Open Access Subscription Access
Design and Development of Intelligent Algorithms for Multi Mobile Robot Systems
Robots are widely used to replace human and traditional machines in dangerous fields such as post-disaster relief work. This project focuses on realizing an intelligent moving method for multi mobile robots system in such environment. Challenges in this project is how to design and develop algorithms respectively for robots with different functions so that the system can move as a whole. Also, how to work out the communication and interaction between robots in the system is also difficult. Through the algorithm designed for the project, a multi mobile robots system should be able to distinguish the obstacle it meets and take sensible actions to handle them. Furthermore, robots can interact with each other to guarantee that every robot in the system can move on the desired route. Emergency handling mechanism is also added to the algorithm, and the system will have coping behaviors when it meets emergencies.
Communication and Interaction, Distinguish Obstacles, Emergency Handling, Multi Mobile Robots System.
Call for Papers
- Crystal A. 5 jobs being replaces by robots. Excelle Monster. 2013.
- Mittal G, Sehgal D. Optically Automated Spy Robot. Punjab Engineering College.
- Moubarak P, Ben-Tzvi P. Adaptive Manipulation of a Hybrid Mechanism Mobile Robot. IEEE International Symposium on Robotic and Sensors Environments (ROSE); 2011; Montreal. p. 113–8.
- Su Z, Gong J, Xiong G, Lu J. Research Contents and Development Trend of Multi Mobile Robots System. Robot research center of Beijing Institute of Technology. Beijing. 2004.
- Backer JW, Schubert M, Faber MH. On the assessment of robustness. Science Direct. 2007.
- Yan Z. Analysis of the Casualties and Countermeasures of Firefighters. Shanghai fire brigade. Shanghai. 2000.
- Law NY, Yiu Choi Kwong JJQL, Kwun Hang Kwok ZLL et al. DERRT: Disastrous Emergency Response Robot Team for Cooperative Rescue. Proceedings of the International Multi Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists; 2014.
- Baker M, Casey R, Kayes B, Yanco HA. Improved Interface for Human-robot Interacion in Urban Search and Rescue. Sytems, Man and Cybernetics. 2004; 3:2960–5.
- Li J. Collision Avoidance and Coordination of Path-planning for MulltiMobile Robots. Shanghai Jiaotong University. Shanghai. 2007.
- Colon E, Sahll H, Baudoln Y. CoRoBa,a multimobile robot control and simulation framework. Advanced Robot System.
- Liu S, Tian Y, Liu J. Multi Mobile Robot Path Planning Bas don Genetic Algorithm. Hangzhou. 2004. Mitchell, Melanie. An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms. Cambridge. 1996.
- Home-MindstormsLego. Available from http://www.lego.com/ en-us/mindstorms/?domainredir=mindstorms.lego.com.
- LEGO Engineering. Available from http://www.legoengineering.com/program/nxt-g/.
- LeJOS, Java for Lego Mindstorms. Available from http://www.lejos.org. [Accessed2011].
- The global positioning system: a shared national asset: recommendations for technical improvements and enhancements. National Research Council. 2013. p. 16
Abstract Views: 160
PDF Views: 32