Open Access Subscription Access
Task Scheduling Optimization in Cloud Computing by Coronavirus Herd Immunity Optimizer Algorithm
Cloud computing is now dominant in high-performance distributed computing, offering resource polling and on-demand services over the web. So, the task scheduling problem in a cloud computing environment becomes a significant analysis space due to the dynamic demand for user services. The primary goal of scheduling tasks is to allocate tasks to processors to achieve the shortest possible makespan while respecting priority restrictions. In heterogeneous multiprocessor systems, task and schedule assignments significantly impact the system's operation. Therefore, the different processes within the heuristic-based scheduling task algorithm will lead to a different makespan on a heterogeneous computing system. Thus, a suitable algorithm for scheduling should set precedence efficiently for every subtask based on the resources required to reduce its makespan. This paper proposes a novel efficient scheduling task algorithm based on the coronavirus herd immunity optimizer algorithm to solve task scheduling problems in a cloud computing environment. The basic idea of this method is to use the advantages of meta-heuristic algorithms to get the optimal solution. We evaluate the performance of our algorithm by applying it to three cases. The collected findings suggest that the proposed strategy successfully achieved the best solution in terms of makespan, speedup, efficiency, and throughput compared to others. Furthermore, the results demonstrate that the suggested technique beats existing methods new genetic algorithm (NGA), proposed particle swarm optimization (PPSO), whale optimization algorithm (WOA), enhanced genetic algorithm for task scheduling (EGA-TS), gravitational search algorithm (GSA), genetic algorithm (GA), and hybrid heuristic and genetic (HHG) by 22.8%, 12.3%, 8.8%, 7.3%, 7.3%, 3.4%, and 3.4% respectively according to makespan.
Cloud Computing, Coronavirus Herd Immunity Optimizer Algorithm, Heterogeneous Processors, Task Scheduling.
- X. Chen, L. Cheng, C. Liu, Q. Liu, J. Liu et al., A woa-based optimization approach for task scheduling in cloud computing systems,IEEE Systems Journal, 14(3), 2020, 3117–3128.
- I. Attiya, M. Abd Elaziz and S. Xiong, Job scheduling in cloud computing using a modified harris hawks optimization and simulated annealing algorithm,Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, 2020(1), 2020, 1-17.
- G. Natesan and A. Chokkalingam, An improved grey wolf optimization algorithm based task scheduling in cloud computing environment, The International Arab Journal of Information Technology, 17(1), 2020, 73-81.
- S.M.G. Kashikolaei, A.A.R. Hosseinabadi, B. Saemi, M.B. Shareh, A.K. Sangaiah et al., An enhancement of task scheduling in cloud computing based on imperialist competitive algorithm and firefly algorithm,Journal of Supercomputing, 76(8), 2020, 6302–6329.
- A. Alameen and A. Gupta, Fitness rate-based rider optimization enabled for optimal task scheduling in cloud,Information Security Journal, 29(6), 2020, 310–326.
- KR Prasanna Kumar and K. Kousalya, Amelioration of task scheduling in cloud computing using crow search algorithm,Neural Computing and Applications, 32(10), 2020, 5901–5907.
- L. Abualigah and A. Diabat, A novel hybrid antlion optimization algorithm for multi-objective task scheduling problems in cloud computing environments,Cluster Computing, 24(1), 2021, 205–223.
- M. Gokuldhev, G. Singaravel and N.R. Ram Mohan, Multi-objective local pollination-based gray wolf optimizer for task scheduling heterogeneous cloud environment,Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers, 29(7), 2020, 1–24.
- A. Younes, A. BenSalah, T. Farag, F. A.Alghamdi and U. A. Badawi, Task scheduling algorithm for heterogeneous multi processing computing systems,Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 97(12), 2019, 3477-3487.
- M. A. Al-Betar, Z. A. A. Alyasseri, M. A. Awadallah and L. A. Doush, Coronavirus herd immunity optimizer (CHIO),Neural Computing and Applications, 33(10), 2021, 5011–5042.
- I. Dubey and M. Gupta, Uniform mutation and SPV rule based optimized PSO algorithm for TSP problem, in Proc. of the 4th Int. Conf. on Electronics and Communication Systems, Coimbatore, India, 2017, 168–172.
- L. Wang, Q. Pan and F. M. Tasgetiren, A hybrid harmony search algorithm for the blocking permutation flow shop scheduling problem,Computers & Industrial Engineering, 61(1),2011, 76-83.
- A. Mishra, M. N. Sahoo and A. Satpathy, H3CSA: A makespan aware task scheduling technique for cloud environments,Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies,32(10), 2021, 1-20.
- S. Nabi, M. Ibrahim and J. M. Jimenez, DRALBA: Dynamic and resource aware load balanced scheduling approach for cloud computing,IEEE Access, 9(1), 2020, 61283-61297.
- B. Keshanchi, A. Souri and N. Navimipour, An improved genetic algorithm for task scheduling in the cloud environments using the priority queues: Formal verification, simulation, and statistical testing, Journal of Systems and Software, 124(1), 2017, 1-21.
- T. Biswas, P. Kuila and A.K. Ray, A novel workflow scheduling with multi-criteria using particle swarm optimization for heterogeneous computing systems,Cluster Computing, 23(4), 2020, 3255–3271.
- S. R. Thennarasu, M. Selvam and K. Srihari, A new whale optimizer for workflow scheduling in cloud computing environment,Journal of Ambient Intelligence Humanized Computing, 12(3), 2020,3807-3814.
- T. Biswas, P. Kuila, A. K. Ray and M. Sarkar, Gravitational search algorithm based novel workflow scheduling for heterogeneous computing systems,Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, 96(1), 2019, 1-21.
- M. Akbari, H. Rashidi and SH Alizadeh, An enhanced genetic algorithm with new operators for task scheduling in heterogeneous computing systems,Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 61(3), 2017, 35–46.
- A. Y. Hamed and M. H. Alkinani, Task scheduling optimization in cloud computing based on genetic algorithms,Computers, Materials & Continua, 69(3), 2021, 3289-3301.
- M. Sulaiman, Z. Halim, M. Lebbah, M. Waqas and S. Tu, An evolutionary computing-based efficient hybrid task scheduling approach for heterogeneous computing environment,Journal of Grid Computing, 19(1), 2021, 1-31.
- A.Y. Hamed, M. K. Elnahary, F. S. Alsubaei and H. H. El-Sayed, Optimization Task Scheduling Using Cooperation Search Algorithm for Heterogeneous Cloud Computing Systems,Computers, Materials & Continua, 74(1), 2023, 2133-2148.
Abstract Views: 35
PDF Views: 0