Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Estimated of Some Biochemical Parameter in Patients Infected with Entamoeba histolytica in Maysan/Amarah Province, Iraq
The current study was carried out during the period from January 2017 to June 2017 in Maysan/ Amareh city for the detection of parasitic children infected with Entamoeba histolytica. One hundred child patients at the age’s group between 1-10 years old from both males and females with acute diarrhea clinically presented with bloody and mucoid diarrhea used to participate in the study. Samples collected from patient’s ( clinic paediatric in Shaheed Al - Sadr Teaching Hospital/Iraq, Al Zahrawi Surgical Hospitaland from the private laboratories City of Ammaraa ) and 25 persons as a healthy control .The results of biochemical parameters showed an elevated levels in liver the enzymes (GGT) and (LHD) was significantly higher than that observed in the non-patient (P<0.05).According to serum electrolytes , the serum level for, ionized calcium, and sodium were significantly lower for patients group (P<0.05). While for phosphorus and potassium there’s no significant difference between the patients group. The PH value for patients group (7.85) was significantly higher than non-patient (control group) (7.46).
Entamoba histolytica, GGT, LDH, Serum Electrolyte.
- Fotedar, R.; Stark, D.; Beebe, N.; Marriott, D.; Ellis, J. and Harkness, J. (2007). Laboratory Diagnostic Techniques for Entamoeba Species. Clinical Microbiology Reviews, 20(3): 511–532.
- Haque, R.; and Petri, W. A. (2006). Diagnosis of amebiasis in Bangladesh. Arch. Med. Res., 37:273–276.
- Damen, J. G.; Luka, J. and Lugos, M. (2011). Prevalence of Intestinal Parasites among Pupils in Rural North Eastern, Nigeria. Niger Med J., 52(1), 4-6.
- Ozer, T.T.; Yula, E.; Deveci, O.; Tekin, A.; Durmaz, S.; Yanik, K. (2011) Investigation of Entamoeba histolytica in stool specimens by direct microscopic examination and ELISA in a hospital. Dicle Med J Cilt 38: 294–297.
- Alghabban, A. (2014). Ginkgo bilobaleaf extract inhibits and treated Entamoeba histolytica infection. Nature and Science, 12(2): 63-68.
- Teklu, W.; Tsegaye, T.; Belete S. and Takele, T. (2013). Prevalence of intestinal parasitic infections among high land and low land dwellers in Gamo area, South Ethiopia. BMC Public Health, 3, 151.
- Wuerz, T.; Kane, J.B.; Boggild, K.; et al. (2012) a review of amoebic liver abscess for clinicians in a nonendemic setting. Can J Gastroenterol., 26(10):729-734.
- Deneuville, T.; Mario, N.; Tiev, K.P.; Tole´dano, C.; Josselin-Mahr, L.; Gain, M.; et al. (2009). Concentration plasmatiquee´leve´e de la vitamine B12: unindicateur des maladies he´patiquesoutumorales? Rev Med Interne, 30(Suppl. 2):S73.
- AL-Mahdawy, H.; Risan, F.; Mohammed Kh. (2016a). The level of IL-10, IL-17 and s.iga in patients with Entamoeba histolytica. European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical sciences, 3,(1):11-14
- Frances, F. and Marshall B. D. (2009). A Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests. Lippincott William and Wilkins.8th ed. 286-290.
- Allain, C. C. (1973). Quantitative determination of lactate dehydrogenase in serum. Clinical Chemistry, 19, 223-228.
- Sirikutt, P. and Kalayanarooj, S. (2014). Serum lactate and lactate dehydrogenase as parameters for the prediction of dengue severity. J Med Assoc Thai., 97 Suppl 6:S220-31.
- Marie, C. S., Verkerke, H. P., Paul, S. N., Mackey, A. J., and Petri, W. A. (2012). Leptin protects host cells from Entamoeba histolytica cytotoxicity by a STAT3-dependent mechanism. Infection and immunity, 80(5), 1934-1943.
- Gowda, Sh.; Desai, P.; Hull, V.; Math, A.; Vernekar, S. and Kulkarni, Sh. (2009). A review on laboratory liver function tests. Pan Africa Medical Journal,
- Rajgopal, G. and Rafi, K.M. (2005). Serum Gamma Glutamyltransferase (γ-GT) Activity in alcoholics with liver abscess and chronic alcoholics. Indian journal of clinical biochemistry, 20 (2): 198-199
- Sharon, M. and Moe, M.D. (2008). Disorders Involving Calcium, Phosphorus, and Magnesium. Prim Care, 35(2): 215–vi.
- Sharma, M. C. and Joshi, Ch. (2002). Serum Mineral and Haematobiochemical Profile of Microfilariae Infected Cattle in India: Its Effects on Production and Therapy Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci., 15(3): 357-365.
- Al-Zuhairy, A.S.M.A. (2008). Biochemical parameters in sheep infected with toxoplasmosis. M.Sc. Thesis, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Mosul.
- Pingret, L.; Millot, J.M.; Sharonov, S.; Bonhomme, A.; Manfait, M. and Pinon, J.M. (1996). Relationship between intracellular free calcium concentrations and the intracellular development of Toxoplasma gondii. J. Histochem. Cytochem., 44(10): 1123-1129.
- Davis, T.M., Li, G.Q. Guo, X.B. Spencer, J.L. John, S.t. (1993). Serum ionized calcium, serum and intracellular phosphate, and serum parathormone concentrations in acute malaria. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg., 87(1):49-53.
- Kadir, M. and Hamad, N. (2013). Biochemical parameters in patients with Trichomonas vaginalis and Toxoplasma gondiiin Erbil-Iraq, Tikrit Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 9, 2
- Shah, G.S.; Das, B.K.; Kumar, S.; Singh, M.K. and Bhandari, G.P. (2007). Acid base and electrolyte disturbance in diarrhoea. Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ)., 5(1):60-2.
- Soentjens, P., Ostyn, B., Clerinx, J., Van Gompel, A., and Colebunders, R. (2005). A case of multiple amoebic liver abscesses: clinical improvement after percutaneous aspiration. Acta Clinica Belgica, 60(1), 29-33.
- Davenport, M. and Syed, S.H.S. (2010) Hand book of pediatric surgery, ISBN: 978-1-84882-131-6
Abstract Views: 15
PDF Views: 0