Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Effect of Alcoholic Extract of Celery Seeds Apium graveolens on the Histological Characteristic Ovaries of Swiss Rat Ratus
The present study was conducted to evaluate the effect alcoholic extract of the celery seeds Apium graveolens in the histological characteristics of Swiss rats ovaries. The results showed that the low concentration of alcoholic extract of the celery seeds 150 mg / kg greatly affected and by histological sections in increasing the numbers and sizes of corpus luteum and developing follicles also the cortex of the ovary was free from blood congestion and there were increasing in the numbers of primary and secondary follicles compared with the control group. The treatment group with high concentrations of alcoholic extract 300 mg/kg of the of celery seeds showed that the ovary cortex contain smaller numbers of primary and secondary follicles and there were a hypertrophy , and congestion in the cortex cells and there were thicken in some cells nuclei in cortex and presence of large numbers of atretic follicles and the ovarian cortex consist on smaller numbers of corpus luteums compared with the treatment group with lower concentration 150 mg / kg. In addition to the appearance of signs of congestion in the cortex and increase the diameters of arteries and veins of ovary medulla which is responsible for the blood supply of the ovary.
Celery Seeds, Ovaries, Alcoholic Extract, Histological Characteristics, Fc.
- Austin DF. Ipomoea littoralis (Convolvulaceae)— 1991 taxonomy, distribution, and ethnobotany. Econ Bot.;45(2):251–6. doi: 10.1007/bf02862052
- Sultana,S.,S.Ahmed,T.Jahangir,S.Sharma,2005.Inhibitory effect of celery seeds extract on chemically hepatic carcinogenesis: modulation of cell proliferation,
- Mencherini T, Cau A, Bianco G, Della Loggia R, Aquino RP, Autore G2007. An extract of Apium graveolens var. dulce leaves: structure of the major constituent, apiin, and its anti-inflammatory properties. J Pharm Pharmacol.;59(6):891–7. doi: 10.1211/jpp.59.6.0016
- Khare CP. 2007, Indian Medicinal Plants: An Illustrated Dictionary. New York, USA: Springer Science.
- Fazal, S.S. and R.K.Singla.,2012 Review on the pharmacological characterization of Apium graveolens Linn,IGJPS,2(1):36-42.
- Rasouli, M., Hossein Zadeh and. Ali Akbarpour,2000.The effect of soxhlet aqueous extract of chicory leaves on blood PH. and cations level and the sex of new borns in rat. Daneshvar Med.,7(27):57-64.
- Popovic, M., B. Kaurinovic, S. Trivic, N. Mimica-Dukic and M. Bursac, 2006. Effect of celery (Apium graveolens) extracts on some biochemical parameters of oxidative stress in mice treated with carbon tetrachloride. Phytother Res., 20: 531-537.
- Rahnavard. Z., M. Saadaat Hashemi, H. Khalkhaali and F.Va`ez-Zadeh,2002. Effect of path analysis Factor on total Fertility ratein Iran in 2000,Hayat, 8(3):60-66.
- Khosravi, M.,(2006 ),.Medicinal Herb. 3rd edition. Terhran: Mohammed Publication.
- Butters, DE. Whitehouse MN., (2003) Treating inflammation: acceptance of effective natural Products and tradition Medicines Inflames Pharmacology 97-110.
- Bancroft, 3.D. and Stevens, A. (1982).Theory and practice of histologic al techniques 2thed Williams Clews Limited Beccles and London p.p :116-613
- Fazal, S.S., M.M. Ansarib, R.K. Singlac and S.Khand.,2012.Isolation of 3n-Butyl Phthalide and Sedanenolide from Apium graveolens Linn. IGJPS;2(3):258-261
- Hamza, A.A.and A.Amin.,2007. Apium graveolens modulates sodium valproate induced with carbon toxicity in rats. JEXP2001 Ecol Genet Physiol.,307(4):199-206.
- Harborne, J.B., 1973. Phytochemical Method Chapman and Hull. New York Is ted 238.
- Kianbakth, S. and H. Fallah Huseini.,2012.Study on effect of chicory (Cichorium in tybus L.),Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare Mill) and Dill p (Anethum graveolens L.) on fertility and Neonatal Gender irats' med lants,11(9):192-196.
- Kooti W, Ghasemiboroon M, Asadi-Samani M, Ahangarpoor M, Zamani M, Amirzargar A. 2014 Effect of Halcoholic Extract of Celery Leaves on the Delivery Rate (Fertilization and Stillbirths), the Number, Weight and Sex Ratio of Rat off Spring. Adv Environ Biol;8(10):824–30.
- Kooti W., Maryam Ghasemi-boroon, Mehri Ghafourian, Majid Asadi-Samani et al.2015 . The effect of celery leaves extract on male hormones in rata. J. of Herbmed Pharmacology.;4(2):56-60.
- Kooti W., Gahsemiboroon M, Ahangarpoor A, Haraani A, Amir Zargar A, Asadi-Samanim 2014 .The effect of hydro-alcoholic extract of celery on male rats in fertility control and sex ratio offspring. J Babal Univ med Sci.;16(4):43-9.
- Lewis,1998.The Anti-inflammatory activity of celery Apium graveolens Drug Res.,23(1):27-32.
- Miean.KH., Mohamed, (2001)). Flavonoid, (myricetin, quercetin, kaempferol, luteolin and apiginin) Content edible tropical plant.
- Modaresi,M.,(2012).effect of Apium graveolens on Testes and Spermatogenesis in mice J.Zamestan,V.1391.P.P.18-13.
- Madkour, N.K., 2012. The beneficial role of celery oil in lowering of di (2-ethylhexyl)phthalate-induced Testicular damage. Toxicol Ind Health, 19:1-12.
- Obaidi, S. (2011 ) .The effect of alcoholic extract of celery leaves on the fertility in white mice.,8(1( p:p(.215-221).
- Shamsa F, Reza Zadeh S, Shmsa H,A.,2009 Quantitative investigation on some toxic metals in popular medicinal herb in Iranian market. Iranian J Pharma Res.;2:95-99.
- Santti, R., Makela S., Strauss L., 2000 Phytoestrogens: Potentioal endocrine disruptros in males, Toxicol ind health, jan-apr:; 14(1-2): 223-237.
- Woods JA, Jewell C, O`Brien NM Sedanoide,A.,2001.natural phthalate from celery seed oil: effect on hydrogen peroxide and test-Butyl hydro peroxide-Induced toxicity in Hep G2 and CaCo-2human cell lines in vita mol toxicol.
Abstract Views: 3
PDF Views: 0