Health Related Problems Associated with Early Puberty in Women
Early puberty is a causative agent for variety of disease in later life. The intake of unhealthy food and lack of physical activity among girls corresponds to the increase in body mass index and the development of early puberty among girls. The objective of the present investigation was to study the diet and health related problems associated with early puberty in women. The data was collected by interview method with the help of structured and validated questionnaire. A sub-sample of 10 subjects was selected for dietary assessment and biochemical examination by convenient sampling method. Diet survey was done by weighment method. Height and weight of the respondents was measured with the help of required tools and BMI was computed. Health problems like anaemia and obesity were also assessed among the respondents.
- Allsworth JE. The Influence of stress on the Menstrual Cycle among newly incarcerated women. Women’s Health Issues. 2017; 17(2):202-209.
- Available from: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseasesconditions/premenstrual-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20376780
- Tulchinsky TH, Varavikova EA. A Harcourt Science and Techno Co. 2000; 337(4):25-28.
- WHO-Nutrition in adolescents- Issues and Challenges for the health sector; 2015.
- Caius V, Benefice S. Food habits, Physical activity and Overweight among adolescents. Review of Epidemiology santepublique. 2002; 50(1):531-542.
- Garnier. Human physiology and mechanisms of disease. W.B. Saunders company. 1992; 30(5):613- 616.
- Gluckman, Hanson. Age at menarche and menstrual characteristics of adolescent girls of ambala. Ind J Phys Anthrop and Hum Genet. 2006; 35(1):83-101.
- Available from: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/periods/ fertility-in-the-menstrual-cycle
- Mridha S, Barman P. Comparison of health of height weight matched young- adult female athletes of hilly and plane region in selected anthropometric measurements. International Journal of Physical Education, Fitness and Sports. 2014; 3(1):114. https://doi.org/10.26524/14120.
- Srilakshmi B. Nutrition science. 7th multicolour ed. New Delhi: New Age International Publishers; 2006. p. 428-430.
- Krause M. Nutrition and Diet Therapy. 12th ed. Oxford and IPH Publishing. Printed in the United States of America; 2008. p. 409-415.
Abstract Views: 81
PDF Views: 25