Correlation among Cervical Pain, Neck Disability Index and Health Related Quality of Life for Subjects Suffering from Cervical Pain of Age Group 20 to 75 Years
1. To evaluate neck pain, neck disability and quality of life of patients with cervical pain
2. To find correlation between pain, disability and quality of life
1. Visual analogue scale (VAS) for pain
2. Neck disability index for evaluating disability
3. Rand shortform-36 for health related Quality of life
Methodology: Approx. 50 patients of age group 20-75 years with cervical pain were included in the study. This study is based on observation. Data was collected from G.B..Pant Hospital , Delhi, various clinics and from general population on the basis of inclusion criteria. After rapport building, subjects were evaluated for pain, disability and quality of life for functional outcomes. After data collection, correlation between the three scales was established and data was analyzed statistically by using correlation Regression.
1. Increase in cervical pain will lead to decrease in quality of life in all different domains
2. Disability is directly correlated to quality of life
- Emedicine – Cervical spondylosis: Diagnosis and management: Article by Eli M Baron: Wolsko P M.Pattern and perception of care for treatment of back and neck: result of national survey 2003;28:292-297.
- Boden SD, Swanson AL. An assessment of the early management of spine problems and appropriateness of diagnostic imaging utilization. Physical med rehabil. Cilin N Am 1998; 9:411-417.
- WHO: Preamble to construction of world health organization as adopted by International health conference, New York, 19-22 June 1946; signed on 22 July 1946 by representatives of 61 states (official records of world health organization, NO-2, P-100).
- Sintonen H: The 15D instrument of health related quality of life properties and applications. Ann Med 2001, 33(5); 328-336.
- Cote P. Cassidy JD : The factors associated with neck pain and its related disability in Saskatchewan Population.Spine2000 25(9): 119-1117.
- Hermann, KM Reeses CS: Relationships among selected measured of impairment, functional limitation and disability in patients with cervical spine disorders. Phys Therapy 2001, 81(3), 903-914.
- Daffner SD, Hillenbrand AS, Impact of neck and arm pain on overall health status. Spine 2003, 28(17);2030-2035.
- Cock E L, Harman JS: A Comparison of healthrelated quality of life for individuals with mental health disorders and common medical condts. Public health Rep 2008, 123(1) :45-51.
- Luo X. Edwards Cl, Richardson W: Relationships of clinical psychology. And individual factors with functional status of neck pain patients.
- Lobbezoo F : Impaired health status, sleep disorders and pain in carniomandubular and cervical spine regions. Eur J Pain 2004,8(1): 23-30.
- Saarni si, Harkanen T,Sintonen H, Suisaari j, koskinen s, Aromaa A, Lonnqurist J: The impact of 29 chronic condts on health related quality of life” a general population survey in Finland using 15D and EQ-5D. Qual life res 2006 15(8): 1403-1414.
- Ware JE Jr, Sherboune CD: the MOS 36- item short form health survey (SF36). Conceptual framework and item selection. Med Care 1992 30(6): 473-483.
- Vernon H, Mior S. The Neck Disability Index. A study of reliability and Validity.J Manipuative Physiology Thera. 1991; 14:409-415.
- Leak AM. Cooper J, Turner –Stokes L, Frank AO.The Northwick Park Neck Pain Questionnaire devised to measure neck Pain and disability. Br J Rheumatology 1994; 33:469-474
- Jordan A Mannichel C, Hindsherzer C. The Copenhangen Neck Functional Disability scale: A study of reliability and validity. J manipulative physiol Thera. 1998; 21 520-527.
- Wheeler A H Goolkasian P Baird AC, Darden BV 2nd, Development of Neck Pain and disability Scale Item analysis, Face and criterion relate validity. Spine 24: 1290-1294.
Abstract Views: 157
PDF Views: 0