Open Access Subscription Access
How Organizational Practices Impact Knowledge Sharing Within a Project Management Division – A Case Study
The ability to gather knowledge is an important aspect for companies. This paper investigates this ability at a project management division (office) within a technical consultancy company in the construction sector. The research questions are: How ix project experience shared within the division of project management? How do the organizational practices impact knowledge sharing? To answer these questions, three interviews with project managers in the division were conducted together with a literature study which provided theories in the subject. The paper concludes that the open structure in the division created a way for knowledge and experience to be shared. Because it is a complex research field further studies on the subject is needed for a complete understanding.
Case Study, Experience, Knowledge Sharing, Organizational Practice, Technical Consultancy Company.
Call for Papers
- Blackburn RT, et al. Cloning in academe: Mentorship and academic careers. Research in Higher Education. 1981; 15(4):315–27.
- Clegg S, Kornberger M, Tyrone P. Managing and Organizations. London: SAGE Publications; 2011.
- Clegg S, Kornberger M, Pitsis T. Managing & Organizations - an introduction to theory and practice. London: SAGE Publications; 2008.
- Kerzner H. Project management: a systems approach to planning, scheduling and controlling. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc; 2009.
- Martínez-León IM, Martínez-García JA. The influence of organizational structure on organizational learning. International Journal of Manpower. 2011; 32(5):537–66.
- Maylor H. Project Management. Issue 4. Harlow: Pearson Education Limited. Mintzberg, H. (1983), Structure in Fives: Designing Effective Organizations. NJ: Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs; 2010.
- Parker GM. Cross-functional teams: working with allies, enemies, and other strangers. 2. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass; 2003.
- Schwalbe K. Introduction to project management Massachusetts: Course Technology; 2006.
- Styhre A. Knowledge Sharing in professions – roles and identities inexpert communities. Gower: Farnham; 2011.
- Styhre A. Managing Knowledge in the Construction Industry. London: Spon Press: 2009.
Abstract Views: 144
PDF Views: 39