Human-Elephant Conflict Issues with Special Reference to Crop Damage and People's Perception in and around Coimbatore Forest Division, Southern India
- Balasubrmanian M., Baskaran N., Swaminathan S. and Desai A.A. (1995) Crop raiding by Asian elephant (Elephas maximus) in the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, South India. In: A Week with Elephants (J.C. Daniel and H.S. Datye, eds.), Bombay Natural History Society/Oxford University Press, Bombay, 350-367.
- Bandara R. and Tisdell C. (2003). The economic value of conserving Asian elephant: Contingent valuation estimation for Sri Lanka. Gajah, 22: 22-29.
- Bist S.S. (2002).An overview of elephant conservation in India. Indian Forester, 128: 121-136.
- Datye H.S. and Bhagawat A.M. (1995). Man-Elephant conflict: A case study of human deaths caused by elephants in parts of central India. In: A Week with Elephants (J.C. Daniel and H.S. Datye, eds.), Bombay Natural History Society/Oxford University Press, Bombay, 340-367.
- Joel M., Edward A., Doreen R. and Biryahwaho B. (2005).Management of conservation based conflicts in South Western Uganda.
- Jayson E.A. (1999). Studies on crop damage by wild animals in kerala and evaluation of control measures, Kerala Forest Research Institute, Research Report, 169.
- Lahiri Choudhury D. (1980). An interim report on the status and distribution of elephants in north-east India. In The status of the Asian elephant in the Indian sub-continent (ed. J. India. Tiger Paper, 30: 3-6.
- Lenin J. and Sukumar R. (2011). Action Plan for the Mitigation of Elephant-Human Conflict in India. Final Report to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Asian Nature Conservation Foundation, Bangalore.
- Nath C.D. and Sukumar R. (1998). Elephant-human conflict in Kodagu: Southern India. Asian Elephant Research and Conservation Centre, Bangalore.
- Ramakrishnan B. and Saravanamuthu R. (2010). Elephant – the key stone species, Published by Tamilnadu State Council for Science and Technology and Indo American Wildlife Society, Chennai.
- Ramakrishnan B. (2008) Status of wildlife Corridors and their use by selected endangered mammals in the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, India, Ph.D thesis submitted to Bharathidhasan University, Tamilnadu.
- Rameshkumar S. and Sathyanarayana M.C. (1993). Crop raiding patterns in Hosur and Dharmapuri Forest Divisions, Dharmapuri District, Tamil Nadu, A week with elephants, Proceedings of the international seminar on asian elephants, Bombay Natural History Society, 533-534.
- Ramakrishnan B., Sivaganesan N. and Srivastava, R.K. (1997). Human interference and its impact on the elephant corridors in Sathyamangalam and Coimbatore forest divisions, Tamil Nadu, Southern India, Indian Journal of Forestry, 20(1), 8-19.
- Ramkumar K. (2014). People's perception on elephant depredation and conservation. THEFLAGPOST, Monthly magazine, may, 6-9.
- Sivaganesan N., Ajithkumar and Ramakrishnan B. (2000). “Status of the corridors and their use by mammals with special reference to selected endangered mammals in the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, Southern India,” Technical Report, Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History, Coimbatore.
- Sukumar R. (1985). Ecology of Asian Elephant (Elephas maximus) and its Interaction with Man in South India. Ph.D., thesis, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
- Sukumar R. (1989). The Asian Elephant: Ecology and Management. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Sukumar R. (1990). Ecology of the Asian elephant in southern India, II. Feeding habits and crop raiding patterns. Journal of Tropical Ecology, 6, 33-53.
- Sukumar R. (2003). The Living Elephants: evolutionary ecology, behavior and conservation. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Sukumar R. (2003). Male-female differences in foraging on crops by asian elephants, Anim. Behav., 36, 1233-1235.
- Sukumar R., Baskaran N., Dharmrajan G., Roy M., Suresh H.S. and Narendran K. (2003). Study of the Elephants in Buxa Tiger Reserve and Adjoining Areas in Northern West Bengal and Preparation of Conservation Action Plan. Final Report, Centre for Ecological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Thouless C.R. (1994). Conflict between humans and elephants on private land in northern Kenya. Oryx., 28(2), Pp- 119-127.
Abstract Views: 209
PDF Views: 0