Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Perception of Employees towards the Effectiveness of Performance Appraisal System in Oil Industries: An Empirical Evaluation
The research work entitled "Perception of Employees towards the Effectiveness of Performance Appraisal System in oil Industries : An Empirical Evaluation .The aim of this study was analyses and reveals the performance apprai sal system followed in oil industri es and empl oyees' views and suggesti ons regarding the apprai sal process foll owed by the industri es wi th special reference to Coimbatore ci ty. The sample of 200 respondents was selected for the study using simple random sampling method. The data collected was analyzed using Simple Percentage method, Chi-square analysis, Spearman's rank correl ati on coefficient, Karl Pearson's coefficient of correl ation, and weighted average method, F-Test, T-Test and ANOVA. The major findings was that the empl oyees' atti tude towards performance appraisal system will improve thei r potential capabilities even though the study suggested to the industries was the employees views and suggestions can be given due importance as well as pay attention to i ncrease the satisfaction level of the employees. As the oil industries in Coimbatore are a very promising and also challenging business future, the performance of the employees play a vital role as a driving force of the industry towards success.
Performance Appraisal Methods, Performance Management, 360 Degree Feedback
- Achaya K.T., 1990. “Oilseeds and Oil milling in India: A Cultural and Historical Survey”, Oxford and IBH Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Barker C.W. and Anshen M., 1987 “Modern Marketing”, Mac Millan Press Ltd., London.
- Centre for Moni toring Indian Economy, Agriculture, August 1977, New Delhi. ? David A. Revzan, 1961. “Marketing Organization through the Channel – Wholesale and a Marketing Organization”, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Kundu Dr. M.K., 2000a. “Edible Oil Scenario”, Oil and Fats Review, January – February 2000, Vol . XII, No.10 & 11.
- Kothari , C.R., Research Methodology, New Delhi , New Age International (P) Ltd., (2nd Ed) 2003.
- P. Subbha Rao, Personnel and Human Resource Management Text & cases, Himalaya Publishing house. Moorthy MV, Principles of Labor Welfare. Vi shakhapatnam Gupta Brothers 1968
- A.J. Murphy, "Appraisal and the Small Company", Personnel Review, Vol . 9 Iss: 4, pp.15 – 20, 1980.
- Mark R Edwards, Walter C Borman, J.Ruth Sproull, ”Business Hori zons, Volume 28, Issue 3, Pages 59-68, May-June 1985.
- Jeanette N. Cleveland, Kevin R. Murphy, and Richard E. Williams,”Mul tiple uses of performance appraisal: Prevalence and Correlates”, Journal of Applied Psychol ogy, Vol . 74, and No.1. 130-135, 1985
- Kevin R. Murphy, Barbara M. Herr, Maura C. Lockhart, and Eammon Maguire,” Evaluating the Performance of Paper Peopl e”, Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol . 71, No. 4,654-661,1986
- Cardy, Robert L. Dobbins, Gregory H,” Affect and apprai sal accuracy: Liking as an integral dimensi on in evaluating performance”, Journal of Applied Psychol ogy, Vol 71(4, 672-678), Nov 1986
- Pearce, Jone L.Porter, Lyman W., ”Employee responses to formal performance apprai sal feedback”, .Journal of Applied Psychol ogy, Vol 71(2), 211-218,1986
Abstract Views: 510
PDF Views: 0