.3239308
- Denis R, “Evolutionary Computing Assisted Visually-Imperceptible Hybrid Cryptography and Steganography Model for Secure Data Communication over Cloud Environment,” International Journal of Computer Networks and Applications (IJCNA), Volume 7, Issue 6, 2020. DOI: 10.22247/ijcna/2020/205321
- Mai Helmy, Walid El-Shafai, El-Sayed M. El-Rabaie, Ibrahim M. El-Dokany, and Fathi E. Abd El-Samie, “A hybrid encryption framework based on Rubik’s cube for cancelable biometric cyber security applications,” Optik 258 (2022): 168773. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijleo.2022.168773
- Yani Parti Astuti, De Rosal Ignatius Moses Setiadi, Eko Hari Rachmawanto, and Christy Atika Sari “Simple and Secure Image Steganography using LSB and Triple XOR Operation on MSB,” 2018 International Conference on Information and Communications Technology (ICOIACT), pp. 191-195, 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ICOIACT.2018.8350661
- Ali Ahmed and Abdelmotalib Ahmed, “A Secure Image Steganography using LSB and Double XOR Operations,” IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 139-144, May 2020.
- De Rosal Ignatius Moses Setiadi and Eko Hari Rachmawanto, “Secure Image Steganography Algorithm Based on DCT with OTP Encryption,” Journal of Applied Intelligent System, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1 – 11, April 2017. DOI: 10.33633/jais.v2i1.1330
- Ajib Susanto, De Rosal Ignatius Moses Setiadi, Eko Hari Rachmawanto, Ibnu Utomo Wahyu Mulyono, and Christy Atika Sari, “An Improve Image Watermarking using Random Spread Technique and Discrete Cosine Transform,” IEEE International Conference on Information and Communications Technology (ICOIACT), pp. 168 -173, 2019. DOI: 10.1109/ICOIACT46704.2019.8938498
- Rabia Abid, Celestine Iwendi, Abdul Rehman Javed, Muhammad Rizwan, Zunera Jalil, Joseph Henry Anajemba, and Cresantus Biamba, “An optimised homomorphic CRT-RSA algorithm for secure and efficient communication,” Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, pp. 1-14, 2021. DOI:10.1007/s00779-021-01607-3
- May H Abood, "An efficient image cryptography using hash-LSB steganography with RC4 and pixel shuffling encryption algorithms," IEEE Annual Conference on New Trends in Information & Communications Technology Applications (NTICT), pp. 86-90, March 2017. DOI:10.1109/NTICT.2017.7976154
- Vivek Kapoor and Rati Gupta, “Hybrid symmetric cryptography approach for secure communication in web application,” Journal of Discrete Mathematical Sciences and Cryptography, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 1179-1187, 2021. DOI: 10.1080/09720529.2021.1936900
- Osama S. Faragallah, Hala S. El-sayed, Ashraf Afifi, and S. F. El-Zoghdy, “Small details gray scale image encryption using RC6 block cipher,” Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 118, No. 2, pp. 1559-1589, 2021. DOI:10.1007/s11277-021-08105-y
- Shabir A. Parah, Tabish Digoo, Gazanfar A. Hamdani, Asif A. Shah, Irfan Khan, Obaid Khan, Nazir A. Loan, and Javaid A. Sheikh, “A reversible and secure electronic patient record embedding technique using histogram bin shifting and RC6 encryption,” Healthcare Data Analytics and Management, pp. 245-266. Academic Press, 2019.DOI:10.1016/B978-0-12-815368-0.00010-5
- Wellia Shinta Sari, Eko Hari Rachmawanto, De Rosal Ignatius Moses Setiadi, and Christy Atika Sari, “A Good Performance OTP Encryption Image based on DCT-DWT Steganography,” TELKOMNIKA Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering, vol.15, no.4, pp. 1987 -1995, December 2017. DOI: 10.12928/TELKOMNIKA.v15i4.5883
- E. Z. Astuti, D. R. I. M. Setiadi, E. H. Rachmawanto, C. A. Sari, M. K. Sarker, “LSB-based bit flipping methods for color image steganography,” J. Phys. Conf. Ser., vol. 1501, March 2020. DOI:10.1088/1742-6596/1501/1/012019
- Abhishek Majumdar, Arpita Biswas, Atanu Majumder, Sandeep Kumar Sood, Krishna Lal Baishnab, “A novel DNA-inspired encryption strategy for concealing cloud storage,” Front. Comput. Sci., 2021, 15(3): 153807. DOI: 10.1007/s11704-019-9015-2
- Dwi Yuny Sylfania, Fransiskus Panca Juniawan, Laurentinus, and Harrizki Arie Pradana, “SMS Security Improvement using RSA in Complaints Application on Regional Head Election’s Fraud,” Jurnal Teknologi dan Sistem Komputer, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 116-120, 2019.DOI:10.14710/jtsiskom.7.3.2019.116-120
- Md. Sagar Hossen, Md. Ashiqul Islam, Tania Khatun, Shahed Hossain, and Md. Mahfujur Rahman, "A New Approach to Hiding Data in the Images Using Steganography Techniques Based on AES and RC5 Algorithm Cryptosystem," IEEE International Conference on Smart Electronics and Communication (ICOSEC), pp. 676-681, 2020.DOI:10.1109/ICOSEC49089.2020.9215442
- Amin Subandi, Maya Silvi Lydia, Rahmat Widia Sembiring, “Analysis of RC6-Lite Implementation for Data Encryption,” In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference of Computer, Environment, Agriculture, Social Science, Health Science, Engineering and Technology (ICEST 2018), pp. 42-47, 2021. DOI: 10.5220/0010037500420047
- Ganavi M and Prabhudeva S, “A Secure Data Transmission using Modified RSA and Random Pixel Replacement Steganography,” Proceeding of 2018 IEEE International Conference on Current Trends toward Converging Technologies, Coimbatore, India 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ICCTCT.2018.8550848
- USC-SIPI Image Database Website. http://sipi.usc.edu/database
- KODAK Image Dataset Website. http://r0k.us/graphics/kodak
- Image Manipulation Dataset Website. https://www5.cs.fau.de/research/data/image-manipulation/orig
- Said e. el-khamy, Noha o. korany and Amira g. Mohamed, “A New Fuzzy-DNA Image Encryption and Steganography Technique,” IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 148935-148951, August 11, 2020. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3015687.
Abstract Views: 42
PDF Views: 1