Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Study and Experiment Analysis of the Feasibility of Partial Replacement of Industrial Waste Glass Powder as Cement in Self Compacting Concrete
Cement manufacturing industry is one of the Carbon-di-oxide (CO2) emitting sources to the atmosphere. To reduce this emission the alternative material to be used in the concrete in which the glass is adopted. Glass is an economical and environmental friendly construction material. Glass is non-biodegradable material not suitable for landfill. In this paper partial replacement of cementitious material in self compacting concrete in 5%, 10%, 15%. The replacement of glass powder decreases the unit weight and porosity by decreases in water absorption. The early consumption of alkalis by glass particles helps in reduction of alkali silica reaction. The workability of concrete is determined by using slump test and the crushing strength of aggregate is determined by using impact test. Therefore, the glass powder is used to some extent can replace the cement and contribute the strength development and characteristics of durability.
Domestic Glass, Self Compacting Concrete, Alkali Silica Reaction, Workability, Carbon-Di-Oxide.
- Fasih Ahmed Khan, Muhammad Fahab, Khan Shahzada, HarisAlam, Naveed Ali. “Utilization of waste glass powder as a partial replacement of cement in concrete‖. ISSN 2319-5347,vol.04, (2015).
- G.M. Sadiqul Islam, M.H. Rahman, NayemKazi.―Waste glass powder as partial replacement of cement for sustainable concrete practice.. (2016).
- Rakesh Sakale, Sourabh Jail, Seema Singh. “ Experimental investigation on strength of glass powder replacement by cement in concrete with different dosages”. ISSN :2277 128X, vol.05, (2015).
- Hongjian Du, Kiang Hwee Tan https://www.researchgate.net/publication/279287238. “ Waste glass powder as cement replacement in concrete”.(2014)
- Shilpa Raju, Dr.P.R.Kumar. “ Effective of using glass powder in concrete”. Volume 3, Special Issue 5 (2014)
- Veena V.Bhat, N. Bhavanishankar Rao. “Influence of glass powder on properties of concrete”. (IJETT) – Volume 16 (2014)
- Ashutosh Sherma, Ashutosh Sangamnerkar. “ Glass powder – A partial replacement of cement”.(IJCEM) Volume 1, Issue 11.(2015)
- J.M. Khatib, E.M. Negim, H.S. Sohl and N. Chileshe, “Glass Powder Utilisation in Concrete Production,” European Journal of Applied Sciences 4 (4): 173-176, 2012.
- M.N. Bajad, C.D. Modhera and A.K. Desai, “Higher Strength Concrete using Glass Powder,” Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 3,August-September 2012, pp. 380-383.
- Ankur Meena and Randheer Singh Karnik, “Comparative Study of Waste Glass Powder as Pozzolanic Material in Concrete,” B. Tech. thesis, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, 2012.
- G. Vijayakumar, H. Vishaliny, D. Govindarajulu, “Studies on Glass Powder as Partial Replacement of Cement in Concrete Production,”International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 2, Febraury 2013, pp. 153-157.
- M. Iqbal Malik, Muzafar Bashir, Sajad Ahmad, Tabish Tariq, Umar Chowdhary, “Study of Concrete Involving Use of Waste Glass as Partial Replacement of Fine Aggregates,” IOSR Journal of Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 7 (July 2013), pp. 08-13.
- Ahmad Shayan “Value Added Utilization of Waste Glass in Concrete” IABSE Symposium Melbourne, 2002, p.p.1-12
- Ahmad Shayan, Aimin Xu “Performance of glass powder as a pozzolanic material in concrete: A field trial on concrete slabs” Cement and Concrete Research, 2006, Vol.36, p.p.457–468.
- Craig Polley, Steven M. Cramer and Rodolfo V. de la Cruz “Potential For Using Waste Glass In Portland Cement Concrete” Cement and Concrete Research, 2008 Vol. 36, p.p.489–532.
- Narayanan Neithalath “An Overview Of The Benefits Of Using Glass Powder As Partial Cement Replacement Material In Concrete” Indian Concrete Journal, 2011.
- R. Idir, M. Cyr, A. Tagnit-Hamou “Use Of Waste Glass As Powder And Aggregate In Cement-Based Materials” 1stInternational Conference on Sustainable Built Environment Infrastructures in Developing Countries ENSET Oran (Algeria),2009, p.p. 109-114.
- Victor Shevchenko and WojciechSwierad “A Mechanism Of Portland Cement Hardening In The Presence Of Finely Grained Glass Powder” Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, 2007, Vol. 1, No3, p.p.179-184
- IS 10262:2009 Indian Standard Concrete Mix Proportioning- Guidelines (First Revision).
- Gautam Singh, Ashish Kumar singh, Akhil Bhaskar, Ajit Singh Attree. “A Critical Study of Effectiveness Of Waste Glass Powder In Concrete”. Vol 5 , (2014). http://www.theconcreteportal.com/scc.html
Abstract Views: 60
PDF Views: 6