Rehabilitation of Anterior Partial Edentulous Condition – A Case Report
Edentulism is a state in which loss of teeth, adversely affect the function, esthetics and psychology of the patient. Rehabilitation technique has evolved considerably over years, in an attempt to achieve better ways of restoration. Certain limitation on the part of patient or dentist makes these traditional methods of removable partial dentures still the first treatment option. This case report describes a simple way of rehabilitating anterior partially edentulous condition with a cast partial denture by preserving and utilizing the remaining natural teeth.
- Allen PF, McMillan AS. A review of the functional and psychosocial outcomes of edentulousness treated with complete replacement dentures. J Can Dent Assoc. 2003; 69(10):662–667.
- NitschkeI, Muller F. The impact of oral health on the quality of life in the elderly. Oral Health Prev Dent. 2004; 2 Suppl 1:271–275.
- Watt MD, McGrgor AR. Designing partial dentures. Nosby; 1996.
- Zlataric DK, Celebic A, Valentic-Peruzovic M. The effect of removable partial dentures on periodontal health of abutment and non-abutment teeth. J Periodontol. 2002; 73:137–144. https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.2002.73.2.137. PMid:11895277
- Charles EG. Goals and limitations of implant prosthodontics. JADA. 1990; 121(3):352–353. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.1990.0159. PMid:2212321
- Moldovan O, Rudolph H, Luthardt RG. Clinical performance of removable dental prostheses in the moderately reduced dentition: A systematic literature review. Journal of Clin Oral Investig. 2016; 20(7):1435–1447. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00784-016-1873-5. PMid:27283325
- Langer Y, Langer A. Tooth-supported telescopic prostheses in compromised dentitions: A clinical report. J Prosthet Dent. 2000; 84(2):129–132. https:// doi.org/10.1067/mpr.2000.108026. PMid:10946327
- Tramini P, Montal S, Valcarcel J. Tooth loss and associated factors in long-term institutionalised elderly patients. Gerodontology. 2007; 24(4):196–203. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1741-2358.2007.00183.x. PMid:17999730
- Zissis A, Yannikakis S, Jagger R, Waters M. Wettability of denture materials. Quintessence Int. 2001; 32(6):457–462.
Abstract Views: 18
PDF Views: 0