Efficacy of Taping in Bell's Palsy
Materials and Method: The study was conducted on 30 subjects. Subjects were divided into two groups. One group was given Electrical stimulation and exercises and other group was given electrical stimulation , facial exercises and taping.
Results- There exists significant difference between post-treatment scores of both the groups. The study concluded that the treatment of Es+facial exercise+tapping is effective in curing bell's palsy
Conclusion: Group B protocol is more effective for functional retraining than conventional treatment in subjects with Bells Palsy.
- Kanazawa A, Haginomori S, Takamaki A, et al. Prognosis for Bell’s palsy: A comparison of diabetic and nondiabetic patients. Acta Otolaryngol. 2007;127(8):888-891
- Batra V and Batra M, (2007) To Study and compare the efficacy of taping protocol / technique over conventional treatment protocol in Bell’s Palsy .2007;39(2):35-40
- Ahmed A. When is facial paralysis Bell palsy? Current diagnosis and treatment. Cleve Clin J Med. 2005;72(5):398-401, 405.
- Schonbeck, joan 2006,Gale Encyclopedia of children health: Infancy through adolescence.
- Cederwall E, Olsen MF, Hanner P, Fogdestam I Department of Physiotherapy, Skene lasarett, Skene, Sweden (2006); Evaluationof a physiotherapeutic treatment intervention in “Bell’s” facial palsy.Physiotherapy Theory Pract. Jan 22(1): 43-52.
- Dalla Toffola, Bossi D, BuonocoreM, Montomli C, Petrucci L, AlfonsiE (2005); Usefulness of BFB/ EMG in facial palsy rehabilitation, Disabil Rehabil. Jul 22; 27(14): 809-15.
- Ross B, Nedzelski JM, McLean JA (1991): Efficacy of feedback training in long- standing facial nerve paresis. Laryngoscope 101:744-750.
Abstract Views: 1344
PDF Views: 0