Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
UV Derivative Spectrophotometric Methods for Validation of Esomeprazole Magnesium Tri-Hydrate in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form
The objective of the study was to develop simple, accurate, precise and rapid UV first and second order derivative spectrophotometric methods with subsequent validation by using ICH guidelines for the determination of Esomeprazole magnesium tri-hydrate in pharmaceutical dosage form. The proposed first and second order derivative methods involve the measurement of absorbance of drug at 293 nm and 281 nm for the estimation of Esomeprazole magnesium tri-hydrate respectively. The linearity of the proposed methods were found in the concentration range of 4-40 μg /ml (r2= 0.9999) for first order and second order derivative methods and the percentage mean recovery was found to be 99.59 % to 100.69 % respectively. The methods were also statistically validated for its linearity, accuracy and precision. Both intra and inter day variation showed less percentage (%) RSD values indicating high grade of precision of these methods.
UV Derivative Spectrophotometric Estimation, Esomeprazole Magnesium Tri-Hydrate, Validation.
- M. C. Sharma1, S. Sharma, Spectrophotometric Methods for the Estimation of Esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate in Pharmaceutical Formulations Using Indigo Carmine Reagent. International Journal of Pharm Tech Research, 3(2); 2011: 1186-1190.
- Nafisur Rahman, Zehra Bano and Syed Najmul Hejaz Azmi, , Spectrophotometric Determination of Esomeprazole Magnesium in Commercial Tablets Using 5-Sulfosalicylic Acid and N-Bromosuccinimide. Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, , 55; 2008: 557-566.
- Hasna mandil, Amir Alhaj Sakur and Ayman Adham Allabban, A new sensitive spectrophotometric methods for determination of esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate in dosage forms. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 5(4); 2013: 747-751.
- Putta Rajesh Kumar, Somashekar Shyale, Mallikarjuna Gouda M and S. M. Shanta Kumar, Physico-chemical characterization, UV spectrophotometric method
- Development and validation studies of Esomeprazole Magnesium Trihydrate. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical. Reseach., 2(3); 2010:484-490.
- SM Faysal Bellah et al, Development and validation method for determination of Esomperazole by HPLC. International research journal of pharmacy, 3(7); 2012: 227-232.
- Parthiban C. et.al, Method development and validation for determination of esomperzlole in tablet dosage form by RP-HPLC method, International research journal of pharmacy, 3(9); 2012: 274-276.
- Muhammad Tariq Khalil et al, HPLC Method Development and Validation for the estimation of Esomeprazole in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. International Journal of Drug Development and Research, 4(4); 2012:, 252-256.
- Vidya Gawande, and Manisha puranik. Development and Validation of RP HPLC Method for Estimation of Esomeprazole Magnesium in Solid Dosage Form. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 5(10); 2012:5074-5075.
- Sharifa Sultana, Dilshad Noor Lira, Md. Shahadat Hossain and Abu Shara Shamsur Rouf. Optimized and Validated RP-HPLC Method for the Determination of Esomeprazole Magnesium in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. Sci., 14(2); 2015: 225-232.
Abstract Views: 15
PDF Views: 0