Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Education: Breaking the Cycle of Female Disadvantage
As well said by, Lucretia Mott "The world has never yet seen a truly great and virtuous nation because in the degradation of woman the very fountains of life are poisoned at their source". The paper capitalize on the current existing situation of women in India, need for her empowerment, realization of her powers & her contribution in nation building. It's a high time to think of that ICT can still wait but not our women welfare. Paper has emphasized on various programs launched by the Government for HER'S welfare and has also made an attempt to assess their success in reference to Human Development Index by the report released by UNDP in 2010, after 20 years.
Education, Women, Gender Equity, Women Education.
- Yusuf Sayed, Ramya Subrahmanian, Crain Soudien, Nazir Carrim Sarada Balgopalan, Fhulu Nekhwevha and Michael Samuel,(2007)Education ,Exclusion and Inclusion: Policy and Implementation in South Africa and India ,Researching the Issues
- ANJALI KHIRWADKAR Reinventing the Paradigm of Teaching-Implication for Teacher Education JOURNAL OF INDIAN EDUCATION Volume XXXIII Number 2 August 2007
- Kareena Bhatia, Manoj Kumar Dash, National Knowledge Commission – A Step towards India’s Higher Education Reforms on India’s Higher Education International Research Journal of Finance and Economics ISSN 1450-2887 Issue 53 (2010)
- SECONDARY EDUCATION IN INDIA: UNIVERSALIZING OPPORTUNITY, Human Development Unit South Asia Region January 2009, Document of the World Bank
- JANDHYALA B G TILAK ,Post‐Elementary Education, Poverty and Development in India ,National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration 17‐B Sri Aurobindo Marg, INDIA Post‐Basic Education and Training Working Paper Series ‐ Nº 6 (Revised) November 2005,Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh
- Vimala Ramachandran Background paper prepared for the Education for All Global Monitoring Report 2003/4 Gender and Education for All: The Leap to Equality
- Stephan Klasen ,Francesca Lamanna, The Impact of Gender Inequality in Education and Employment on Economic Growth in Developing Countries: Updates and ExtensionsWorld Bank Group1 ,August 15, 2008
- Sankaran, Kamala; Madhav, Roopa Gender equality and social dialogue in India / Kamala International Labour Office.- Geneva: ILO, 2011 ISBN 978-92-2-123909-3 (print) ISBN 978-92-2-123910-9 (web pdf)
- Sharada Jain 2003, Gender equality in education. Community based initiatives in India. Background paper prepared for the Education for All Global Monitoring Report 2003/4 Gender and Education for All: The Leap to Equality
- TZENITH International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Vol.1 Issue 6, October 2011, ISSN 2231 5780 www.zenithresearch.org.in 325
- Background paper: Gender Equality and Pro-Poor Growth Women‟s Economic Empowerment Series October, 2010
- Madhumita Bandyopadhyay,Ramya Subrahmanian ,CREATE PATHWAYS TO ACCESS, Consortium for Research on Educational Access,Transitions and Equity Gender Equity in Education: A Review of Trends and Factors Gender Equity in Education:Research Monograph No 18 April 2008
- Andrew Morrison,Dhushyanth Raju,Nistha Sinha ;Gender Equality, Poverty and Economic Growth POLICY RESEARCH WORKING PAPER 4349 The World Bank, Gender and Development Group.Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Network,September 2007
- Nath, Anna. Women’s bill a big step towards gender equality, One World South Asia, 13 March, 2010.
- Nandela,Krishnan.” Gandhi on Women’s Empowerment”, Associate Professor, Head, Deptt of Economics, Mumbai.
- Jain,Sharda.” Gender Equality in Education. Community Based Initiatives in India”, Background paper prepared for education For All Global Monitoring Report 2003/4.
- Parasaran,K. A consultation paper on “Literacy in the context of Constitution of India‟, Sept.26, 2001, Vigyan Bhawan Annexe, New Delhi.
- Kishor,Sunita. & Gupta,Kamla. 2009. “ Gender Equality and Women Empowerment in India” National Family Health Survey (NFHS-3) ,India,2005-06.Mumbai: International Institute For Population Sciences;Calverton,Maryland,USA:ICF Macro.
- Kylasam Iyer, Deepa.2010.” Prospects and challenges in the Indian context”, The African Executive, Issue294, Nyaku House, Mezz FI. Arzwings KodhekRoad, Hurlingham,Nairobi,Kenya.
- India, Gender Gap Review, World Economic Forum, 2009.
- Handy,Femina & Kassam,Meenaz.2004” Women Empowerment in rural India”, Paper presented at ISTR Conference, Toronto, Canada.
- Wada Na Todo Abhiyan, Sept.2010”Millenium Development Goals in India, 2010-A Civil Society Report”, Copenhagen, 2010.
Abstract Views: 104
PDF Views: 0