Constraints Analysis and Prospects of Cashew Growers in Sindhudurg District (Maharashtra State)
This paper emphasize the importance of cashew crop as cash crop in economy due to spot payment, less investment, export earnings. Through it has been good prospects, need of present era is to increase the productivity of this crop, which would help to earn foreign exchange. Situated in the coastal area, Sindhudurg is benefited by the tropical atmosphere, plenty of dry land and ample hilly area which are very much suitable for horticultural products, preferably cashewnut. There is tremendous growth opportunity for processing cashew along with supplementary business such as Dairy and Poultry. Promotion of this crop would help for industrialization, solve the problem of unemployment. Therefore, such topic had been taken for study.
The important finding of the study is -
- More than 67% of the land under the horticulture is occupied by cashewnut plantation, out of which 42% of the plantation is yet to be matured.
- The lack of knowledge about the practice like planting method, fertilizers dose, and government scheme was the main constraint.
- About 64% of the cultivators selling their product as soon as it became available due to the pressing need of money.
- Almeda S. M. (2000). The flora of sawantwadi (Vol. 1 & 2). Jodhpur: Scientific Publication.
- Dastane, S. (2003). Maharashtra 2003. Pune: Dastane Ramchandra & Co.
- Sagar, K. (2007). Maharashtra tilJilhe. Pune: K Asagar Publication.
- Kokan Krishi Vidyapeeth. (1997). Dapoli. KajuLagwad.
- Kokan Krishi Vidyapeeth. (2000). Dapoli.Krishi Dainandini.
- Maharashtra Rajya Sahitya sanskriti Mandal. (1976). Marathi Vishwakosh, vol.3
- Patil, A.V., & Kale A. R. (1993). Maharashtratil Falzade. Pune: Continental Prakashan.
- Thombare, S. (2005). Caju Lagwad Va Prakriya Udyog. Pune: Krishidoot Prakashan.
- Hubbali V. N. (2007). Cashew development in India-strategies for golden Revolution. The Cashew, Directorate of cashew nut and Coca Development, Kochin, Kerala.
- Patil H. K., Naik, V. G., & Veerkar, P. D. (2013). Production and Productivity of Alphanso Mango in South Kokan Region of Maharashtra State. National seminar on Mango.
- Venkattakumar, R. (2008). Cashew cultivation in cuddalore. Kisan World.
- Veerkar, P. D., Bhosale, S. S., & Bagade S. R. (2006). An economic analysis of parietal improvement of cashew in Kokan Region(MS). The Cashew, 19(3), 8–11, 13.
- Ibrahim, P. A. (2018). Growth and Structure of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in Kerala. Journal of Rural and Industrial Development. Publishing India Group, New Delhi, 9–17.
- Gauda, K. R., & Gopalkrishna, K. S. (2018). Rural consumer purchase behaviour towards mobile phone with special reference to Mandya District. Journal of Rural and Industrial Development, Publishing India Group, New Delhi, 18–30.
- Singla, N., & Kaur, M. (2015). Growth and performance of agriculture sector in India. Journal of Rural and Industrial Development. Publishing India Group, New Delhi, 24–36.
- Khan, M. T., & Afroz, Z. (2015). India’s economic growth: Rural transformation and integration. Journal of Rural and Industrial Development, Publishing India Group, New Delhi, 12–19.
- Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation
- Jadhav, K. L. (2011). Economics of production of summer ground nut in Sindhudurg District. Unpublished M.Sc. (Agri) thesis, Kokan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Dapoli.
- Parab, K. S. (2010). Cashew Production Technology. Unpublished B.Sc.(Agri) Project, Y.C.M.O.U., Nashik.
- Sing, A. (2005). The Economics of production and marketing of banana in Gorakhpur district of UP. Unpublished M.Sc. (Agri) thesis, Kokan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Dapoli.
- Samant, R. S. (2007). Marketing of horticulture products in Sawantwadi Tahsil with reference to cashewnut. Unpublished M. Phil. thesis, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
Abstract Views: 36
PDF Views: 0