Open Access Subscription Access
Literature Review: Impact of Recruitment Process Outsourcing on Organisational Growth
This research paper explores the links and interconnection between the concepts of recruitment process outsourcing and growth of an organisation. Recruitment process outsourcing trend is increasing rapidly all over the world (Clott, 2004). Recruitment HR activities were traditionally performed in house but now recruitment process outsourcing trend has been speedily increasing (Stewart and Woods 1996, Schneider and Bowen 1985). This research explores the perception and feelings of in-house HR professionals and top management about the impact of RPO on their corporate brand. It also studies the RPO performance within organisations and its impact on their corporate growth. The main objective of this literature review is to explore the insights on the impact of RPO on growth of an organisation.
- Ambler, T. and Barrow, S. (1996), “The employer brand”, Journal of Brand Management, Vol. 4,No. 3, pp. 24-46.
- Abdul-Halim, H., Che-Ha, N. & Geare, A. (2009),”The influence of business strategy on the decision to outsource human resource activities”, Journal of Human Resource Costing & Accounting, Vol.13, No. 4, pp. 273 -293.
- Balmer, J. M. T. and Soenen, G. (1999),”The Acid test TM of corporate identity management”, Journal of Marketing Management, Vol. 15, pp. 6992.
- Balmer, J.M.T. and Greyser, S.A. (2003) Revealing the Corporation: Perspectives on Identity, Image, Reputation, Corporate Branding and Corporate-Level Marketing. London: Routledge.
- Bishop, T. R., Aurand, T.W. and Gorchels, L. (2005),”Human resource management's role in internal branding: an opportunity for crossfunctional brand message synergy”,
- Journal of Product and Brand Management, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 163-169.
- Bosch, J., et al. (2006), "The impact of brand identity on the perceived brand image of a merged higher education institution: part two", Management Dynamics, Vol. 15 No.3, pp.36-54.
- Clott, C.B.(2004),”Perspective on globe outsourcing and the changing nature of work”, Business and Society Review, Vol. 109, No.2, pp. 153-170.
- Gilani, H. (2011), “Exploring the Determinants of Retail Corporate Branding”, Journal of Marketing at Retail, 1(1): pp 30 – 42.
- Hatch, M.J. and Schultz, M. (2001),”Are the strategic stars aligned for your corporate brand?”, Harvard Business Review, Vol. 79, No. 2 , pp. 128134.
- Hauser, S.G. (2011),”Recruitment outsourcing is the wave of the present”, Workforce Management, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 12.
- Kakabadse, A. and Kakabadse, N. (2002),”Trends in outsourcing: contrasting USA and Europe”, European Management Journal, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 189-198.
- Kennedy, S.H. (1977), ``Nurturing corporate images: total communication or ego trip?'',European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 11 No. 1, pp. 120-64.
- Klaas, B.S., McClendon, J.A., and Gainey, T.W. (2001), “Outsourcing HR: The Impact of Organizational Characteristics,” Human Resource Management, 40, 2, 125–138.
- Kennedy, J. F., Holt, D. T., Ward, A. W., & Rehg, M. T. (2002). “The Influence of outsourcing on job satisfaction and turnover intentions of technical managers”.Human Resource Planning, 25 (1), 23–31
- Lievens , F. & De Corte , W. (2008),”Development and test of a model of external organisational commitment in human resource outsourcing”, Human Resource Management, Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 559-579.
- Macrae, C. (2001), “Editorial: The multidisciplinary crisis of e- and branding”, The Journal of Brand Management, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 165 – 168.
- Moroko , L . & Uncles , M . D . (2008),”Characteristics of successful employer brands”,Brand Management, Vol. 16, No. 3,pp. 160175.
- Olins, W.(2000) How brands are taking over the corporation, The Expressive Organisation, Linking Identity, Reputation and the Corporate Brand. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Riel, C. B. M. (2001),”Corporate branding management”, Thexis, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 12–16.
- Rousseau, D.M. (2001),”Schema, promise and mutuality: the building blocks of the psychological Contract”, Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, Vol. 74, pp. 511-541.
- Schneider, B. and Bowen , D . (1985),”Employee and customer perceptions of service in banks: replication and extension”, Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 70, pp. 423-33. Stewart, T.A. & Woods, W.(1996),”Taking on the last bureaucracy”, Fortune, Vol. 133, No.1, pp. 105-108.
- Stroh, L.K. and Treehub off, D. (2003),”Outsourcing HR functions: when – and when not – to go Outside”, Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies, Vol. 10 No. 1, pp. 19-28.
- Shelgren, D. (2004),” Why HR outsourcing continues to expand”, Employment Relations Today, Vol. 3, No. 2,pp. 47-53.
- Tikoo ,S. and Backhaus , K.(2004),”Conceptualizing and researching employer branding”, International Journal of Career Management, Vol. 9,No. 5, pp. 501-517.
- Witt, P. and Rode, V.(2005),” Corporate brand building in start-ups”, Journal of Enterprising, Vol. 13, No.3, pp. 273-294.
- Won, H.J. and Kim, G. M.(2007),” HR BPO service models for small and medium enterprises” Business Process Management Journal, Vol. 13 No. 5, 2007,pp. 694-706.
- Wood, G. and Collings, D.G.(2009) Human Resource Management. Oxon: Routledge Publishing.
- Yoon, K.P. and Naadimuthu, G. (1994),”A make-or-buy decision analysis involving imprecise data”, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 62-69.
Abstract Views: 3
PDF Views: 1