Studies on the Synthesis of Some New 1,2,4-Triazoles Derivatives and Evaluation for their Anti-Tubercular Activity Profiles
The synthesis of new heterocyclic compounds has always drawn the attention of medicinal chemist over the years mainly because they possess diverse biological properties.
The literature survey on 1,2,4-triazoles revealed that they are endowed with wide variety of biological activities. During the present investigation a series of new 1,2,4-triazole derivatives N-(3-(2-(3-hydrazinyl-3-oxoalkanoyl)hydrazinyl)-5(phenoxymethyl)-4H-1,2,4-triazol-4-yl)isonicotinamide(6a-6e) were synthesized by reacting with N-(5-mercapto-3-(phenoxymethyl)-4H-1,2,4-triazol-4-yl)isonicotinamide (5) and aliphatic dicarboxylic acid hydrazides (a-e).
The structures of the newly synthesized compounds were established by FT-IR, 1H-NMR and MASS spectral analysis. All the compounds synthesised 6a to 6e were evaluated for anti-tubercular activity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv using MABA method. The compound 6a (n=0) was found to be the most potent anti-tubercular agent. Few of the other compounds in the series also showed significant anti-tubercular properties.
- Kalluraya B, Isloor P, Frank R, Jagadeesha. Indian. J, Heterocyclic Chem.2004; 13: 245-247.
- Metzer J. Comprehensive Heterocyclic Chemistry, edited by Katritzky AR, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1984; 5: 328-331.
- Lambardino J, Wiseman E, Josephine C, J. Med. Chem. (1973); 16: 493-495.
- Burger’s ME, Medicinal Chemistry, 116-122 (Wolff Vol. IV Part III); 889- 891.
- Upmanyu N, Kumar S, Shah K, Kharya, Murli D, Mishra P. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of some novel 1,2,4-triazole derivatives. Acta poloniae pharmaceutica- drug research. 2011; 68:213-221.
- Sharma R, Nagde DP, Talesare GL. Arkivoc. 2006; 1:1.
- Espinal MA. Tuberculosis. 2003; 83:44.
- Behringer H, Fischer HJ, Berichte. 1962; 96:2546.
- Hosur MS, Talwar R. Ind. J. Pharm. Sci. 1993; 55:86.
- Ilkay K, Sevim R. Farmaco. 2004; 55(11):893.
- Passannanti A, Diana P, Barraja P, Mingoia F, Lauria A, Cirrincione G. Heterocycles.1998; 48:1229.
- Jilino M, Stevens FG. J. chem. Soc, Perkin trans1. 1998; 1677.
- Diana GD, Nitz J. J. EP. 1993; 566199.
- Holla SB, Veerendra B, Shivananda MK. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2003; 38:759.
- Udupi RH, Kulkarni VM, Purushottamachar P, Srinivasalu NJ. Ind. Chem. Soc. 2002; 79:381.
- Manfredini S, Vicentini CB, Mnafrini M, Bianchi N, Rutigliano C, Mischiati C, Gambari R. Bio org. Med. Chem. 2000; 8:2343.
- Katrizky AR, Rees CW, Scriven EF. In comprehensive heterocyclic chemistry II. Pergeman Press, Oxford, UK. 1996; 3:70.
- Kennedy AD, Summers AJ. Hetrocyclic Chem. 1981; 18:409.
- Ivoanov AB, Levin DZ, Mortikov Es. Zh.Org. khim. 1989; 25:629.
- Holla BS, Prasanna CS, Bhat UG. Ind. J. Chem.2004; 43:864.
- Raj MP, Rao JT. Asian J. Chem. 2003; 25:492.
- Maria C. S. Lourenco, Marcus V. N deSouza, Alessandra C Pinheiro, Marcelle de L. Ferreira, Rasnisb B, Goncalves, Thais Cristina M Nogneira, Monica A Peralta.“Evaluation of anti-Tubercular activity of nicotinic and isoniazid analogues” ARKIVOC 2007 (xv), 181-191.
- European committee for antimicrobial susceptibility testing (EUCAST) of the european society of clinical microbiology and infectious dieseases (ESCMID), Clinical microbiology and infection, volume-6, no. 9 September-2000,(509-515).
Abstract Views: 17
PDF Views: 0