Documented Physiotherapeutic Approach in Post Corrective Osteotomy Procedure for Gunstock Deformity Caused by Old Supracondylar Fracture Malunion
Background: Physiotherapeutic intervention in a phasic manner has been in practice after orthopedic surgeries .graded physiotherapy has a great value in reducing post surgical inflammation pain and improving mobility .this work is done towards presenting the data regarding post surgical condition of corrective osteotomy for cubital varus on left side the treatment techniques were choosen on the basis of phasic evaluation and post treatment evaluation was done in order to check the prognosis in terms of inflammation, pain and ROM .several exercise therapeutic techniques and electro therapeutic techniques have been selected periodically on a basis of pre- treatment assessment. In this data presentation electro therapeutic techniques like,faradism under tension for correction of deformity, TENS,ULTRA SOUND , PARAFFIN WAX BATH (pain relief and extensibility)where the treatment modalities selected.
Method : Treatment techniques were selected based on the evaluation in every particular session. . faradism under tension ,Paraffin wax bath, TENS ,muscle energy techniques, cyriax deep friction massage and ultrasound therapy modalities were used selectively.
Results : Faradism under tension ,Paraffin wax bath, TENS ,muscle energy techniques, cyriax deep friction massage and ultrasound therapy modalities were used selectively with range of movement exercise in four phases and evaluation was done in every session. each phase was of 3 days at the end of 12 days re evaluation was done and found that there was a marked decrease in pain, inflammation and increased range of motion.
Conclusion : after the selective physiotherapy approaches there was reduction of pain,oedema and range of motion was improved. graded physiotherapeutic intervention is important to most of the orthopedic post operative conditions in reducing pain, decreasing inflammation, increasing mobility.
- Faradism under tension : CLAYTONS 4th EDITION
- Cyriax’s deep friction massage : Beard G, Wood EC: Massage, Principles and Techniques. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Co. 1974
- Bloom W, Fawcett DW: A Textbook of Histology, Ed 10. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Co, 1975
- Burkhart S: The rationale for joint mobilization. In: Kent BE (ed). Proceedings of the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulation Therapists, Vail, Colorado, May, 1977, pp 153-1 57.
- Cyriax J: Textbook of Orthopaedic Medicine, Vol.1, Ed
- London: Bailliere, Tindall & Cassell Ltd, 1979
- Cyriax J, Russell G: Textbook of Orthopaedic Medicine, Vol 2, Ed 10. London: Bailliere, Tindall 8 Cassell Ltd, 1980
- Danielsen CC: Mechanical properties of reconstituted collagen fibrils,1981, Connect Tissue Res 951 -57.
- Dorpat TL. Hulmes TH: Mechanism of skeletal pain and fatigue, 1955, Arch Neurol Psychiatry 74:628-640.
- Frankel VH, Nordin MA: Basic Biomechanics of the Skeletal System. Philadelphia: Lea 8 Febiger. 1980
- Frost HM: Orthopaedic Biomechanics. Springfield, IL: Charles C Thomas. Publisher, 1973
- Glick JM: Muscle strains: prevention and treatment, 1980, Phys Sportsmed 8:73-77.
- Golden B. Block WD, Pearson JR: Wound healing of tendon-I. Physical, mechanical and metabolic changes. J Biomech, 1979,13:241-256
- Gray’s Anatomy, Ed 36, Warwick R, Williams P (eds). London: Churchill Livingstone, 1980
- Ham AW: Histology. Ed 8. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott Co. 1979
- Hill AV: First and Last Experiments in Muscle Mechanics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1970 chaves p,et al.musculoskeletal sci pract .2017
- Muscle energy techniques: Deyo RA, Mirza SK, Martin BI. Back pain prevalence and visit rates: estimates from U.S. national surveys, 2002. Spine. 2006;31(23):2724–2727.
- Greenman P. Principles of Manual Therapy. 2nd ed. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins; 1996.
- Wilson E, Payton O, Donegan-Shoaf L, Dec K. muscle energy technique in patients with acute low back pain: a pilot clinical trial. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2003;33(9): 502–512.
- Selkow N, Grindstaff T, Cross K, et al. Shortterm effect of muscle energy technique on pain in individuals with non-specific lumbopelvic pain: a pilot study. J Man Manip Ther. 2009;17(1):14–18.
- Childs JD, Piva SR, Fritz JM. Responsiveness of the numeric pain rating scale in patients with low back pain. Spine. 2005;30:1331–1334.
- Fritz JM,Cleland JA,ChildsJD. Subgrouping patients with low back pain: evolution of a classification approach to physical therapy. J Orthop Sports Phys international journal of osteopathic medicine,http:// www.journalofosteopathicmedicine.com>
- Electrotherapy : LOW & ANN REED 4 TH EDITION.
Abstract Views: 10
PDF Views: 0