Real Time Location Sensing in Mining - Operator’s Share of the Pie
“Change is the very core to evolution”, these lines were probably never truer. Telecom technology has evolved many a time and the associated services are getting newer, smarter and user friendly. The journey starts with technology evolution and makes many things possible with the business growing more and more complex.
With the advent of IoT enabled ‘Real Time Location Sensing’ Solution, a number of challenges in the mining sector can be addressed and a turnkey solution can be provided. The backhaul for large scale data capture and communication needs technologies such as 4G/5G for which operators have a really good chance of getting a large share of the pie.
This paper talks about some key customer challenges in the mining space, some specific use cases which can be addressed using RTLS solution. The paper also talks about the comparative analysis of the current RTLS technologies and value proposition by an operator.
- Gross, A. (2017). How Artificial Intelligence Will Transform Tomorrow’s Digital Supply Chain. Retrieved from http://www.digitalistmag.com/digital-supply-networks/ 2017/08/14/artificial-intelligence-will-transform-tomorrows-digital-supply-chain-05286416
- Arnold & Itkin, (2014). Emergency Evacuation (Figure 5). Causes of Mining and Cave-in Accidents.Retrieved from https://www.industrialinjuryattorney.com/Industrial-Accident-Blog/2014/July/Causes-of-Mining-and-Cave-in-Accidents.aspx
- Rosi, B. (2016). Business and security Impacts.Retrieved from http://www.information-age.com/ business-security-impacts-industry-4-0-123463772/,
- Fink, C. (October, 2017). VR Training Next generation of workers. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/ charliefink/2017/10/30/vr- training-next-generationofworkers/, https://www.i-scoop.eu/industry-40-virtual-reality-vr-augmented-reality-ar-trends/
- Hazardous Zone Presence Tracking. (2010). Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/world latin-america11533349
- Patterson, J. (2009). Collision Inside Mine. Retrieved from http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.858.1937&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Alicke, K., Rexhausen, D., & Seyfert, A. (2017). Supply Chain 4.0 Retrieved from https://www.mckinsey.com/ industries/consumer-packaged-goods/our-insights/ supply-chain-4-0-in-consumer-goods.
- Mining Key Value Proposition (n.d), Retrieved from https://rtlservice.com/en-in/solutions/mining/, https://openrtls.com/page/homepage, https://openrtls.com/page/cases,
- Sprinting to Value in Industry 4.0, (BCG, 2016). Retrieved https://www.slideshare.net/TheBostonConsulting Group/sprinting-to-value-in-industry-40
Abstract Views: 25
PDF Views: 1