Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
A Survey on ML Models of Wind Energy Forecasting
Given the intermittent nature of the wind, accurate wind energy forecasting is significant to the proper utilization of renewable energy sources. Various types of data processing methods are successfully applied to assist these models and further improve forecasting performance. Comprehensive research of their methodologies is called on for a thorough understanding of current challenges that affect model accuracy and efficiency. An overall analysis of their intentions, positions, characteristics, and implementation details is provided. A general evaluation is carried out from different perspectives including accuracy improvement, usage frequency, consuming time, robustness to parameters, maturity, and implementation difficulty. Among the existing data processing methods, outlier detection and filter-based correction are relatively less used. Their potential can be better explored in the future. Furthermore, some possible research directions and challenges of data processing in wind energy forecasting are provided, in order to encourage subsequent research.
ARMA Model, Artificial Neural Networks, Forecasting, Slap Swarm
- Eklas Hossain, (Senior Member, Ieee), Imtiaj Khan, Fuad Un-Noor, ―Application Of Big Data And Machine Learning In Smart Grid, And Associated Security Concerns: A Review‖, Received December 18, 2018, Accepted January 8, 2019, Date Of Publication January 24, 2019, Date Of Current Version February 8, 2019. Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/Access.2019.2894819
- Ricardo Marquez, Carlos F.M. Coimbra, ―Forecasting Of Global And Direct Solar Irradiance Using Stochastic Learning Methods, Ground Experiments And The Nws Database‖, Solar Energy 85 (2011) 746–756.
- Henrik Lund A, Willett Kempton, ―Integration Of Renewable Energy Into The Transport And Electricity Sectors Through V2g‖, Energy Policies, January 2011
- Bo Zhu, Min-You Chen, Neal Wade, Li Ran, ―A Prediction Model For Wind Farm Power Generation Based On Fuzzy Modelling‖, 2011 International Conference On Environmental Science And Engineering (Icese2011)
- J.L. Torres A, A. Garcı´A, M. De Blas, A. De Francisco, ―Forecast Of Hourly Average Wind Speed With Arma Models In Navarre (Spain)‖, Solar Energy 79 (2005) 65–77
- M. Carolin Mabel_, E. Fernandez1, ―Analysis Of Wind Power Generation And Prediction Using Ann:A Case Study‖, Renewable Energy 33 (2008) 986–992
- S Huhui Li, Donald C. Wunsch, Edgar A. O’hair, And Michael G. Giesselmann, ―Using Neural Networks To Estimate Wind Turbine Power Generation‖, IEEE Transactions On Energy Conversion, Vol. 16, No. 3, September 2001
- Anurag More,M.C. Deo, ―Forecasting Wind With Neural Networks‖, Marine Structures 16 (2003) 35–49
- R.E. Abdel-Aal, M.A. Elhadidy, S.M. Shaahid, ―Modeling And Forecasting The Mean Hourly Wind Speed Time Series Using Gmdh- Based Abductive Networks‖, Renewable Energy 34 (2009) 1686–1699
- Chiou-Jye Huang, Ping-Huan Kuo, ―A Short-Term Wind Speed Forecasting Model By Using Artificial Neural Networks With Stochastic Optimization For Renewable Energy Systems‖, Mdpi Energies
- A. Sfetsos, ―A Novel Approach For The Forecasting Of Mean Hourly Wind Speed Time Series‖, October 2001, Renewable Energy 27 (2002) 163–174
- Saeed Samadianfar, Sajjad Hashemi, Katayoun Kargar, Mojtaba Izadyar, Ali Mostafaeipour, Amir Mosavi, Narjes Nabipour, Shahaboddin Shamshirband, ―Wind Speed Prediction Using A Hybrid Model Of The Multi-Layer Perceptron And Whale Optimization Algorithm‖, Energy Reports 6 (2020) 1147–1159
- Jikai Duan, Hongchao Zuocp, Yulong Bai, Jizheng Duan, Mingheng Chang, Bolong Chen, ―Short-Term Wind Speed Forecasting Using Recurrent Neural Networks With Error Correction‖, Energy.2020.119397.
- Fitriana R. Ningsih, Esmeralda C. Djamal, Asep Najmurrakhman, ―Wind Speed Forecasting Using Recurrent Neural Networks And Long Short Term Memory‖, 2019 6th International Conference On Instrumentation, Control, And Automation (Ica) Bandung, Indonesia. 31 July – 2 August 2019.
- Noman Shabbir, Lauri Kütt, Roya Amadiahanger, Muhammad N. Iqbal, ―Wind Energy Forecasting Using Recurrent Neural Networks‖, Proceedings Of The 2019 Ieee Conference On Big Data, Knowledge And Control Systems Engineering (Bdkcse)
- Fitriana R. Ningsih, Esmeralda C. Djamal, Asep Najmurrakhman, ―Wind Speed Forecasting Using Recurrent Neural Networks And Long Short Term Memor‖, 2019 6th International Conference On Instrumentation, Control, And Automation (Ica) Bandung, Indonesia. 31 July – 2 August 2019
- M. Madhiarasan, ―Accurate Prediction Of Different Forecast Horizons Wind Speed Using A Recursive Radial Basis Function Neural Network‖, Protection And Control Of Modern Power Systems (2020)
- Zhao-Sui Zhang, Yuan-Zhangsun, Lincheng, ―Potential Of Trading Wind Power As Regulation Services In The California Short-Term Electricity Market‖, Energy Policy59(2013)885–897
- H.Z. Wang, G.B. Wang, G.Q. Li, J.C. Peng, Y.T. Liu, ―Deep Belief Network Based Deterministic And Probabilistic Wind Speed Forecasting Approach‖, Applied Energy 182 (2016) 80–93
- Jianzhou Wang, Jianming Hu, ―A Robust Combination Approach For Short-Term Wind Speed Forecasting And Analysis E Combination Of The Arima (Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average), Elm (Extreme Learning Machine), Svm (Support Vector Machine) And Lssvm (Least Square Svm) Forecasts Using A Gpr(Gaussian Process Regression) Model‖, Energy 93 (2015) 41-56
- Lin Ye, Yongning Zhao, Cheng Zeng, Cihang Zhang, ―Short-Term Wind Power Prediction Based On Spatial Model‖, Renewable Energy 101 (2017) 1067e1074
- Wen-Yeau Chang, ―A Literature Review Of Wind Forecasting Methods‖, Journal Of Power And Energy Engineering, 2014, 2, 161-168
- Ying Denga, Bofu Wanga, Zhiming Lua, ―A Hybrid Model Based On Data Preprocessing Strategy And Error Correction System For Wind Speed Forecasting‖, Energy Conversion And Management 212 (2020) 112779
- G.W. Chang, H.J. Lu, Y.R. Chang, Y.D. Lee, ―An Improved Neural Network-Based Approach For Short-Term Wind Speed And Power Forecast‖, Renewable Energy 105 (2017) 301e311
- G. Santamaría-Bonfil, A. Reyes-Ballesteros, C. Gershenson, ―Wind Speed Forecasting For Wind Farms: A Method Based On Support Vector Regression‖, Renewable Energy 85 (2016) 790-809
- Neelesh Sharma And Ravinesh Deo, ―Wind Speed Forecasting In Nepal Using Self-Organizing Map-Based Online Sequential Extreme Learning Machine‖, Predictive Modelling For Energy Management And Power Systems Engineering, Chapter 4.
- Lian Tan , Jing Han , And Hongtao Zhang, ―Ultra-Short-Term Wind Power Prediction By Salp Swarm Algorithm-Based Optimizing Extreme Learning Machine‖, Ieee Power & Energy Society Section, March 13, 2020.
- Cen Chen, ―Extreme Learning Machine And Its Applications In Big Data Processing‖, Big Data Analytics For Sensor-Network Collected Intelligence, 2017
Abstract Views: 47
PDF Views: 0