Open Access Subscription Access
CIDO : Chaotically Initialized Dandelion Optimization for Global Optimization
Metaheuristic algorithms are widely used for problems in many fields such as security, health, engineering. No metaheuristic algorithm can achieve the optimum solution for all optimization problems. For this, new metaheuristic methods are constantly being proposed and existing ones are being developed. Dandelion Optimizer, one of the most recent metaheuristic algorithms, is biology-based. Inspired by the wind-dependent long-distance flight of the ripening seed of the dandelion plant. It consists of three phases: ascending phase, descending phase and landing phase. In this study, the chaos-based version of Chaotically Initialized Dandelion Optimizer is proposed for the first time in order to prevent Dandelion Optimizer from getting stuck in local solutions and to increase its success in global search. In this way, it is aimed to increase global convergence and to prevent sticking to a local solution. While creating the initial population of the algorithm, six different Chaotically Initialized Dandelion Optimizer algorithms were presented using the Circle, Singer, Chebyshev, Gauss/Mouse, Iterative and Logistic chaotic maps. Two unimodal (Sphere and Schwefel 2.22), two multimodal (Schwefel and Rastrigin) and two fixed-dimension multimodal (Foxholes and Kowalik) quality test functions were used to compare the performances of the algorithms. When the experimental results were analyzed, it was seen that the Chaotically Initialized Dandelion Optimizer algorithms gave successful results compared to the classical Dandelion Optimizer.
Metaheuristic Algorithms, Dandelion Optimizer, Chaos, Global Optimization.
- Akyol, S., Alatas, B., Sentiment classification within online social media using whale optimization algorithm and social impact theory based optimization, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 540, 2020,123094.
- Nasr, M., Farouk, O., Mohamedeen, A., Elrafie, A., Bedeir, M., &Khaled, A. Benchmarking meta-heuristic optimization,International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications, 11, 6, 2020, 4451-4457.
- Akyol, S., A new hybrid method based on Aquila optimizer and tangent search algorithm for global optimization, Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, 2022, 1-21.
- Meng, Q.A., Wang, Q., Zhao, K., Wang, P., Liu, P., Liu, H., Jiang, L., Hydroactuated configuration alteration of fibrous dandelion pappi: Toward self-controllable transport behavior, 2016.
- Cummins, C., Seale M., Macente A., Certini D., Mastropaolo E., Viola I.M., Nakayama N. A., Separated vortex ring underlies the flight of the dandelion, Nature, 562, 7727, 2018, 414-418.
- Soons, M.B., Heil, G.W., Nathan, R., Katul, G.G., Determinants of long-distance seed dispersal by wind in grasslands, Ecology, 85, 11, 2004, 3056-3068.
- Zhao, S., Zhang, T., Ma, S., & Chen, M., Dandelion Optimizer: A nature-inspired metaheuristic algorithm for engineering applications, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 114, 2022, 105075.
- Cheng, M. Y., Tran, D. H., & Cao, M. T., Chaotic initialized multiple objective differential evolution with adaptive mutation strategy (CA-MODE) for construction project time-cost-quality trade-off, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, 22, 2, 2016, 210-223.
- Alatas, B., Akin, E., & Ozer, A. B., Chaos embedded particle swarm optimization algorithms, Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, 40, 4, 2009, 1715-1734.
- Akyol, S., Alatas, B., Chaotically Initiated Flower Pollination Algorithm for Search and Optimization Problems. II International Conference on Engineering and Natural Sciences (ICENS), 2016, 2797-2803.
Abstract Views: 37
PDF Views: 0