Open Access Subscription Access
Effect of Study Habit on Academic Performance of Students
Study habits are basically learning tendencies that enable students to work privately. Azikiwe (1998) describes the study habit as “the adopted way and manner a student plans his private readings, after classroom learning so as to attain mastery of the subject”. According to her,” good study habits are good assets to learners because they (habits) assist student to attain mastery in areas of specialization and consequent excellent performance, while opposite constitute constraints to learning and achievement leading to failure”
- ● Akagah, Felicity Akpene (2013)Influence Of Study Habits On Academic Performance Of Junior High School StudentsIn The Gomoa West District”.
- ● Ayodele, C.S and Adebiyi, D.R (2013) “Study Habits As Influence Of AcademicPerformance Of University Undergraduates In Nigeria” Research Journal in Organizational Psychology & Educational Studies 2(3) 72-75..
- ● Dange J.K and T.K.Girish (2012)”A Study on the Relation between Study Habits and Academic Achievement Among PostGraduation Students in Kuvempu University” Indian journal of experimentation and innovation in education vol1
- ● Marcus Credé and Nathan R. Kuncel (2008) “Study Habits, Skills, and Attitudes: The Third Pillar Supporting Collegiate Academic Performance” Perspectives on Psychological Science vol. 3 no. 6 425-453.
- ● Nuthana P.G.,V. Ganga . Yenagi: (2009”)Influence of Study Habits, SelfConcept On Academic Achievement of Boys and Girls” Karnataka J. Agric. Sci., 22 (5) (1135-1138)
- ● Oluwatimilehin J.T.P, Jimoh Wale Owoyele (2012)”Study Habits And Academic Achievement In Core Subjects Among Junior Secondary School Students In Ondo State, Nigeria”Bulgarian Journal of Science and Education Policy (BJSEP),Volume 6
- ● Palsane m.n.,and.sharma A; palsane and Sharma study habit inventory, published by National psychological corporation(1971),agra,INDIA.
- ● Singh Y.G. (2011)”Academic Achievement And Study Habits of Higher Secondary Students” International Referred Research Journal, VOL- III * ISSUE 27
- ● Tope O. (MAY 2011) -The effect of study habit on the academic performance of students: a case study of some secondary schools in oregon state, published by ego booster books.
Abstract Views: 21
PDF Views: 1