Open Access Subscription Access
Role of Lending Practices in Cooperative Banks Failure
As per the data measured by the deposits of the customer, 83 percent of banking business is in the hands of nationalized and state banks. As per the official website of RBI banks were grouped into five categories (a) State Bank of India and its Associates; (b) Nationalized Banks; (c) Foreign Banks; (d) Regional Rural Bank; and other Scheduled commercial Banks. There are another category of the banks and are called Cooperative Banks. They are the banking institutions and work on cooperative Basis. This types of banking structure are supported by the government and they also gets financial assistance from both central as well as state government. These banks operates in Rural, SemiUrban and Urban Areas. They work as a retail and commercial banking as to provide both Short and Long Term loans.
- Arif, A., & Nauman Anees, A. (2012). Liquidity risk and performance of banking system. Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, 2 0 ( 2 ) , 182195 . https://doi.org/10.1108/13581981211218342
- Asher, M. G. (2007). Reforming governance and regulation of urban cooperative banks in India. Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, 1 5 ( 1 ) , 2029 . https://doi.org/10.1108/13581980710726769
- Chakrabarti, R. (2011). The Indian Microfinance Experience - Accomplishments and Challenges. SS RN Electronic Journal . https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.649854
- Chander, R. (2010). FINANCIAL VIABILITY AND PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF COOPERATIVE CREDIT INSTITUTIONS IN HARYANA (INDIA). International Journal of Computing and Business Research (IJCBR), 1(1), 122.
- Crear, S. Cooperative Banks , Credit Unions and the Financial Crisis. , World Council of Credit Unions, Inc. 112 (2009).
- DeYoung, R., & Torna, G. (2013). Nontraditional banking activities and bank failures during the financial crisis. Journal of Financial Intermediation, 22(3),397421 . https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfi.2013.01.001
- Gupta, J., & Jain, S. (2012). A study on Cooperative Banks in India with special reference to Lending Practices. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 2(1), 22503153. Retrieved from www.ijsrp.org
- Imbierowicz, B., & Rauch, C. (2014). The relationship between liquidity risk and credit risk in banks. Journal of Banking and Finance, 40(1), 2 4 2 2 5 6 . https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbankfin.2013.11.030
- Jacobson, T., & Roszbach, K. (2003). Bank lending policy, credit scoring and value-at-risk. Journal of Banking and Finance, 27(4), 615633. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4266(01)00254-0
- Kavitha, N. A., & Muthumeenakshi, M. (2017). A study on efficiency of state co-operative banks in India. Man in India, 97(2), 199208.
- LAHIRI, R. (n.d.). PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF MICRO , SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES ( MSMEs ) IN INDIA IN THE ERA OF GLOBALIZATION. (1993), 111.
- Lind, G. (2005). Basel II the new framework for bank capital. Economic Review, (March 1993),
- Lu, W., & Whidbee, D. A. (2013). Bank structure and failure during the financial crisis. Journal of Financial Economic Policy, 5(3), 281299. https://doi.org/10.1108/jfep-02-2013-0006
- Martin, D. (1977). Early warning of bank failure. A logit regression approach. Journal of Banking and Finance, 1(3), 249276 . https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-4266(77)90022-X
- Sathye, M. (2003). Efficiency of banks in a developing economy: The case of India. European Journal of Operational Research, 148(3), 662671. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(02)00471-X
- Shastri, R. K., Tripathi, R., & Ali, M. (2011). Liberalization and its impact on small scale industries. International Journal of Vocational and Technical Education, 2(October), 8183.
- Siems, T. F. (1992). Quantifying managements role in bank survival. Economic Review [Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas], 2941.
- Thomson, J. (1991). Predicting bank failures in the 1980s. Economic Review, (Q I), 920.
Abstract Views: 3
PDF Views: 0