Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Prediction of Playing Ability of University Level Handball Players in Relation to Their Motor Ability and Kinthropometric Variables
In the modern world, which is technically advanced and developing more and more by leaps and bounds in the shortest span of time there is great need of considering the personality and characteristics of the individuals and the sports person specially to get the surprising and better results and performance. The individual characteristics may include any think pertaining to the need of the game and in case of handball the motor ability and anthropometric variables have no place and match for higher a many the individual characteristics each individual or team which participate in any sports events wants to win because society attract great significance of winning. Handball being a running dribbled game and the game gained popularly and spread all over the world and having a various fundamental skills needs the factors which relate to the development of health and increase functional capacity of the body and its contributes in the successful performance of fundamentals skills in handball. The anthropometric measurements can be used for assessments of physical status and related to one’s health immunity from disease and are helpful for performance. Physical performance and personality qualities with the help these factors the handball players can excel betterly as well these can be used as tools of selections of handball players. This will also helpful in general develop means of handball players and the game of handball The results of the study set a general trend of the improvements in overall handball playing ability according to their level of competitions.
- Barrow H.M. (1974), Test of Motor Ability for Collegeman Research Quarterly 25 (3); 253:80.
- Basoo James S. (1979), The Physical and Personality : Characteristics of Male. Gymnasts e.g. from Christian son Chair. The Gymnasts body international gymnast 1. TS, pp.12.
- Bawa G.S. (1981), A study of relationship between physical characteristics and performance in gymnastic. Unpublished Master Thesis N.I.S. Patiala.
- Bola, Gurdeep Singh (2003) Prediction of Playing Abilities of North India Junior Basket Ball Players correlation to their motor fitness & selected kinanthropometric measurements unpublished Ph.D. thesis submitted to KUK.
- Boreman Zebenal (W). Relationship of selected Anthropometric and Physical Performance Measure to Performance in Running, Hap Step Jump, Research Quarterly, 35. 10.
- Chauhan et al (2003). Correlation between selected Anthropometric variables and Middle distance running performance. General of sports and sports SNIPES, July voll. 2 No. 3.
- Clarke H.H. (1966) Education and Physical Fitness Res. Digest.
- Cripriano, Char (1988), The Gymnast Body. International Gymnast I.TS. pp. 10-12.
- Easter T.K. and LBC Rose W.D. (1968). Physical fitness of champion Athlete urban University of Illinois Press.
- Encyclopedia Britannica (1989). Faber and Faber London, Prentice Hall INC, London, 4th Vol. 16-17.
- Fulenshima Sho (1990), Physical Conditioning: A Review International Gymnastics, pp. 57-59.
- Harold M. Barrow and Mcgee (1971), A Practical Approach to Measurement in Physical Education IInd Ed.
- Harre D (1979) Principal of Sports Training Sports Verleg Berlin pp. 180.
- Harre D (1982) Principal of Sports Training Berlin & Sports Verleg.
- Hirata K (1966) Physique and Age of Tokyo Olympic Champion J. Sports Med. and Phy. 6 pp. 207-222.
- Johan Harlod E (1982). The relationship of strength to physique Aner. J. Phys. Anthrop. 5 : 29-30.
- Johen Good Body (1982), The illustrated History of Gymnastics, London Standly Paul, p. 13.
- Mathew J.L. and E. Colley (1984), Size and Somatotype Correlates of Strength and Physiological Performance in Adult Male Studies Australian Journal of Science and Medicine in Sports 16 : 26.
- Sidhu LS and Anand S. (1971). A comparative study of some anthropometric variables and subcutaneous tissue folds in athletes and non athletes punjabi adults SNIPES Journal 5, pp. 30-34.
- Sodhi H.S. (1991), Sports anthropometry Mohali, ANOVA Publicatioin, pp. 9. 20.
Abstract Views: 97
PDF Views: 0