Complex Decision Making Popularity - Indecisiveness in Decision Making - An Indian Classic Analysis of Neuroleadership
Complex decision making processes in India are made more critical leading to indecisiveness in leadership, that‟s in every walk of life and also in the corporati ons‟ management. Indi a is known for management dichotomies in corporate world from i ts times past since Medieval phase. Oriental India had effective decision making by virtue of the sound application if arguments methods in decision making in every walks of life. Modern India being dependant on Western and Eastern management philosophies have relegated the pragmatism to the back and welcome the foreign dictums. Modern thinkers of decision making in global business have realized the arch-problems of indecisiveness for attaining competitive edge. They realized that the turbulent markets of today require agile decisions for the fragile times. Similarly if we analyze the emerging economies of India, Thailand, China, South Korea, Japan and Singapore we can well assess and read the decisions by the business leaders. In the context of the Indian Modern management the last hour and last minute preparedness to achieve anything as the yesterday‟s deadlines have turned popul ar in leading corporate houses. The trend is a symptom is stupendous character of ethi cs and dangerous, yet most popular in the corporate practices in India.
However, certain management gurus argue that„ indecision theory‟ needs more attenti on than decision making, as anti-thesis is to thesi s. Many management dictums are turning dichotomous. Speed and Innovation enforced with a decision has become the essence of tri ad markets and market share of the indecisive market leaders have been attacked. Therefore, the study of indecisiveness has become a perspective for research concern with significance to the modern Indian Management Ethics wi th popularity and growth in decision making.
This research paper shall infuse a new learning model to understand the core of indecisiveness in the context of neuro-leadership. It shall interpret and inculcate innovative methods in relation to the thought and philosophy of the classical romanti c fiction and movies of India. Basically this research shall refer to a movie Devdas, in which Devdas - the protagonist embodies indecisiveness and is symbolic of the characteri sti c trai ts of executives in business. This shall introspect the indecisions of executives in the organizations and trace a new perspective to the theory of „indecisiveness wi th innovative models‟ and new dictums of business ethics.
This new thought shall blend the theory of indecisiveness and decision making; integrating allied issues, multi-disciplinary prospective and universal applications for combating recurrent business indecisions and problems. This is one of the bi ggest challenge of the neurol eadrship. The issues are turning prominent as to state "if a lie is repeated hundred times i t turns truth" and a mistake 179 frequently made turns a regular practice and gets management sanctions as customs or traditions and finally as laws.
- Adai r,J., 1994, Effective Decision-making, Rupa & Co., New Delhi ,pp-92-97
- Asad, U. and Rana, A., 2007, Pronto Promotionals, Asian Journal of Management Cases, Sage Publications, Los Angels/London/New Delhi/Singapore,pp-47-49.V-4.No-1
- Bono, E.d., 1999, Six Thinking Hates, Penguin Books, USA,pp-121-124. Ed-2007, The Dynamics of Diversity, Fortune, Time Asia, Hong Kong, pp-S13
- Handy, C.,1996, Beyond Certainty, Harvard Business School , USA, pp-58-59 5. Jennings, D. and Wattam, S.,1994, Decision Making-an Integrated Approach, PITMAN PUBLISHING, London, pp-268-281.
- Khalsa, A.S., Corporate Restructurising - the Underlining Issues, Future Organizations: Strategizing Business (Ed), 2005, IBAT School of Management, Excel Books,pp-161-164.
- Ray, S. and Ramakrishnan,K.,2006, Deci sion (Ed), Resource, competences and Capabilities Conundrum: A black-To-Basics Call, Indian Insti tute of Management, Cal cutta, pp-14-17.
- Yates,F.J.,2003, Decision Management-How to Assure Better Decisions in Your Company, University of Michigan Business School Management Series , Wiley India Pvt.Ltd., New Delhi, pp-24-28,111-113.
Abstract Views: 431
PDF Views: 0